Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Trailer looks very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Trailer looks very poor

but "SiegeFace"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Trailer looks very poor

Looks a bit weak alright but I'll still go to see it. Michael is looking mad old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Trailer looks very poor

I genuinely think the trailer looks great. Shows too much plot which is standard now but I can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Looks okay,his voice sounds so different these days compared to I'm Alan Partridge.

Michael looks ancient,Lynn's looking well for a badger.

• Advertisement

So it's pretty much Airheads in Norfolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So it's pretty much Airheads in Norfolk.
    Yep, thought the exact same thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"It's soft rock and cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac"

I'm going to see it. I'm just glad they didn't send him on holiday somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    "It's soft rock and cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac"

Reading that, in the Alan voice that I know, I lol'd but for some reason it doesn't have the same impact in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought that line was very funny. The best comedy is merely when the truth is pointed out.

• Advertisement

Reading that, in the Alan voice that I know, I lol'd but for some reason it doesn't have the same impact in the trailer.

So.... you're saying I'm funnier than Steve Coogan?

Cheers dude.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The trailer didn't leave me rolling in the aisles, but I chuckled enough to think it could be a good 'un. Seemed like a trailer trying to set up its concept, rather than chucking all the best gags into a 2-minute window, which many a Hollywood trailer is guilty of.

And hey, as mentioned already, at least the film doesn't have Partridge going abroad on a flipping holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

It looks hotter than the sun

Won't mind sitting out this out until DVD tbh, but look forward to seeing it, which to be fair, is a mixed bag

Flatley my dear, I don't Riverdance - give a damn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

pixelburp wrote: »
    The trailer didn't leave me rolling in the aisles, but I chuckled enough to think it could be a good 'un. Seemed like a trailer trying to set up its concept, rather than chucking all the best gags into a 2-minute window, which many a Hollywood trailer is guilty of.

And hey, as mentioned already, at least the film doesn't have Partridge going abroad on a flipping holiday.

I don't think the Partridge humour is naturally suited to a bite-sized trailer. Anyone who doesn't know Partridge wouldn't appreciate the quotes in this thread, for example. They shouldn't be funny, let alone ruddy funny.

The right people are behind this. The right people are in this. It'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

longer trailer goes on funnier it got cant wait see it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Trailer looks very poor

looks weak, done in a hurry i think..as a TV special it would be more suited other than a cinema release
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm going to see it. I'm just glad they didn't send him on holiday somewhere.

nope, i would have liked a scenario of him coming on holiday to Ireland maybe Belfast and unwittingly wandering into a republican pub and saying offensive things about the irish and as a result has to go on the run in fear of his life:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

fryup wrote: »

nope, i would have liked a scenario of him coming on holiday to Ireland maybe Belfast and unwittingly wandering into a republican pub and saying offensive things about the irish and as a result has to go on the run in fear of his life:pac:

"Scum, sub-human scum."

Yeah.... that would definitely sustain for an entire feature film alright. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i would have liked a scenario of him coming on holiday to Ireland

"There's more ta Oireland...den dis"

I love the way any partridge thread thread turns into a quote fest. So many classics

Speaking of which. this FB page has me chuckling away

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Up-With-The-Partridge/528323423892960

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »

"good slogan for the tourist board"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just finished the autobiography and it's definitely the greatest I've ever read. Would have made an amazing movie if they could have done it.

The early years are piss-takingly funny.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed. I also love how his backstory is consistent with what he's said over the years.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just finished the autobiography and it's definitely the greatest I've ever read. Would have made an amazing movie if they could have done it.

agree very funny read,

oh bye the way did you do as Alan suggested and played the tunes that corresponded with each story:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

agree very funny read,

oh bye the way did you do as Alan suggested and played the tunes that corresponded with each story:D

Nope. Found it so entertaining I promised I'd read the book aloud to my girlfriend if she wouldn't read it. The setlist will come out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

ShagNastii wrote: »

The early years are piss-takingly funny.

The only thing better than the book of I,Partridge is the audiobook of I,Partridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I hope his fan/stalker is in this.

"You're a Mentalist !!!"

jaykhunter wrote: »

So. What's de big oidear

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Won tickets to the premiere on Thursday. Jurrasic Park!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

A friend of a friend has already seen it at the press screening about ten days ago. It's really, really good apparently.

Advertisement