Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

So I am going to hold off for buying something in June on lego website after seeing apparently wht the gift with purchase is.

I had the lego forset set below when I was young. Definitely going to get the above promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't know why they won't reisssue classic Space, they'd clean up!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

They are apparently releasing this set a slight bit different for 90th anniversary about 100 euro or 110 but without the base plates etc. Just the ship. Meant to be released In August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Pity they don't have the plates. Seeing Space lego still upsets me. I had 6971-1 in mint condition in it's box, it was the only big Lego set I had as a child. I thought it was safe in the top of my wardrobe at home. Discovered years later my mother who was a teacher had taken it to her school. 😭

Hate that I gave away my lego sets below when I hit about 13 kept the minifigures tht are in my parents house still.

Many a year I had great fun playing with them and some other castle sets and pirates and space sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

The coincidence, I have all 3 sets as well and i missed them so much 😂 (they were played by my cousins after me and then just nobody takes care of them and they were lost basically), could still find some pieces of the ship hull aha...

Ya, that Barracuda rerelease filled a void in my heart (no joke lmao). Honestly after that, my lego purchase dropped significantly lol (also very much ran of out space ha). Given chance, ya, I would like to get that 6081 rerelease as well. The time i spent on playing that during my childhood...

And ya, very pleasant surprise we will a small retro set as promotional, I just might get something in June then heh.

And i was very much looking forward for that 'coming soon'. It is nonsense for me because surely they should know what restrictions before they submitted their application? I guess Lego can just have tall glass windows and put everything behind the windows - which is commonly seen for most official lego shops anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, it's a shame, but you can't really blame the planning department. They are just following the rules that the council have set, which could be summed up as "This is Grafton Street, not Henry Street". It could have been a lets chance our arm and see if it gets through, or it could have been a case of the architect should really have known better.

https://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/media/file-uploads/2018-05/02_Grafton_Street___Environs_ACA__adopted_03.07.06.pdf

A garish combination of colours which creates a jarring visual note in the streetscape.

Inappropriate materials. The "bricks" are made of 3mm aluminium which is uncomplimentary to the brick, stone, and terracotta of the building.

The lightbox display units aren't showing actual products which is also against the "Architectural Conservation Area" rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Currently in the middle of barracuda bay. Absolutely loving it.. paid a bit extra because it was retired but I’m so happy I got it.. so much detail in it.

I feel your pain ha. I wish I still had the sets. Still have to make barracuda Bay but no where to put it. Like you no space so it's silly I still buy lego but hey it is what it is but definitely going to hold off until the promotion is out next mth and maybe will grab the monkee kid cloud city set if not sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Great details up on eurobrick forum for 90th anniversary Castle set - looks incredible and day 1 purchase for me.

It's going to be a great set. I will get it at some point for sure. Apparently double VIP points from 24th to 30th June. Not sure if GWP still on at that time or as castle themed might be sold out by the 24th.

Yes yes omg, ye i heard it too, 4500 pieces, 20 minifigs 😂 God lego really wants my money.

I can't wait for official pictures of it. I will get it but will hold off on it until double VIP points or GWP

I will probably get just 1 set or the likes for June for the GWP on the lego site. Got these in May

Only annoying thing for June will be a lot of the June 1st sets will be sold out when the forest men's GWP will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Nice haul! I'm kicking myself that I didn't get more of those castles when the price dropped in Smyths to €80 a few weeks back. I was strapped for cash at the time, but I'll get 2 more of them when/if they drop again. That Monkie Kid set looks impressive too.

I finally bought the Medieval Blacksmith yesterday, and got 3 Muppet minifigures to bump it up to €160, so I got the two GWPs you have in your pics too.

Roll on June 1st. Some sweet sets coming our way :)

Yeah I got 3 of the creator castle sets. I think they say if you can buy 4 of the sets as 2 sets for the alternative builds then 2 sets if you make the castle proper back to back. To make a huge big 1. Yeah I wouldn't of bought them full price was nice to get a bit of money off of them. Hopefully go down price for you soon.

Nice to get the 2 free gifts with purchase and I have the Blacksmith set really nice set to buy.

Yeah the monkee kid set the box is a big set now. I will either get the cloud city set of it next mth or optimus prime set but I say they both will be sold out when forest men set comes out mid June so I will have to have a few back up sets ready just in case. But yeah your right some super sweet sets coming out in a few hrs time.

aha great haul rgard - I have been meaning to post what i got in May aha...ye i got the hermit frog and thats all i want from that set.

and just to show how limited space i have at my place aha, i put everything in the box to avoid dust and look at them all comfy together 😂

• Advertisement

I should pick up that castle set but somehow i didnt (same as why i didnt pick up the creator pirate ship as well), something about the pieces/design lol. So i am very glad to hear that they will release a retro castle (hefty price point though, wish it could be around 200 max).

Will see now, i am always keeping keen eyes on retiring sets lol.

Nice haul there. Was over in London for the weekend. Ended up in Leicester Square as you do for a mooch around the shop. Picked up the Trench Run diorama just to get something. They have the top floor closed off for renovations and changes. I think the Scout Trooper Helmet will be my next get, two of the guys over there were saying that will be retiring and they weren't expecting anymore in so to get it online while it was still up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what date each month the Lego Minecraft magazine comes out? And what shops usually stock it?

My son would love it but we can never find it. We always get the Lego Star Wars one no problem.

Thanks

Is actually almost purely down to luck as these magazines are quite popular aha - I got them from time to time by chance.

But ya the most reliable release info i use is from https://www.newsstand.co.uk/search/lego, should be handy.

(Minecraft magazine apparently is only issue#2 thus far)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Some of the sets that will be getting a price increase!!

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-preiserhoehung-september-2022/

Nice collection there and yes dust is annoying as hell. Good spot to keep them in there.

That's a big jump in price for some of these sets

Went for a wander up Grafton Street after work yesterday, just to see if there was any action or building going on. It has the hoarding up anyway so that is something.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/store/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Whiteshoes99

Got my final college results earlier this week and managed to score a first class honours degree in interior design so naturally enough I’ve rewarded myself this this 🙌🏼

• Advertisement

Advertisement