Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glanbia shares

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭zimmermania

€14.41 today,when is it going to stop.

Yea that is the great imponderable,14.98 today and still solid.I met a high ranking Glanbia exec recently at a social event and while I could not look for info on the share price I told him the story of my friend who sold his shares for around €2.90 and we had a laugh about it.As we parted I said "he should have held on to them and he would be a happy man now".He sure would he replied and "nothing but good news coming down the line"
    Make what you like of it,its a true story which suggests to me the sp will continue to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Glanbia having a share spin out for co-op members, 10 million plc shares to be issued to the co-op shareholders.

I missed this news so was a really nice surprise when I got the letter today of what i should receive. There will be a vote in May, last time some idiots were gainst it, but the vast majority voted for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 dinny_byrne

bought some shares in kerry for 65 euro a few weeks ago as their PE is 50% lower than that of glanbia , back a few euro but think it should be over seventy by year end , glanbia,s rise has been nothing short of astonishing this past five years , to think it was such a low risk investment , those who bought bank of ireland @ below 8 cents have seen a similar return but bank of ireland was a genuine risk for nationalisation for quite a while , no such risk existed with glanbia

bought some shares in kerry for 65 euro a few weeks ago as their PE is 50% lower than that of glanbia , back a few euro but think it should be over seventy by year end , glanbia,s rise has been nothing short of astonishing this past five years , to think it was such a low risk investment , those who bought bank of ireland @ below 8 cents have seen a similar return but bank of ireland was a genuine risk for nationalisation for quite a while , no such risk existed with glanbia

I hope they kick on for you as the Glanbia phenomina continues,17.74 today perhaps they will hit 20 before the year is out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 lost_boy

I hope they kick on for you as the Glanbia phenomina continues,17.74 today perhaps they will hit 20 before the year is out.

truly astonishing returns , i owned it from four euro to eight and from 9.50 to 11.50 , seems an age ago

• Advertisement

€18.22 today,are we really headed for €20 before year-end?
    I still have mine.

€19.40 today half year results out in august,it seems like more good news on the way and they may hit €20 before very long more,astonishing and best part is still have my 5,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I bought 5000 at €1.18 in 20001,i still have them and now they are €11.40.How long can they go on rising?

Well done Zimmer, that is a tidy return!

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Well done Zimmer, that is a tidy return!
    Thanks,but I have not made any money on Glanbia yet.
    I believe there is a bit more in them yet and because the company is spread far and wide and continues to exploit the demand for "health" foods it is less likely to suffer any sort of news that would seriously depress the share price I think I will stay in for the time being.
    Half year figures in a couple of weeks will tell us a lot and they still pay us a reasonable dividend,which is rare nowdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Good to see SP continue to make progress but with a divi yield of < 0.6% and a PE of 40, it does seem to be all about growth in the SP?

This is one that I missed :( Methinks too late now?

• Advertisement

Paddy Power is the one I missed and as a punter I should have seen the SP could only go one way.
    But you can't win them all and as I only lost €6000 on BOI I count myself lucky.

Big boost to Glanbia share price today up more than 6% on strong results as the company continues to expand,the dividend is very good also and that is not to bee sneezed at.

Advertisement