Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stripped threads on bleed screw on oil burner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

Lou1978 wrote: »
    What is a bsp insert??

when the port is bored a bsp insert is threaded back in its like a spring im not sure but i think its called a helicoil spelling maybe wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

DGOBS wrote: »
    PTFE...ERR.. noooooo.....replace, a leak is a lot more costly that a new pump!

And in future use the vacuum port for bleeding, not the pressure port.

I did state short term fix! Get him going over the bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lou1978

Really appreciate all this. Good to know I have options!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I honestly would advise the OP not to use PTFE and hope for a short term fix, we are talking about huge pressure here and if it pops there could be a substancial leak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

BSP is a type of screw thread (British Standard Pipe). When you get the pump sorted you should consider getting a Tiger loop fitted,no more bleeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

would agree as well billy but as shane said short term fix

the problem with short term fixes are bucket its working fine now and short term becomes years

Advertisement