Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Partridge Film

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

"The taxi driver then drove straight to a newsagent and packed her severed hand in Soleros, Magnums, Mini Milks and a Feast"

Everyone give a big han....applaude like mad, for Susan creswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've been trying to remember the exact quote from that scene that I love but I can't quite remember it. Something like:

"But Susan still had one good hand and she was damned if anyone was going to take that away from her. Not that anyone was suggesting that they would...."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

fryup wrote: »
    tbh with you i thought the scene when pat
    tries to commit suicide with the shotgun
    was in bad taste, could have done without that

The "
    No more hurt
    " scene following it was pretty funny though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

"That was the best full english breakfast I've had since Gary Wilmots wedding."

"That was the best full english breakfast I've had since Gary Wilmots wedding."

Beans - ten on ten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Saw this on a night flight back from the US. I'm hoping it was tiredness but I wasn't that impressed.

There were quotes I read here that I lol'd hard at like "Niel Diamond - new king of the jews" and "Cocaine Enthusiasts, Fleetwood Mac" that didn't have the effect I was expecting.

I've rewatched both seasons multiple times and never fail to burst myself laughing. Maybe a rewatch is needed.

5 on 10 until the rewatch.:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Finally caught up with this recently and it didn't disappoint. Where they take to the road with "The Voice" playing was just ten on ten.

One small thing is that I'd like to have seen more Michael, especially given his army background.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

"There must have been a few of them" from Sidekick Simon.

Laugh everytime I think of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

watch it the other night on the telly

....and on reflection it wasn't great was it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I still like it a lot. I must have watched it ten times at this point (I have it on my iPad and it is the perfect length for watching on a flight). To me it is like the Mid Morning Matters vs I'm Alan Partridge. It might not be the classic that the original sitcom was but in its own right it's very enjoyable with some amazing lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

"Get her away from me Lynn, she's a drunk racist. I'll tolerate one but not both."

That got a hearty laugh from me when I rewatched it on BBC 2 on Saturday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The first time I saw it, it was perfect. I still watch it every now and again, while I don't think the jokes stand up to repeated watching, it's still a great film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Grayditch wrote: »
    The first time I saw it, it was perfect. I still watch it every now and again, while I don't think the jokes stand up to repeated watching, it's still a great film.

:confused: i certainly wouldn't call it that

brought a wry smile to my face when i saw it in the cinema but i didn't laugh out once...and watching it the other night on the telly it fell completely flat, it just wasn't "Partridge" enough for me...not a patch on the TV series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think it was a new era of Partridge that didn't rely too much on the past. Brilliant stuff. Hope they do a second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This to me was the opposite of The Simpsons Movie. Another film that I saw opening day and enjoyed but really fell apart when I revisited it, this holds up pretty well compared to that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Due to some unusual circumstances I ended up watching this two nights in a row the other weekend, and enjoyed it both times. I love the awkward silence when he's flicking through the channels and the when he slaps the guy with his glove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Tony Hares turned this down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Amazing!

Ha ha brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Bahahaha. Just awesome!

Can't wait for Monkey Tennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alan Partridge Alpha Papa is on BBC 2 at 11.40pm tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Alan Partridge Alpha Papa is on BBC 2 at 11.40pm tonight
    Worth it if just for the brilliant opening scene..

"THERE'S NO FOG!!"

Advertisement