Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card Review Form - can anyone clarify a couple of details?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Par for the course I'm afraid, puma90!

Is the 'Review online' button on this page what you're looking for?
    https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/
    I don't know what info it requires (after the initial page for entering PPSN), but my spouse & I were picked for a random check 2-3 years ago, and that review form needed all details of income & relevant outgoings, with recent proof of all amounts & sources (and of PRSI), and took several weeks to process. (As far as I know, it was the same as a review form requested by a member of the public, but I don't have my copy to hand with the form number).
    Though an online application will let you know the result immediately, the documentary proof copies still have to be sent by post (unless it's changed since then).

The medical card system still seems to have some ambiguities & conflicting guidelines (Maybe the Data Protection Act gets in the way of being joined-up).
    I find the Citizens Information website a better starting point re government agencies than some of their own websites (it gives clear overviews & links).

I've always found 'Change in circumstances' a bit ambiguous, apart from age thresholds etc (whose means & expenses are exactly the same from one year to the next? When is a change big enough for e.g. the HSE to bother with?). (But then badly designed forms are something of a hobby-horse in this house!).

If unsure of anything, it might save any unneccessary time & work to ring the HSE right at the start. There's a number here (paragraph re changed circumstances). It may be just for requesting a form, but maybe it can get through to a person.
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/schemes/mc/about/reviewsandappeals/

I once asked some questions via an email form on the HSE website; I got a helpful reply, but about 3 weeks later.

Advertisement