Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So one day a while back...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Was quad-biking once with three yanks in a large group. As it was my first time it took a while to get used to it, so two of the yanks had a great time in front of me spraying up dirt and muck onto my visor.All harmless stuff and a bit of craic.

Until the lad in front of me who was looking over his shoulder to be sure I was getting a faceful of muck crashed headlong into a tree. I can still see him flying out over the handlebars and crack his head straight into the tree-trunk.It was one of those slow-motion clips you get before an accident.
    I was still laughing while they loaded him onto a stretcher half an hour later,to the scornful looks of what transpired to be his brother and father.
    Funny then,not so much now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Years ago I saw a child with his head, or rather neck, caught between some railings. There was a crowd of people standing around looking worried. Some people were trying to get him out and he was in tears.

The child was in distress but I thought it was hilarious. It was like something you would see in a cartoon. It was also hilarious to think about how he could possibly have gotten stuck there in the first place.

My nephew, who is in his twenties now but was about twelve at the time, was with me and he was in stitches laughing. I told him to stop before someone saw us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Saw a goth walking in town one day with his hands in his jacket pockets. Anyway his misjudged the height of the heels on his boots while stepping up onto a kerb and down he went but didn't get his hands out in time.

I shouldn't have laughed but couldn't help a chuckle or two.

Advertisement