Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glut of repossessed houses could depress prices ‘by up to 25%’

Options
19495969798100»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Villa05 wrote: »
    Another story of a permanent, pensionable €88,000 p/a salary struggling to survive
    http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2014/02/13/as-benefit-creep-meets-wage-shrink-whats-the-point-in-anyone-working

How do the majority of households on 40k or less with nowhere near the same pension and job security manage?
    That's not far off half of all households in the country btw.
    I'm going to reserve sympathy because we know very little about the Floppy Haired One's quoted case. What borrowings did they saddle themselves with? Six children? Pretty much everybody I know understands that having kids is a responsibility and that you need to live within your means.
    MouseTail wrote: »
    Census stats concur, those renting are more likely to be young and/or foreign nationals. Why someone would argue this, i don't know, its completely intuitive. Cant link, but read "The roof over our heads" from CSO.
    I don't think that's the issue but the word "transient" was used and there was also the implication that it's okay to treat mortgage holders not paying their way very differently to renters not paying their way because people renting their house off the bank are "not transient" while those who rent from a landlord are.

The facts aren't the issue. The agenda behind them is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

D3PO wrote: »
    They do indeed move along fine for Start very easy to handly handfulls of repos. For repos to impact the market your talking valumes of tens on the current rate being required.

I really cant understand how 6 years into this mess that anybody can genuinely believe that all of a sudent a repo tidal wave will com forth and shatter house prices.

you dont need to be an economics genius to realise thats implausible completely.

Your argument reminds me of the start of the film La Haine. He describes falling off a building, flying through the air and says to himself "so far, so good".

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭dinnyirwin

Villa05 wrote: »
    Well done on dodging the main points and focusing on minute detail. Join the others in the Bull corner and ignore the main issues and they will go away...

Haha, do you hear who is talking.
    Cant say im in either corner. But i know whats going on in front of me.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

In light of some of the recent posts saying that this thread has had it's answer the mods have had a quick discussion and we think it's time to end it. 2014 may bring a new insight into the treatment of those within the property market, but 2013 did not live up to the article in the OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement