Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Can anyone tell me whether tort April 14 question 6 is nuisance or rylands ? And furthermore what on earth is q2 about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

vickyplumx wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whether tort April 14 question 6 is nuisance or rylands ? And furthermore what on earth is q2 about ?

Q6 is nuisance, his report says 'omission to act' so pretty much nuisance. I don't think it would have hurt to mention r v f

Q2 was abatement of nuisance. That's what report says. Which I know means that the person impinged can take steps to prevent the nuisance but have no idea how he wanted that answered.
    Anyone.??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Legal125 wrote: »
    Q6 is nuisance, his report says 'omission to act' so pretty much nuisance. I don't think it would have hurt to mention r v f

Q2 was abatement of nuisance. That's what report says. Which I know means that the person impinged can take steps to prevent the nuisance but have no idea how he wanted that answered.
    Anyone.??

Ya I figured nuisance for q6 but he was throwing in a little bit of rylands too. Thank god q2 was something obscure...it was really bothering me.

Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MJW5

Anyone know top topics for this sitting for constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Have people gotten confirmation from the Law Society? I still haven't received anything official.

• Advertisement

Have people gotten confirmation from the Law Society? I still haven't received anything official.

I got a letter confirming receipt of my payment this time. I did four last sitting so i have an id number already.

But my first time I got nothing at all and it was about two weeks before so I rang to check and they confirmed they had me on record so it's not unusual

I imagine the exam numbers should be sent out any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Hi all, panic def starting to creep in for these exams!
    Has anyone any thoughts/tips for Tort? Its such a broad course, with such a wide range of topics but so hard to know what to include!
    Any suggestions would be very welcome!
    Happy studying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Hey, I just went to book the Ibis hotel for the first couple of exams but it's booked out already, so is the red cow moran hotel...any suggestions on where else there is to stay? I'm worried most things will be booked out at this stage considering it's the weekend of the all Ireland :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

May92 wrote: »
    Hey, I just went to book the Ibis hotel for the first couple of exams but it's booked out already, so is the red cow moran hotel...any suggestions on where else there is to stay? I'm worried most things will be booked out at this stage considering it's the weekend of the all Ireland :/

Maybe somewhere in Tallaght near the LUAS (which is beside the shopping centre), and it's about 5-10 mins to the Redcow stop and then maybe a 5-10 min walk to the hotel.

If you really need to stay, then that's an option, but it would mean 30 mins for travel in the morning.

Of course if you have a car you could drive from Tallaght to the Redcow but the traffic would be bad.

Got my exam number I'm in the 50's, less people this sitting...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I'm in the 200's.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

dashdoll wrote: »
    I'm in the 200's.

Yeah I was in 100's aswell compared to 700 last time! And I applied at the last minute! Odd

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Billetdoux

I was able to book the Red Cow only a few minutes ago, through their own website. What dates were you trying to book for?

Hey,
    Does anyone know where I could get sale of goods legislation for contract? Do you buy both acts separately or are they in one booklet?

Hey,
    Does anyone know where I could get sale of goods legislation for contract? Do you buy both acts separately or are they in one booklet?

I Was also in 600s last time.

Re legislation it has to be the actual legislation. Contact government publications office. If you google it. They will direct you.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Was trying to book Sat 20th - Tues 23rd...it's booked out on the sat and sun nights, and they want 175 for the monday night which is just ridiculous! Hmmm I suppose I'll just have keep looking to see if there are any other hotels available on the luas line. Why does it have to be the same weekend as the match..!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Billetdoux

I booked it on the Monday night for 80? Just double check the website or try ringing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Isa Bella

MissM89 wrote: »
    Hi all, panic def starting to creep in for these exams!
    Has anyone any thoughts/tips for Tort? Its such a broad course, with such a wide range of topics but so hard to know what to include!
    Any suggestions would be very welcome!
    Happy studying :)

Also would love to hear what others are focusing on because I am at an absolute loss as to what could appear!! Any sugguestions would really be appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Trespass to the Person - 90%
    Vicarious Liability - 80%

Product Liability - 70%
    Duty/Standard of Care - 70%

Causation - 60%
    Defamation - 60%
    Professional Negligence - 60%

Nuisance - 50%
    Occupier's Liability - 40%

That's what I'm doing for Tort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Was trying to book Sat 20th - Tues 23rd...it's booked out on the sat and sun nights, and they want 175 for the monday night which is just ridiculous! Hmmm I suppose I'll just have keep looking to see if there are any other hotels available on the luas line. Why does it have to be the same weekend as the match..!

I booked the Monday night a few days ago for €52.50. They had some offer on at the time so maybe I got lucky.

I know a few people who stayed in the Generator hostel which is apparently nearby and very cheap. There was a group of them so they had a room to themselves which made it easier to study. I doubt there would be many people in a hostel room during the day anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

For tort I am leaving out defamation, damages, limitations, employer's liability , professional negligence. Do you think it's risky ? Trying to cover as much of the rest as I can

Hi guys,
    Just looking at q2 March 2011 for tort. When read this thought I'd answer it on ord neg principles duty&standard care causation etc. but read a sample answer and it seems to focus on failure to act by publicans, schools etc. just wondering if anyone knows if you could answer it on ord principles or would that be totally wrong? Q 8 march 2013 is the same??? Sorry for a long winded question!!

Hi guys,
    Just looking at q2 March 2011 for tort. When read this thought I'd answer it on ord neg principles duty&standard care causation etc. but read a sample answer and it seems to focus on failure to act by publicans, schools etc. just wondering if anyone knows if you could answer it on ord principles or would that be totally wrong? Q 8 march 2013 is the same??? Sorry for a long winded question!!

Yeah affirmative duty of care apparantly. Ess a tricky neg Q. The person omission to act neg. etc tied up with causation

In q8 2013 he says at the end - whether duty of care is owed, therefore he tells u talk about duty of care flanigan v houlihan and publican cases would have been relevant there.

His prob Qs scare me. A lot sometimes. Hoping I can decipher on the day what he is act asking

Yeah affirmative duty of care apparantly. Ess a tricky neg Q. The person omission to act neg. etc tied up with causation

In q8 2013 he says at the end - whether duty of care is owed, therefore he tells u talk about duty of care flanigan v houlihan and publican cases would have been relevant there.

His prob Qs scare me. A lot sometimes. Hoping I can decipher on the day what he is act asking

Yeah totally don't get that like..when he specifically said duty of care I'd have ran with donoghue v Stevenson etc then onto standard of care and try to establish causation. I can't imagine you'd be penalised too much if u went that route and had 2 or three publican cases...hopefully anyway!

Yeah totally don't get that like..when he specifically said duty of care I'd have ran with donoghue v Stevenson etc then onto standard of care and try to establish causation. I can't imagine you'd be penalised too much if u went that route and had 2 or three publican cases...hopefully anyway!

I mean u use those cases in the duty of care sense. Like in Flanagan they addressed duty of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TMJK

In criminal when asked about the 'scope' of a court (eg Special Criminal Court) what does that mean?? Is it just tied in with Jurisdiction (I would imagine)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I received my information letter today. Exam number is only in 400s compared to 1300s in April.

Only finishing making notes today...FML.

5 subjects...so overwhelmed! :(

dashdoll wrote: »
    Only finishing making notes today...FML.

5 subjects...so overwhelmed! :(

I have felt overwhelmed for 9 months now. I feel ur pain.
    Try to get learning as much as you can.

• Advertisement

I have felt overwhelmed for 9 months now. I feel ur pain.
    Try to get learning as much as you can.

Spent so much time watching lectures and writing notes when I should have just started learning... feel like I've left it too late already.

Hopefully we'll get through it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement