Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show March 15th 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The LLS stage hands had to prod everyone in the audience to wake them for that final round of applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I cant stand that man. He would love to see Ireland full to the brim with immigrants, at the expense of his own people
    If it means less of the likes of you, I welcome them with open arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tubs: "Thanks for sharing your story, Norah." In other words, thanks for coming on and reliving your husbands final few hours on his death bed on this Paddy's weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

monkey9 wrote: »
    "So Jackie, tell me about the moment the bullet entered your husband's head, blowing his brains out over your blouse??"

He's said before that "that (the assassination) sort of stuff doesnt interest me"... Better living through denail..

Very inappropriate to promote her show after that interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

It's over !sigh!! What a relief!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

cofy wrote: »
    Nora, you have lived through that, you have been through hell, but look at where you have gotton yourself to, the world is yours to conquer yet, as a good friend reminded me this week, if you start from today build your goals and work to them, you will gain infinately more than if you live in your past.

I'm not saying forget your past or do not talk about your past, but if you need to talk about your past use a friend that's what they are there for, I'm not sure discussing this on live television is such a good idea.

Again I would say that for issues that are so recent to people like Nora, maybe a dedicated recorded show would be more appropriate, as the person being interviewed would be more assured that they are getting the message they intended across.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Burying yourself in work is a good thing after a death, you need focus and normality to return as soon as possible, taking time off and thinking more and more about what's happened is exactly what you don't want.

It the suit fits wear it AD.......

I've had a couple of fittings........I wouldn't agree with you at all.

Every situation is different. It's not that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Harry, have you a movie for us? Can you make it cheery please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fr Ted and more 4

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

MrsD007 wrote: »

I keep asking you to watch Fight Club, and you never do. :(

Stick it on to tape on Channel 4+1, go on, go on, go on ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Terrible story and I console with her!

BUT

Is there not one episode of the Late Late that does not have a story with a sad and tragic ending! What's wrong with RTE.... Friday night "entertainment"?

Talk about slitting your wrists!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amdublin wrote: »
    I have requested this before and no one did it :(

Could one of the technical folk (I.e. JonAnon, mrsD or Skid etc) please upload a YouTube of Dickie Rock singing the lls song (to whom it concerns - 60's song) on 50th celebration lls with hawt conductor conducting.

Thank you kindly
    Amdub

Hellooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Father Ted on More 4 and Fight Club on C4; worth enduring the LL for.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,876 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Mad Max 2! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

First ever episode of IT Crown on E4 at 12:10am

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hellooooooooooo

I looked, it isn't on Youtube. Can't see it anywhere.

I asked RTE to repeat the LLS 50 show, but they said it was too upbeat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mallister

Im sorry for her loss but this isnt the first, second or third time shes been out on stage recounting how her husband got sick, how she was there for his passing and the rest. See Brendan O'Connor show last year, Meaning of Life, numerous interviews on newstalk before she came in as anchor/text reader on the morning show. Its a bit unedifying at this stage to be going through this so publicly. And then Tubs gets the plug in for the upcoming show at the end there as well so all boxes ticked.

Im just fed up hearing her voice I guess. Sorry Nora, Im out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

cofy wrote: »
    Again I would say that for issues that are so recent to people like Nora, maybe a dedicated recorded show would be more appropriate, as the person being interviewed would be more assured that they are getting the message they intended across.
    Gay interviewed Norah Casey a few months back for his "The Meaning of Life" series, it was an excellent interview. Norah spoke about Richard's illness and his death and Gay allowed her to speak freely and he handled the entire interview with great sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

neaideabh wrote: »
    Is there not one episode of the Late Late that does not have a story with a sad and tragic ending! What's wrong with RTE.... Friday night "entertainment"?

Talk about slitting your wrists!

I actually thought tonights show was going to be different with decent paddys theme to it. Til the 20 pats and the 'game' ruined that buzz.

I also thought someone said Bono was going to be on. Im gull-liable. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

its amazing the ****e you would watch to delay the washing up for a couple of hours... I mean i still had to do it like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Dickie fecking Rock........

From the sublime to the ridiculous, as my Dad would have said.........

***spit on me Dickie***.....

and as I say.........

"Good night all, Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you"

I shall be in the heart of Croagh Patrick's bosom tomorrow night............

Happy Days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,876 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

In case I don't speak to any of you tomorrow, I wish you all a Happy St. Patrick's weekend.

COME ON WALES!

Nos da!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

darlett wrote: »
    I actually thought tonights show was going to be different with decent paddys theme to it. Til the 20 pats and the 'game' ruined that buzz.

I also thought someone said Bono was going to be on. Im gull-liable. :o

Michael D was the shows saviour!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Skid X wrote: »
    I looked, it isn't on Youtube. Can't see it anywhere.

I asked RTE to repeat the LLS 50 show, but they said it was too upbeat :(

:(

I needs someone to upload it from the realplayer up to youtooob :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

NEWSFLASH TO ALL PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE LATE LATE SHOW.

Your show goes out on the start of peoples weekend - this is a time that people look forward to, a chance to be with family and sometimes friends (with the way budgets are hitting this does not happen often). This is the one time that people want to put aside their losses and woes. The Late Late Show used to be a show gave people something to talk about other than their problems.

BRING BACK CHAIRGATE PLEASE.

Anyone watching nine to five?! :pac:

I swear Dolly Parton is very unrated. Once you hear her (original) version of I Will Always Love You, whitney doesn't come near her.

Ps. Dolly wrote I will always love you as well! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

mallister wrote: »
    Im sorry for her loss but this isnt the first, second or third time shes been out on stage recounting how her husband got sick, how she was there for his passing and the rest. See Brendan O'Connor show last year, Meaning of Life, numerous interviews on newstalk before she came in as anchor/text reader on the morning show. Its a bit unedifying at this stage to be going through this so publicly. And then Tubs gets the plug in for the upcoming show at the end there as well so all boxes ticked.

Im just fed up hearing her voice I guess. Sorry Nora, Im out.

Even with her story, Nora tends to come across as a bit of a blowhole and loves herself a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Melion wrote: »
    Honestly though, who is she?

not a 100% sure as i only caught the tail end of the interview(i wish) but i think shes bishop eammon caseys lack....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hellooooooooooo

Mrs D or Skid... Did you hear something .. :D

Best I can do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

9 to 5, MrsD. Very cheery :D

Advertisement