Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short hair vs Long hair

Options
  • 12-03-2013 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

How you wear yours? Lately growing my hair out again but half tempted to go for a shorter look but not sure. Which you think looks best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I had it long, down to my shoulders, shaved it off for charity, prefer it short now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Long. The more of my face covered the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Had it really long got sick of it but didn't cut it for years after that now its short and I'm growing it long again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I think long hair looks absolutely grotty on most men, there are so few exceptions tbh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd say it's short, but that's only because I've had it long before and to call it long now would be a massive understatement. Trying to find some kind of medium. I find short to be dull and boring. I want to be able to run my hands through hair when I push'em up along the top of my head like. But don't want to be pulling knots out of it either! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

growing mine out a bit. Most Irish guys seem to look like they are Gardai or in the marines....

The Jonathon Sexton / Ronan O Gara look seems to be the rage...

No hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Short. I always have had my hair short, apart from a brief period when I was 18 and I flirted with a mullet (don't ask; and unfortunately photos exist).

It's much lower maintenance and easier to wash and style when it's short. Also, my hair is pretty fine and doesn't have much body, so it doesn't go long as much as it goes lank and horrible looking.

I have a standing order appointment with my barber every 4 weeks. Short blade on the back and sides, tight on top with scissors. Nice, simple and short.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

:i love long hair on men my fiances is longer than mine and beards too love them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

rock chic wrote: »
    ...my fiances is longer than mine and beards too...

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Slaphead and have been for yares and yares. Big thick wild curls in my teens. Needed a hedge clipper to tame them. Nobody knew I wouldn't be long out of my teens by the time it let go... Never curse your hair, folks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

DazMarz wrote: »
    It's much lower maintenance and easier to wash and style when it's short. Also, my hair is pretty fine and doesn't have much body, so it doesn't go long as much as it goes lank and horrible looking.

Same for me. Also mine is naturally very greasy, so I find it very irritating even when my regular short back & sides is overdue...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you have the patience for long hair, it's pretty damn awesome
    all I do these days is periodically shave my head, i dont like thinking about hair. when I had it long, I washed it, brushed it.. ponytail it up and boom.. done for the day

short hair involves all sort of poncing around with gels and combs and.. all sorts of horrible nonsense unless you just shave it regularly.

I miss my long hair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

When I say long hair, I don't mean like a hippy. I mean Liam Payne, Zac Efron, Justin Bieber style long hair(Just examples of 'styled' long hair

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

EdenHazard wrote: »
    When I say long hair, I don't mean like a hippy. I mean Liam Payne, Zac Efron, Justin Bieber style long hair(Just examples of 'styled' long hair

You're giving styled long hair a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You are not Zac Efron, you are not Justin Bieber, as much as you wish you were.I dont even know what a Liam Payne is but I presume he is of the same ilk as the other pampered prima donnas.

How about trying to come up with your own hair cut instead of copying plastic pop idols when trying to change your image.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not so sure if you're seeing the same pictures I am.

Exhibit A - Zac Efron (Linked as pic is huge)

Sorry to bust your bubble, but that's not long hair, that's having hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

2 on the sides, scissors on top!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gillette Fusion all over twice a week

Necronos wrote: »
    You are not Zac Efron, you are not Justin Bieber, as much as you wish you were.I dont even know what a Liam Payne is but I presume he is of the same ilk as the other pampered prima donnas.

How about trying to come up with your own hair cut instead of copying plastic pop idols when trying to change your image.

u sure about that brah. hairstylist I go to says im wise to use his styles
    brb same face shape
    brb same features
    brb smile aesthetics

d3aa608087da11e2b6fe22000a9f12db_7.jpg

• Advertisement

Which you think looks best?

Surely thats completely dependent on a persons face shape, hair colour/texture and all that?

The only thing that looks universally rank is very long greasy hair, on male or female, but long hair can look very good on the right person. As can no hair.

Everybody's different OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just go short on one side and long on the other. Best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Had long hair for a while though it was curly so didn't look as long as it was, still down to my shoulders.

Now it's more of a mop than long. There are times that I preferred it long but overall it's easier having it at a medium length.

Also your some clown btw. It was my thread, so my rules. I asked what hair works best, long or short hair, with the pretense that long hair was in the Efron styled long hair, not Anthony Kiedis 2001 long hair. The only reason I mentioned them was that I thought people might think I was talking about very long hair.

Just because I'm not them doesn't mean i can't use them for inspiration. Whatever about Bieber, the other 2 both had fairly generic dfifferent long hair styles. As the above picture shows, its not like I look totally different to the person I mentioned hence using him for comparison. Its what young people do. Sorry that doesn't fit into your view of the world. Haters, they gonna hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Also your some clown btw. It was my thread, so my rules. I asked what hair works best, long or short hair, with the pretense that long hair was in the Efron styled long hair, not Anthony Kiedis 2001 long hair. The only reason I mentioned them was that I thought people might think I was talking about very long hair.

Just because I'm not them doesn't mean i can't use them for inspiration. Whatever about Bieber, the other 2 both had fairly generic dfifferent long hair styles. As the above picture shows, its not like I look totally different to the person I mentioned hence using him for comparison. Its what young people do. Sorry that doesn't fit into your view of the world. Haters, they gonna hate.

Ah here sunshine, you have prattled on about Beiber et al as some sort of icon/idol for you since you registered for Boards and you expect people not to take the piss a bit?

If you want to find like minded people that also worship at the altar of Beibs perhaps try Clearasil & Hormones,lots of "young people" there.

Also, I should really take the piss out of you for using the term "haters, they gonna hate" too, put I will resist.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

I guess this thread gives new meaning to #CutForBieber..

Ah here sunshine, you have prattled on about Beiber et al as some sort of icon/idol for you since you registered for Boards and you expect people not to take the piss a bit?

If you want to find like minded people that also worship at the altar of Beibs perhaps try Clearasil & Hormones,lots of "young people" there.

Also, I should really take the piss out of you for using the term "haters, they gonna hate" too, put I will resist.

;)

Hey, you don't know my story, you just know my swag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

#Swaghetti #Yolognese

50360dff1d41c876970001df.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Speak English, dammit! :mad:

• Advertisement

That was clearly in jest.

Advertisement