Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

Milkypops wrote: »
    im sending you some there now just let me know can you open?

No, I can't open those. Thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

kel.lynch wrote: »
    No, I can't open those. Thanks though :)

ok i have them on my laptop at home so il try then ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

ok i have them on my laptop at home so il try then ok :)

I'm actually starting to do them myself now so don't worry too much about it. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I have up to date grids for EU, Equity and Company if anyone needs them but I need Contract, Criminal and Property. PM me if interested in swapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

dashdoll wrote: »
    I have up to date grids for EU, Equity and Company if anyone needs them but I need Contract, Criminal and Property. PM me if interested in swapping.

I'm interested in equity but have nothing to swap as it's the only exam I have left. Maybe you could be nice ;)

• Advertisement

I'm interested in equity but have nothing to swap as it's the only exam I have left. Maybe you could be nice ;)

Yeah, no problem. PM your email and I'll send it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Orlando146

im sending you some there now just let me know can you open?

Any chance I could get them off you aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaLuciole

Could anyone tell me from experience how much store is given by law firms (the top tier firms in particular) to fe1 results/if someone applying for a TC has the exams passed but failed a few of them in the process?
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thatdepends

Hi,

Does anyone have the EU Law March 2014 exam paper and the Constitutional April 2014 exam papers they could send me??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

LaLuciole wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me from experience how much store is given by law firms (the top tier firms in particular) to fe1 results/if someone applying for a TC has the exams passed but failed a few of them in the process?
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

Small firm experience - no store at all, just show your letter saying you've been deemed to have passed. I kind-of went the scenic route myself ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi. I was meant to be sitting four FE1s in March, but I've brought it forward to September (long story) so I'm late off the mark. I've a few questions that I hope you can help me out with because I need to hit the ground running.

1. Exam grids. How useful are they? I have equity grids from 2003-2010 and it's quite obvious that certain topics need to be covered. But I know from studying equity as an undergrad what subjects are the most important. So it seems a little obvious to me. Is that all they're for? Or are they more useful in other subjects where the key topics aren't as clear cut (although in most subjects they are)? Or maybe they're for trying to predict a curveball?

2. Examiners' Reports. How do people use these? Is it part of your initial study, or do you attempt the questions and then refer to the reports to help review your answers?

3. Past papers. Do people use these much? I never used them much as an undergrad. I only looked at them to get an idea of the type of questions that the lecturer asked. But I never actually done sample answers. Is that a big part of people's FE1 revision?

4. How do people get their hands on the latest grids, reports and papers? I notice a lot of people asking that question and getting no replies. Are they for swap, for sale?

Any advice would go a long way.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Orlando146

Hi,

Does anyone have the EU Law March 2014 exam paper and the Constitutional April 2014 exam papers they could send me??

thanks

I can send them on in about an hour. If you've any grids for 2014 I'd be eternally grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Second time to try get magic three. Just can't get into it this time round :) have all my notes etc from last time but have no interest at all. Doin one new subject and have lectures and notes up to date.
    Really need to get my ass in gear for others.
    Did anyone find revision classes useful

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Hey looking for up to date grids, reports or sample answers for Tort. It's my last exam and really struggling to see where I can make up the marks from last sitting.
    Have loads of other material to share.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

dashdoll wrote: »

Could I please please get company off you?? Im on my last two, constitutional too and would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 prince89

Hi,

Does anyone know when the last independent college class for Company and Equity is scheduled to be? Is it going to be the 26th/27th of August or the 2nd/3rd of September 2014?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dowistrepla

Hi just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the relative difficulty of tort and company. I know tort has a reputation of being difficult I find the concepts more relatable than company law. Also is constitutional too big a course to start studying at this stage? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Does anyone know what came up in the contract law FE1 in April 2014 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Hi everyone - I have a question about Training Contracts. Anyone ever know of someone, or they themselves got a contract having passed 4 exams? I know the big companies take on graduates straight from college, but I mean any of the smaller firms. Any ads I have seen state that all exams must be passed, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience in getting a contract, and even starting a job without having all exams done? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Yea I've seen the same. I took an internship on jobbridge covering a matt leave and now it looks like im getting a ts contract albeit ill have to pay for blackhall muself and i dont know how. I've just three fe1s done.
    MissM89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone - I have a question about Training Contracts. Anyone ever know of someone, or they themselves got a contract having passed 4 exams? I know the big companies take on graduates straight from college, but I mean any of the smaller firms. Any ads I have seen state that all exams must be passed, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience in getting a contract, and even starting a job without having all exams done? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice.
    I've signed up to do 6 exams as I thought I would have plenty of time but thinking I'll probably have to cut it back to 5 now as I'm worried that I'm running out of time.

I'm doing prep courses so all I have been doing so far is basically watching the lectures and taking notes on these (finding these v time consuming) should be finished this in roughly 10 days or so which would leave me with roughly 4 weeks to learn 6 subjects and practice exams qs(have nothing learned at the moment)

I think I'd be cutting it a bit fine with all of that so probably better off focusing on one less at this stage instead of messing all of my exams up!

Any thoughts on which is more difficult out of EU and Company? I'm guessing Company might be a bit shorter and more straightforward?

Would really appreciate any advice! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

King Ian wrote: »
    Hi - as someone in practice who thankfully arrived out of college just in time to avoid the FE1s I always get asked questions about them but never have a clue - so id appreciate a view on this query:

Someone has asked me which one (or possibly two) of Property, EU, Company and Constitutional should they attempt to take on at this stage?

They had planned on doing just four but now feel confident enough on those and are considering cramming a fifth (and possibly sixth) into the last 4 week run-in.

It sounds fairly ambitious to me no matter how easy/difficult these subjects are relative to each other but id appreciate opinions on it which I can pass on.

Thanks

I'd try to avoid doing EU and Constitutional together as they are by far the biggest subjects in terms of material. If you are going to do them together, I'd definitely avoid doing more than 4 exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Padjo1

Hi,

Does anyone have an up-to-date exam grind for tort? also I have old materials so just wondering has there been any major changes in tort since last sitting in April that I should be aware of legislation or cases

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on the case notes questions in EU and Constitutional? Do lecturers generally advising doing them, do students like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

S12b wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on the case notes questions in EU and Constitutional? Do lecturers generally advising doing them, do students like them?

They're next to impossible to prepare for seeing as there's no real way to predict what cases will come up. The advice I got was not to worry about them but you might be lucky and get a couple that you can answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

safc_pete wrote: »
    They're next to impossible to prepare for seeing as there's no real way to predict what cases will come up. The advice I got was not to worry about them but you might be lucky and get a couple that you can answer.

True for constitutional.
    But.
    EU it takes work but There are 15 to 20 cases u need to do in depth. I made up my own grid off papers. Worked for me. Learn them how he outlines in reports and it's a banker Q. That said it takes a bit of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

safc_pete wrote: »
    Legal125 wrote: »
    True for constitutional.
    But.
    EU it takes work but There are 15 to 20 cases u need to do in depth. I made up my own grid off papers. Worked for me. Learn them how he outlines in reports and it's a banker Q. That said it takes a bit of effort.

Thanks, I went through the past papers and you're dead right.....no pattern at all to constitutional so I'll leave that but EU does look like a good option. I've picked out about 15 cases so that looks like a banker question without a huge amount of work, fairly good option for anyone considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frfdm6e

Does anyone know the lightly dates for the fe1 exams that will be held in 2015. Are they more lightly to be in the start or end of March/April? I know that 2014's dates were different than the norm so I was wondering if anyone knew what the norm was for the exams in that time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just wondering does anyone know which manual is the best to use for EU Law? I used Independent for my first 4 so might just stick to them unless there is a better option for EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hi, anyone know if the examiner's report for April has came out yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement