Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heil Hitler!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Amazing the amount of interest in Hitler on Internet Forums

Not just on Internet forums. I read a stat that having a picture of Hitler on the cover on a book roughly triples the expected sales. He's a very fascinating figure and he was alive within living memory, of course there's gonna be a lot of interest in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Amazing the amount of interest in Hitler on Internet Forums

Why??? He's probably the most infamous person to have ever lived

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Madam_X wrote: »
    Oh right. Your first post just looked smug and trollish - "Hey everyone, look at me - I'm bad-ass and feel really great about people being positive re the nazis." Really though, considering the mass murder and suffering they were responsible for, it looks dickish - even if they did stuff you agreed with; presumably en masse extermination of gypsies and the criminalisation of homosexuality, going by other stuff you've posted.

Admire Hitler? Well if you admire someone who orchestrated a campaign of torturing millions of children and disabled and elderly and sick... your choice. Weird, to say the least, but your choice

Your getting there to a degree.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Cool uniforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

I admire Adolf Hitler the man went from being pretty much a no body to being lets face it the most influential man in history.

He has this aura about him that shows great power and control and if there were leaders like him today people would listen.

The world would be a very different place now if that kinda power and control was still alive.

And certain groups of people and kinds of people wouldnt have the control over the world and be as free and open as they are now.

I have to pick and choose my words here because i know if i filled in the gaps here there be a ****e storm of an epic degree......

Stopped reading after the second word. He's a lot of things but not someone I would ever say I admire.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Cool uniforms?

No some of the stuff she said nail on the head to a degree.

And ya if i had one of those id wear it. Even there uniforms gave off this image of power and pressense.

Stopped reading after the second word. He's a lot of things but not someone I would ever say I admire.

Each to there own :)

I admire Adolf Hitler the man went from being pretty much a no body to being lets face it the most influential man in history.

Hitler wasn't the most influential man in history. He wasn't even the most influential man in European history. Far from it.
    He has this aura about him that shows great power and control and if there were leaders like him today people would listen.

If somebody has great power and control it doesn't matter if people listen or not. If he is has to listen to other people he isn't in control and doesn't have complete power. You can't have a democratic dictator.
    The world would be a very different place now if that kinda power and control was still alive.

The kind of power and control you are talking about is still alive today in many places, North Korea being a very good example.
    And certain groups of people and kinds of people wouldnt have the control over the world and be as free and open as they are now.

I'm gonna guess that while you might be talking about the gypsies, homosexuals, homeless, deaf, mentally retarded, orphysically disabled, that you aren't. You're talking about the Jews, aren't you?
    I have to pick and choose my words here because i know if i filled in the gaps here there be a ****e storm of an epic degree......

Yeah, anti-semitism will do that alright, weird ain't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Hittle Schmidtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Hitler wasn't the most influential man in history. He wasn't even the most influential man in European history. Far from it.

If somebody has great power and control it doesn't matter if people listen or not. If he is has to listen to other people he isn't in control and doesn't have complete power. You can't have a democratic dictator.

The kind of power and control you are talking about is still alive today in many places, North Korea being a very good example.

I'm gonna guess that while you might be talking about the gypsies, homosexuals, homeless, deaf, mentally retarded, orphysically disabled, that you aren't. You're talking about the Jews, aren't you?

Yeah, anti-semitism will do that alright, weird ain't it?

If the Nazis had came threw world war two on top they would of spread threw out Europe and threw out the world. Things like that would with more influence and power and wealth would never just die off the whole world would be different right now.

Whos probley the first person most people think of when it comes to war ? The first person on most hated list? First person you think of who had plans to change life and the world as we know it and pretty much create his own race and to put it into practice on such a grand scale that he did..... That says it all really.

North Korea and there leaders are just crazed men looking for more power threw out the world then there actually able for they just bully the people in there own country theres not much they could do outside of that country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

OT, but that is an interesting opener.

I nominate Charlemagne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

You could say you're reminding people of past atrocities, in your quest for the greater good? but they'll need a character reference

And in response to this

''I'm gonna guess that while you might be talking about the gypsies, homosexuals, homeless, deaf, mentally retarded, orphysically disabled, that you aren't. You're talking about the Jews, aren't you?''

Some of those yes to a degree some not so much.

Lets just say alot of what the Nazis planned to rid the world of i would of supported some of it not so.

I dont agree with everything he or they did or planned. But the planning and science behind the Nazis is amazing like nothing else ever seen over the world.

There easyly one of if not the most interesting groups in history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yeh you do pop up on every thread about homosexuality to say you're not homophobic but...

Seriously, would you not even just stop to think about the atrocities committed with his approval? Scores of people being starved, beaten, tortured, overworked, humiliated and murdered, no matter how vulnerable? Just even have a hint of empathy?

If the Nazis had came threw world war two on top they would of spread threw out Europe and threw out the world. Things like that would with more influence and power and wealth would never just die off the whole world would be different right now.

What makes you say that? At it's largest the Nazi empire isn't even in the top five of the largest empires in the history of Europe (let's not even bother with the rest of the world), and none of those exist now either. The first two Germanic Reichs that Hitler modelled the Third Reich on had nowhere near the level of international animosity raised against them that Hitler did and they both collapsed.
    Whos probley the first person most people think of when it comes to war ? The first person on most hated list? First person you think of who had plans to change life and the world as we know it and pretty much create his own race and to put it into practice on such a grand scale that he did..... That says it all really.

That he was efficient and had a good propeganda machine? Charles Manson is generally regarded to be the most evil man in America, and has been compared to Hitler many times. His empire was a ranch in Death Valley, populated by drugged up hippies, that killed 7 people. In terms of evil, charisma, indocterination and cultural influence they are held on roughly the same level. The only real difference is numbers, and Hitler is nowhere near the top level when it comes to industrialised murder.
    North Korea and there leaders are just crazed men looking for more power threw out the world then there actually able for they just bully the people in there own country theres not much they could do outside of that country.

And there wasn't much Hitler could do when he over-stepped the boundries of old Germanic countries. In terms of state indoctrination, control and power North Korea has surpassed Hitler completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Straight Outta Ganton

I don't like bullies and Hitler was the ultimate bully, along with all of his Nazis. Shaving the heads of women in public is another appalling thing I learned about recently. The Nazis did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I don't like bullies and Hitler was the ultimate bully, along with all of his Nazis. Shaving the heads of women in public is another appalling thing I learned about recently. The Nazis did that.

I think it's a bit of an understatement to say he was a bully, ultimate or not.

And lots of people shave the heads of people in public after a war, amongst other things; it is a form of ritual humiliation and necessary revenge. It wasn't just the Nazis.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yeh you do pop up on every thread about homosexuality to say you're not homophobic but...

Seriously, would you not even just stop to think about the atrocities committed with his approval? Scores of people being starved, beaten, tortured, overworked, humiliated and murdered, no matter how vulnerable? Just even have a hint of empathy?

I get on quite well with gay men have always found them any experiences i had with them to be great fun and nice to be around so ive no issue with them.

The rest of them in that group cant stand in everyway infact hate.

You have to remember something else about me i once said on here that u might not of picked up on. I dont have any compassion for most people my family my friends and certain people around there circle are only people i 100 percent give a toss about.

Id go as far as saying i love dogs i love animals id have more time for a dog infact id cry and feel awful hurt seeing a dog abused. Someone else from your little list ehhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

that is a near-universal punishment for women who are seen as collaborators with an enemy. Happened a lot after the Nazis were defeated too. And in Civil War Ireland - happened to a great-aunt of mine, though we never found out why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

No one would believe you because everyone knows she walks the corgi's on Sunday.

Ah, she says she's walking them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

"I would like to spend an evening with Nicholas Parsons because...never, ever, ever, bloody anything ever"?
    Silly boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of all the times i sat in mass thinking "if i stood up and shouted 'down with this sorta thing' wtf would peeps do..

Surely, surely.... someone would stand up and reply "careful now".....:cool:

What makes you say that? At it's largest the Nazi empire isn't even in the top five of the largest empires in the history of Europe (let's not even bother with the rest of the world), and none of those exist now either. The first two Germanic Reichs that Hitler modelled the Third Reich on had nowhere near the level of international animosity raised against them that Hitler did and they both collapsed.

That he was efficient and had a good propeganda machine? Charles Manson is generally regarded to be the most evil man in America, and has been compared to Hitler many times. His empire was a ranch in Death Valley, populated by drugged up hippies, that killed 7 people. In terms of evil, charisma, indocterination and cultural influence they are held on roughly the same level. The only real difference is numbers, and Hitler is nowhere near the top level when it comes to industrialised murder.

And there wasn't much Hitler could do when he over-stepped the boundries of old Germanic countries. In terms of state indoctrination, control and power North Korea has surpassed Hitler completely.

Im basing alot of what im saying on what could of happened if Germany had won world war two.

I honestly think if they had of came threw that on top the influences would of spread around the world to what degree its impossible to say but i still think they could of changed so much about world we live in now.

I wouldnt compared North Korea to Nazi Germany there two different ships altogether i see North Korea as deluded and so high off the smell of there own ****. If the Nazis where still around today having came threw the war and all this time behind them they would be a force to a degree people would have to listen to them. Look at the impact they had on europe back then with very little global backing.

You forget the fact that the longer these groups last the more people you will find support them.

I imagine there are millions of people who support them but are afraid to say it because of the bull**** responses u get when u say the H word or the N word.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hitlers are like taxis, impossible to heil on a german street

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

someone would say 'you want hundreds and thousands on das, ya?

Damn I really want icecream now :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

And in response to this

''I'm gonna guess that while you might be talking about the gypsies, homosexuals, homeless, deaf, mentally retarded, orphysically disabled, that you aren't. You're talking about the Jews, aren't you?''

Some of those yes to a degree some not so much.

Lets just say alot of what the Nazis planned to rid the world of i would of supported some of it not so.

I dont agree with everything he or they did or planned. But the planning and science behind the Nazis is amazing like nothing else ever seen over the world.

There easyly one of if not the most interesting groups in history.

No face palm big enough for this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

angerfist2009 banned.

LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Not just on Internet forums. I read a stat that having a picture of Hitler on the cover on a book roughly triples the expected sales. He's a very fascinating figure and he was alive within living memory, of course there's gonna be a lot of interest in him.
    I'm glad JK Rowling didn't know that, we'd never have heard the end of Harry P if Hitler was he who should not be named.......:hang on!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Because if the Nazi party was still around id support it to a degree. Its something id have to go into massive detail and go way off the beaten track with here but id support alot of there ideas and how they went about things.

I await your manifesto with baited breath.

Advertisement