Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So one day a while back...

Options
  • 12-03-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I was crossing the street on a hill and on the other side of the road, there was a small young woman carrying four two litre bottles of coke, stacked crossways between her arms. As I'm crossing, I see the woman, stumble on a crack in the path and drop the bottles, which then start rolling down the hill. She started trying to catch them but as they were moving faster than she could, they reached the bottom of the hill and went out into the middle of another road. A car then came along at speed, and drove over two of the bottles, exploding them all over the road while the other two were fizzed to the max. All the time this was going on, I was walking at my own pace, completely unable to hide my amusement, laughing like mad at her misfortune as she looked so disappointed and as a friend of hers, who had just arrived, tried to help her. The pair even saw that I was laughing at them and gave dirty looks but I still thought it was hilarious even though I'd never normally laugh at something like that. Has anyone else got any good stories about things you found funny but really shouldn't have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Was she hot? I'll buy her more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seen a Indian lad running for a bus and run straight into lamppost
    Was funny as fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

This plot for Final Destination 6 is pretty weak in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Would you not of just tried to help?

Thread was done a few weeks ago by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What actually happened then OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    Has anyone else got any good stories about things you found funny but really shouldn't have?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

With a username like "To_Arthur!" OP, you are a righteous prat after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Saw a lad getting off the bus on Nassau Street trip over himself when he was copping a look at two girls shifting each other at the bus stop. I'm surprised I even noticed the lad falling to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Saw this lad fall over on the ice, it was so funny I sent it to RTE News.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Was funny as fcuk

Now that's funny!! One time we were playing football in the park and the keeper kicked a long ball and one of the lads was looking up in the air at the ball and bang straight into a tree!! Funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Some trees in the park have a steel protective chicken wire thing around them and the markings of it was inprinted from his forehead down his face and on to his chest. We all sat down crying with laughter for about an hour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was in HMV a few years ago, in the book section, where a small woman was stretching to get a book from the top shelf. She edged closer with the tips of her fingers and slowly moved the book up and out from behind the other books. Next thing her hand slipped, she fell forward and knocked another book, which knocked another book, and another, and the domino effect continued until about 60 books were on the floor. I should have helped her. I should have picked them up with her.

Instead I laughed uncontrollably and had to leave the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I was driving down the M50 the other week and these two blind fellas walked out into the traffic.

They were both killed instantly, sure t'was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Saw a guy carrying two big boxes of crisps from a van into a pub. Tripped on the footpath and completely crushed both boxes by falling on them. Started laughing, even though I was on a bus and no one else seemed to know why I was laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Was funny as fcuk

Was it funnier because he was Indian? I bet a Chinese lad doing it would be hysterical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

A guy running to cross the street completely missed the railing on his side of the street and just ran in straight into it. Just flipped over it.

A few weeks ago, there was a guy on a bike freewheeling down a steep path. It has these sets of barriers designed to make people get off bikes or at least slow down - too close together to zig-zag through them. Anyhow he just avoided disaster on the first set, didn't learn his lesson, and crashed straight into the second set. Bent his front wheel back so it couldn't be steered any more because it was caught behind the bar going to the pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Now that's funny!! One time we were playing football in the park and the keeper kicked a long ball and one of the lads was looking up in the air at the ball and bang straight into a tree!! Funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah similar episode only we were playing ball in a carpark in work, we had this not so bright chap work with us and so he wasn't excluded, we used to stick him off to the side and tell him he had to cross the ball when it went out near him, so the ball heads out his way and he runs at it, in Steel capped boots and takes a swipe at it, but as he does he catches the toe of his boot in the Shore (drain cover) resulting in a very loud dong I can only relate to Big Ben in London, I nearly swallowed my tongue laughing as he hopped around the place on one leg clutching his Ringing Boot

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

MadsL wrote: »

Was it funnier because he was Indian? I bet a Chinese lad doing it would be hysterical :rolleyes:

At least a Chinese lad would've taken it on the chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

There is a chair... the chair walk with, eh, shoes - ♫ la-le la-le la ♫ - he walk down the street. Ha ha! The chair is walking ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I once saw four bullys chasing after a teenager in a vintage convertible.

The teenager fashioned together what can only be described as a primitive hoverboard, one that used those rather quaint wheels rather than a modern magnetic field.

Using quick thinking and athletic ability he managed to trick the bullys into crashing into a manure truck.

Klein I believe his name was, Calvin Klein.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

There was this lad in a wheelchair trying to get into a downstairs nightclub......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Give it a fucking rest. Absolutely no one is interested in how outraged you are that there are different races on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Such PC shi*e.

Was it funnier because he was a lad? If it was a woman would it have been hysterical?

You were so intent on expressing your PC race outrage you missed the opportunity to be a PC sexism crusader too.

For shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

EDIT:beaten to it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Saw this lad fall over on the ice, it was so funny I sent it to RTE News.

See you should have said person here. Not lad.

Sexist. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Penn wrote: »
    Saw a guy carrying two big boxes of crisps from a van into a pub. Tripped on the footpath and completely crushed both boxes by falling on them. Started laughing, even though I was on a bus and no one else seemed to know why I was laughing.

That's a whole other thread.

It's a horrible feeling when you remember/read/listen to something funny and cannot control your laughter, and know you look like, and everyone else thinks you are, one of the weirdo's who frequent Dublin Bus

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭keithb93

I once saw a woman cycle towards a curb at about 3mph thinking she would get over it. Instead the bike stops at the curb and she flies over the handle bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

While working in London I saw a typical Brixton yoof (complete with the arse of his trousers around his knees) trying to run up two flights of stairs to catch a train...

He failed miserably and I laughed all the way into Victoria....

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Was funny as fcuk

Reminds of one time, being on the platform at tara street and seeing some fella in a hoodie run out of the stairwell to catch a train before the doors closed. Whatever way he was looking while making the run, he didn't see that the doors had just closed and he ran straight into them and fell down between the train and platform. They got him out before the train moved away..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fletch87

Was on holiday and on a beach where you could rent a Segway for an hour.

Some lad stepped on one and thought he was getting the hang of it until he leaned too far forward, panicked and went into a sort of rocking motion that resulted in him falling off the front and the segway going over the top of him.

Was fairly comical looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Years ago I remember being brought up to my school in the car. A guy in my class who we always passed was cycling up the road. He was a bit strange and always had his head down. This included when cycling. Anyway, his normal route is a straight road that he can keep in a straight line with no issues (no side roads or driveways). Unfortunatley, there was a skip out on the road/path. He didnt look up, front wheel hit it and up over he went. I nearly crapped myself laughing so hard. Still remember it 15/20 odd years later

Advertisement