Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heil Hitler!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

*Fixes glasses*

(In a strong Professor Frink accent)

Excuse me, mm-haiai, the thread was Godwind before it even started, mm-hey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

this really needs some Mitchell and Webb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Clareman wrote: »

Hitler killed Hitler so he wasn't all bad
    Hitler was a good leader in a away . He brought his country out of unemployment and made the state very prosperous . He helped develop important german infrastructure such as the auto Bahn anne frankly He wasn't all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

If the Nazis had came threw world war two on top they would of spread threw out Europe and threw out the world. Things like that would with more influence and power and wealth would never just die off the whole world would be different right now.

Whos probley the first person most people think of when it comes to war ? The first person on most hated list? First person you think of who had plans to change life and the world as we know it and pretty much create his own race and to put it into practice on such a grand scale that he did..... That says it all really.

North Korea and there leaders are just crazed men looking for more power threw out the world then there actually able for they just bully the people in there own country theres not much they could do outside of that country.

You should get to like these lads:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Maire2009 wrote: »

You should get to like these lads:
    Lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Hitler was a good leader in a away . He brought his country out of unemployment and made the state very prosperous . He helped develop important german infrastructure such as the auto Bahn anne frankly He wasn't all bad.

800 years of the British occupation wasn't all bad. Sure, we had religious persecution, land and property confiscated, genocide, starvation and imprisonment... but hey, they gave us the English language and transport and some nice buildings, right?

JHC on a bike :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

He also killed the guy who killed Hitler though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

What a bastard. I hope the murdering git got what he deserved. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

angerfist2009 banned.

LOL.

SBannedau ballet for him so.

Heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

That's the sixth! time this has been said today on boards. :)

In fairness AngryFists was making some weird statements about the whole Nazi thing, he was being a bit cryptic; but it's a sad fact that a lot of people think like this; it was mentioned on another thread about this particular subject that the best way to deal with such opinions is to allow them enough rope to hang themselves; it's the only way to get unthinking sheep who fall under the attractive influence of neo-nazi ideology to actually question themselves, which is really what they need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

old hippy wrote: »
    800 years of the British occupation wasn't all bad. Sure, we had religious persecution, land and property confiscated, genocide, starvation and imprisonment... but hey, they gave us the English language and transport and some nice buildings, right?

JHC on a bike :rolleyes:

I think Eoghan here was being humourous, he's a gas man eoghan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

If I walked in an Irish street on a typical day, the sun is shinning,people are going their own ways,minding their own business and you can hear the nature calling BUT Suddenly I shout out ''I'm Bertie Cowan''
    What would happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

markesmith wrote: »
    If I walked in an Irish street on a typical day, the sun is shinning,people are going their own ways,minding their own business and you can hear the nature calling BUT Suddenly I shout out ''I'm Bertie Cowan''
    What would happen??

Nothing, people would look at ya funny, but as it's been pointed out already, it's illegal to support Hitler in Germany so it's not exactly the same.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

markesmith wrote: »
    What would happen??
    Death by a thousand papercuts from all the brown envelopes chucked at you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    I think Eoghan here was being humourous, he's a gas man eoghan!

As a smug bleeding heart pink wristed liberal guardianista, my sense of humour oft is at odds with Hitleresque hilarity but I shall take your word for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

My old man was a real live Nazi. I decided(unadvisedly) that it would be a good idea to re-visit his birthplace and look up the relatives. The reception was, err, less than warm. I don't imagine giving a quick salute would go down too well. Wandering in as a tourist in jeans and a t-shirt with an open mind but dodgy ancestory brought out the pitchfork brigade rapidly enough.

Giving the salute would drive them nuts altogether. The oddest part was he was utterly unreformed and thought nothing of regaling a packed pub here with stories of the Nazi era(in his own good-spin version) and singing war era marching songs(yep, he was a dream:o). Funny thing was, people were fascinated and he never(that I saw)got any grief whatsoever for his views. Apart from off me. The usual reaction was either fascination or deep discussion. Bored me sh1tless tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    SBannedau ballet for him so.

Heh.

Nope. He was just directed to the autoban....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

This thread is getting out of Mein Kampfort zone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Bambi wrote: »
    Damn I really want icecream now :(

Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yes, but he also killed the man that killed Hitler so kinda evens out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Heili heili hi...

and a holy holy ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭heartseeker

But did they not save us all from the dark lord Hitler ....surely your not suggesting the English were as bad as him...tell me its not true??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

yes, but he also killed the man that killed Hitler so kinda evens out

7!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I blame oul adolf for the current economic crisis,
    If he hasn't invaded Poland,then the Russians wouldn't have invaded either meaning Poland would be happy place to live meaning been able to order coffee here without needing a polish translator with you ,
    If he hadnt invaded france ,we wouldn't have the proxy troika because the franco german alliance would never work out and the german economy would probably be crap,we wouldn't have the euro either ,every thing was better before the euro,and nobody wanted a mortgage because council and corporation houses were easy to get ,
    Captain birdseye was a Fisherman not a horse jockey,

So yeah Adolf you've a lot to answer for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Well this escalated pretty quickly!

OP you would be like Bruce Willis in Die Hard two when he walked through Harlem with a placard! Take a video and share it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

they might think you had a cold and that you were playing the game yahtzee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

Man who did try to kill Hitler died last week, aged 90.

"During his convalescence, he was approached in January 1944 by Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, another officer from an aristocratic family, and presented with a plan to kill Hitler. Von Kleist had been chosen as the officer to model a new uniform for Hitler, and Von Stauffenberg proposed that he wear a suicide vest underneath, and detonate it when he stood next to the dictator.

Years later, Von Kleist remembered explaining the suicide plot to his father, who paused only briefly before telling his 22-year-old son: "Yes, you have to do this."

"Fathers love their sons and mine certainly did, and I had been quite sure he would say no," Von Kleist recalled. "But, as always, I had underestimated him."

The suicide attack plan never came to fruition."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

This reminds me of a story my Dad told me.

He used to work for a German company and would go to Dusseldorf
    on business a lot, one of his colleagues was called "Kyle"

One day they were having lunch in the canteen (packed) and another colleague was looking frantically for Kyle, not to be found he arrived in the canteen and just shouted "Did anyone see Kyle"?

My Dad said you could hear a pin drop as people looked at his colleague in horror.

Sounds too good to be true , sounds like such a myth, but my Dad is no spoofer ...

Advertisement