Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age did you realise that you were gay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gorgossium

At 14 I thought I was bisexual and then last year at the age of 20 I realised that what I am is called Pansexual. My mother didn't realise she was gay until she was 30 years old and had 2 kids xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I was in Primary school, 6th class about to go to secondary school. Things were a lot different then than now. It was late 1983/early 1984 when something happened that at the time, being the age I was, didn't seem overly strange in any but natural and somewhat different from a lot of the lads I was in school with. I couldn't understand it but I new something was different. We had what we called a "hall" where we did PE and such. It wasn't a hall in the modern sense of the word. I was only a few months away from making my confirmation and to be honest, I didn't even know Gay existed, or had an understanding of what "Gay" was.

I sat across that hall and saw a lad, from fifth class and I just had new feelings/emotions. I knew then that something was different from me. If I knew about being Gay or that such a feeling was possible, as it is in the world of today, who knows. I'm proud to be able to remember when I first noticed I was that little wee bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I'd say early teens, then at about sixteen I was trying to accept it.. then came out at 19. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6 balderdash23

I'm 23 and a closet bi (with a preference for lads), dunno should I be calling myself gay or bi. Bi makes me feel better I suppose. It started for me when I was 15 and 16. As far back as trying to get a quick shot of my friends cocks through their jocks as we were changing for GAA training. I still do it! Used to get me down, but now I just get on with it cos I've accepted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm 23 and a closet bi (with a preference for lads), dunno should I be calling myself gay or bi. Bi makes me feel better I suppose. It started for me when I was 15 and 16. As far back as trying to get a quick shot of my friends cocks through their jocks as we were changing for GAA training. I still do it! Used to get me down, but now I just get on with it cos I've accepted it.

We define labels, labels don't define us. Basically, call yourself whatever you want. I prefer not to use a label at all when I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dahylandert

My story was that i had a few fantasies about guys when i was 15/16, mostly one guy in particular but didnt think much of it as i was interested in girls more so just continued down that route and didnt think about guys again until about 22 when i started to notice guys alot more.
    I was in a relationship at this point and didnt do anything more and accepted i was attracted to guys as well as girls.
    i married that girl when i was 28 and was happy to settle down with her as i had never done anything with guys and was more attracted to her than any guy.Over the last year or two i still thought about guys as i had since i was 22 but over the last 6 months, the feeling has got an awful lot stronger and i believe now that i am possibly gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

I think I knew when I was about 14/15 but I didn't actually accept it myself until I was 17. Flashforward to when I was 19 and just after starting college and I came out to everyone in the space of a week.

So, I think there's stages in the realisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I was about ten when I started feeling attracted to other boys and men, i remember it vividly but found it very alarming at the time and was very unhappy with it throughout my teenage years. I guess i didn't want to be different from my peers. I think i was about 27 before i fully accepted it.

Advertisement