Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre in Monasterevin

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just to update on this , i rang eircom this afternoon and got some lady who said my line is only up to 50 mb and said she never heard of profiles etc, when i quizzed her further and told her im currently getting 70mb she said she was from the billing department, ffs are they being tutored to spout up to x speeds garbage now too?
    Anyways i asked to speak to tech support and got through to an engineer who ran some test and said my line is capable of 95-105 mb but cannot change the profile yet as their software for the task is not updated yet but should be in a few weeks and the process should be automatic.
    Anyone able to shed some light on this scenario?

He said the current profile is 70/20 which im locked at thus making me agree the line can eek out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're waiting for an updated prequal, that's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Engineer called to my house on Wednesday to prepare for fibre. But it took until this morning to get the authentication (this is what they said) of the line carried out by vodafone.
    Anyway, it's up and running now. I'm in Oldgrange Wood and around 100m from the cabinet.

3676389183.png

ED E wrote: »
    They're waiting for an updated prequal, that's normal.

Thanks once again.
    Can you explain what prequal means please :)

Just strange the cabs the last poster and mac.book are connected to didnt seem to have a waiting period and approach 100mb off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its essentially the rating of the line, the max speed it can take. They get redone periodically.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Its essentially the rating of the line, the max speed it can take. They get redone periodically.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Living in Monasterevin myself up near the graveyard, these are the speeds i'm getting. I'm with Sky broadband. Don't fully understand al the technical jargon bit are those speeds acceptable for where i am

Cheers

Living in Monasterevin myself up near the graveyard, these are the speeds i'm getting. I'm with Sky broadband. Don't fully understand al the technical jargon bit are those speeds acceptable for where i am

Cheers

Thats standard ADSL your on,id guess 7-8mb connection.
    I dont think sky offer fibre yet but there is a fibre cab close to you so its available to you,if your out of contract with sky id go with eircom or vodafone asap.

Check out this map, zoom into kill hill area and see the cab location, its in ard evin estate i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Just got vodafone fibre in and the download speed seem pretty bad at 20mb the upload is 20mb that's good at least but I was told I'd be capable of 100mb. I'm in Ardevan ping is 17ms. These tests were done with ookla speedtest over wifi but I done one through eircom speedtest and results were 93mb down and 16mb up. I did this over wifi also. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks
    Paddy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Just got vodafone fibre in and the download speed seem pretty bad at 20mb the upload is 20mb that's good at least but I was told I'd be capable of 100mb. I'm in Ardevan ping is 17ms. These tests were done with ookla speedtest over wifi but I done one through eircom speedtest and results were 93mb down and 16mb up. I did this over wifi also. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks
    Paddy

Wifi is not an accurate way of taking a speed test. Some speed tests download/upload more data than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 valleylala

Hi can anyone recommend the best broadband for Ard Evan court? Eircom advised they have efibre so can hv broadband, tv& house phone..
    Is UPC available? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement