Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show March 15th 2013

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

9 to 5, MrsD. Very cheery :D

Hanoi Jane was a good looking woman in her day..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Not to mention Dolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Not to mention Dolly.

Wouldn't Dolly be a fantastic guest on the LLS?

Sorry but it had to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Not good looking. Sensational looking. Of course, the clothes/hair/glasses in this role are designed to cover that up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Joe Brolly mentioned heroin and euphoria, think that morphine worked fairly well on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Not good looking. Sensational looking. Of course, the clothes/hair/glasses in this role are designed to cover that up.

Dustin Hoffman's character in Tootsie looks like it was modelled on Jane Fonda in this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

cofy wrote: »
    Sorry but it had to be done

So has this....... :o

MrsD007 wrote: »
    So has this....... :o

You just can't beat genuine talent. Sleep well, and nice dreams, hope to see you for the SNS.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭PrairieDawn

When Michael D read the letter from the Pope he was bursting with pride!and righltly so... But it was almost as if he had just gotten a friend request from Pope Francis on Facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    Anyone watching nine to five?! :pac:

I swear Dolly Parton is very unrated. Once you hear her (original) version of I Will Always Love You, whitney doesn't come near her.

Ps. Dolly wrote I will always love you as well! :cool:

While I love Dolly and her own version of I will always love you, I think Whitney owns that song and does a better version

However I was underwhelmed by Dolly when I saw her live in the point a few years back :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

And the token Paddy's Day Paddy-Whackery doesnt finish with the leprechaun and the diddly-i... Coming up next, the professional paddywhackery-ers

020410rbhigh-kings.jpg

There's worse out there Jonanon.

Anyone ever seen Celtic Thunder
    http://www.google.ie/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DD13Qv-gj-0s&sa=U&ei=dlFEUbCgDc24hAfXv4GIBw&ved=0CC8QtwIwAw&sig2=TcskoIQfNZPDA2Oa9t-cCw&usg=AFQjCNFgyggjituN8AlCXiSUMNM4AmMYsg

Be afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

While I love Dolly and her own version of I will always love you, I think Whitney owns that song and does a better version

However I was underwhelmed by Dolly when I saw her live in the point a few years back :-(

Apparently it was Kevin Costner's idea for Whitney to do a version of 'I Will Always Love You' for The Bodyguard. He is a fan of Country Music and he knew it would be ideal for Whitney. Only for Kevin's suggestion, Whitney would never have had her career-definining hit. Well done, Kevin !

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679201/whitney-houston-i-will-always-love-you.jhtml
    Like so many other iconic moments in pop culture, Houston's cover of "I Will Always Love You" wasn't even supposed to happen. She originally intended to cover Jimmy Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" as the lead single from "The Bodyguard" until she found out the song had been used just one year earlier in the 1991 film "Fried Green Tomatoes." Houston's "Bodyguard" co-star Kevin Costner attempted to remedy the situation by introducing the singer to Linda Ronstadt's 1975 version of "I Will Always Love You," and Houston loved the song. She decided to rearrange it as a soul ballad with producer David Foster, and a classic was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

jeez shes everywhere. enough please.
    She's like a bad bloody smell, all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I am a bit like that Wonderstuff album "Never Loved Elvis"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'd love it if Ryan went over to the Elvis record and started doing some DJ scratching with it

Advertisement