Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah I think it's my favourite set that's been released on 1st June, I will definitely pick it up at some point during the year. There is about 3 other monkey kids sets out I would like as well looking at them there below.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

They are so unique really and ya i am still keen to pick up the fountain set. The ship set is crazy as well lol.

That city set - i noticed that you could arrange to a 'street' mode, there is a picture of it at the back of the box - i actually think that it looks better in street view, altho yes the set looks incredibly regardless ha. My cousin actually will pick this up - good pricing also.

Yeah it's a great set if you have a Ninjago city or stuff you could definitely add in the monkey kid set into it there and open it up like you say to make a street view and the price for it seems really good. I think I will have the guts of 60 euro in points once lego update my star wars order. So I might order one of the above sets in mid May when the gift with purchase comes into play. I might go with the ship or the mountain one 1st as they will be retired before the rest of them as out longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I noticed that I got 1164 vip points for 2 tanks. Didn't realize when it said 300 points per item that its an estimate. How does that work, why do they need to estimate 300 and not just say 291 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I was in Art & Hobby in Liffey Valley today, they are doing buy 5 get one free on Muppets minifigs.

Out of 6 I managed to get 2 Rowlfs and 2 Swedish Chefs 🙄 (and 1 Kermit and 1 Statler) although the kids agreed to take one of the pairs each so that takes the badness out of it 😁

If I get more does anyone here want to do swapsies? I'd love to get Beaker and Dr Bunsen Honeydew, but don't we all...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear any news on the date when the lego store in Dublin will open up? I know it said the summer time just wondering if a bit more concrete news exactly when.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just going on the Council Planning Applications page, it doesn't look like a decision has been made on the proposed change to the shopfront

https://planning.agileapplications.ie/dublincity/application-details/149006

The documents have some mockups of what it will look like though.

Can't imagine putting new doors and a few "brick-type" walls would take too long though.

I wonder is it other shops can object to the shop front if takes away from the area? Maybe that's delaying it at moment

Ah no, it can take a few weeks for planning decisions anyway. They say 8 weeks from receipt of the application to make a decision, observations can be made during the first five weeks.

Just picking chronological numbers at random on the planning site, application submitted on the 9th and 10th of March had decisions done on the 3rd and 4th of May so I'd expect it any day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

All the may 4th orders must have arrived today, adverts full of beskar keyrings and lars homesteads. 😁😁

Still waiting on mine. Will be keeping mine anyhow. Ha yeah checked adverts 65 for guts if you want the 3 free gifts with purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

The Stephens green shop is doing the same offer, 6 for 5… only have 4 left to find now

Looking at the review of optimus prime lego set. It looks unreal. I sy it will be a tough set to get at any point of its release cycle especially on lego website.

It's just as well that Lego and DPD made my delivery carbon neutral and didn't take up any more space in the back of a truck than necessary, there must have been a run on small sized boxes :D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Anyone ever buy a set off the bricklink designer programme? I see there’s a round 3 coming up on Tuesday

i really like the winter chalet and the mountain view observatory, price for observatory is a bit steep but think I’d regret it if it got through and I didn’t get one..

Anyone any experience with thee sets I know they can take month to arrive. Anything else I should be aware of? How fast would they usually sell out is it a case of minutes with these?

I have the windmill set to come i believe it's September i ordered it a good few mths back. It didn't get to the 10k amount at the time I think close to that amount. I think you should be OK on sets but I could see the diner set and maybe the train set going fast enough all the same. You might be better off ordering it within the hr if I were you but if your dead set in getting it you might as well order it within a few mins. Money doesn't be taken out until it ships. The castle in the forest did sell out in a few mins tho so you just never know.

Yeah madness the size of the boxes they send them in, same with Smyths I got 2 small enough sets other day you could of fitted a lot bigger lego sets in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Have a brand new Mack Anthem in my attic. Partner threw it up on adverts months ago then forgot. Prices on eBay seem a bit mad. Anyone care to tell me how much they reckon to sell it for? Never sold a set before. *****nevermind, partner apparently never did list it 🤷*****

Post edited by polydactyl on

• Advertisement

I thought the diner be sold out by now I say be end of the day it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You can see here what they have been selling for and what is currently advertised.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42078-1&name=Mack%20Anthem&category=%5BTechnic%5D%5BModel%5D%5BTraffic%5D#T=P

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thanks for that, apparently he never did get around to listing it so thanks for the guideline!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

Hey all! Does anyone have any of the Lego art sets? I got 3 of the Batman ones from Amazon Germany delivered to a friend's house and I'm picking them up next week.

I'm planning to do the double image of Batman and Catwoman and then the Joker on his own.

I believe you can hang these with the command strips. Has anyone done this? And which type of command strip did you go for?

definitely some good choices there but ah ya all sold out - i thought the steam powered science would be among the winners. Not big fan for any of these projects so i am fine ha.

Optimus lego - i thought it is alright, competitive design (think of all the other products available out there from different companies), but nothing stands out that much imo, with an ok price tag (reminds of Voltron). I think it is just good to see the first Hasbro collab - the later/future potential collab will be better for sure.

Van gogh set is revealed! Ah i am getting this ha.

Yeah I liked the steam powered set the best as well, wasn't sure if it would be picked or not. I went for the diner set I think more for price point on it as nothing really stood out for me on other sets, so least 110 but don't have to worry about that until next year.

I think optimus prime will be really tough to get and I can imagine the price of that down the future. I might try and get him on June 1st but will see as will probably be my only lego buy I get next mth if I do try and get him. I wouldn't be surprised if megatron is made as well down the line so if that's the case be nice to have the 2 of them.

Yeah the van Gogh set looks super sweet. Definitely a good buy. I say only issue looking at the review is the colour of the bricks different shades makes building a bit difficult but looks awesome when done.

Nice one you got the diner - ya they all sold out so fast lol.

Ya lets see if optimus prime is that popular ha.

And ya i think i will wait for better promotionals to make my purchase, the big ones are R2D2, Mario64 cube, van gogh, monkey kid heaven palace. Not in a hurry as I have no space anyway for the next 6 months at least ha. 😥

I wasn't overly pushed on it but it did catch my eye and price point its not the worse either. But yeah all are gone they sell super fast thankfully they do 10k sets now.

I say hes going to sell like a crazy thing to be fair ha but could be wrong.

Ha I know what you meant about space but like you want to hold off when good gwp when buying from lego. 2 good sets this mth if spend over 160. I ordered my 1st monkey kid set the monkey mountain waterfall set. Was 170 but had 60 euro in points so was 110 with the 2 gwp so was worth it. Its on back order till the 25th of this mth. But defo want the heaven Palace as looks great and yeah the van Gogh 1 looks great and wouldn't mind the R2D2 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

i got the mario 64 question block and got the two free gifts so happy out with them. I didn’t realise the Ulysses was back for vip members so was sickened to miss out on that but looks like it sold out in no time..

ordered two of the bricklink sets aswell, got the winter chalet and observatory so I’ll patiently await them in 12 months.

• Advertisement

To be fair the 2 gifts with purchase are pretty cool now. Yeah I logged on just at 8 on the day to get the Ulysses but no joy in the end trying to get it.

Nice 2 sets. I would like the observatory now a lot, it was in my top 3 out of them all on the day.

Advertisement