Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egret 2

Options
  • 06-03-2013 9:20am

Any one got one?

I know the monitors are 25/24khz but if you wanted to connect a PC it's doable with a Jpac yeah?
    Ronnies got one for sale.Looks a bit rough around the front and sides.
    Also convergence issues in the bottom right?And cracked marquee holder.
    He's sending me more pics on Thursday.
    950e + shipping!

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Lovely machines!

If it needs a bit of work and the marquee holder is cracked I'd say 950, well be closer to 1200 after shipping right?, would be a a tad steep. Thats just what I'd think, if i was paying that much I'd be wanting something pretty much mint to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Images not showing for me.

I'd say Ronnie is charging a premium price just because its an egret 2 and they're scarce enough.

Jpac has nowt to do with 15khz. That would be an ArcadeVGA gfx card (or standard gfx card and soft15k).

FrancoB does repro marquee holders.

Given the machines age, a mint Egret 2 from a Jap arcade would be a tough ask imo.

Edit - images showing. The cab itself doesn't look that bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

i've got one and that one looks ok to me ....most e2's have scrapes to the sides etc but a camera will show all candy to looks slighty better than they are anyway .

most if not all e2's have some minor convergence issues' the usual with most of these candies though...just get him to show you a test grid ...from the above pic it doesnt look too bad

the bezel needs to be uncrewed when rotateing it(pain in the arse) 6-8 screws hold it i think cant remember exactly tbh also 4 wing nuts hold the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Aren't those monitors low and medium res? 15/24 kHz. I'd save yourself a lot of hassle and just get an Egret2 with a tri-sync monitor or just get an Sammy Atomiswave SD cab, plug'n'play for video if your just looking to MAME it

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Aren't those monitors low and medium res? 15/24 kHz. I'd save yourself a lot of hassle and just get an Egret2 with a tri-sync monitor or just get an Sammy Atomiswave SD cab, plug'n'play for video if your just looking to MAME it

Can you get them with trisync?
    @geotrig 6 screws has to be easier than than lifting it out!

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »

I think kerbdog meant egret 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

no you cant get them with trisync

it is ,but its still not something i would advise doing every day either

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy ****! They never come up for sale!

Don't think, just buy it!

If not then I will! :pac:

Looking at that video Ronnie posted, it looks like he has a few Egret 2s. If this one isn't to your liking you could just pass on it and await the next one?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy ****! They never come up for sale!
    Don't think, just buy it!
    If not then I will! :pac:
    Homers-Conscious.gif
    :D

Im selling my bike later on so will have some spare $$$$
    Its gonna cost at least 500 to keep the missus quite also:rolleyes:

Ronnies away for a few days but he said he'll get me more pics before the weekend.
    The poxy sega isnt even working and im (seriously)considering this.ha ha ha
    its now or never I think

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just to give you a timeframe, this is the first time Ive seen an egret 2 for sale like this in 2+ years. The handful of ones Ive seen were all personal sales for collection only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What's the difference between the Egret 2 & 3 (was there an Egret 1?) that makes the '2' so much more desirable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

egret771.jpg

Egret 29 is what I would love

Master of the Universe

What's the difference between the Egret 2 & 3 (was there an Egret 1?) that makes the '2' so much more desirable ?

Egret 2 has a rotate mechanism. You can just pop the hood and spin the monitor on a big wheel. It's why they're usually really hard to come by. Nobody wants to get rid of them.

The images are only showing up for me now. Ah that looks to be in quite good condition now. I'd agree with kerbdog though, tri sync are the was to go if you're mameing

Any idea if ronnie would do combined shipping? I was thinking of getting onto him for a cab myself

Master of the Universe

Combined shipping, now there's an idea.

The only thing is that with his shipping method, it's door to door. The truck will roll up outside your house and a guy will deliver it to your door on a trolly. It's definitely worth the cost.

In my case, the guy even helped me lift it into the house :eek: and was prepared to bring it all the way into the sitting room too but I convinced him it was okay to leave it in the hallway :)

The images are only showing up for me now. Ah that looks to be in quite good condition now. I'd agree with kerbdog though, tri sync are the was to go if you're mameing

Any idea if ronnie would do combined shipping? I was thinking of getting onto him for a cab myself

I doubt it,
    I think they come on a pallet each.
    I dont think i'd be maming it.but it'd be nice to keep the options open in future.
    Always wanted 3 cabs,
    he still has that super neo 29 by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Trisync is well handy for hooking up xbox 360 for all the shmups :)

Yeah combined shipping is a bit optimistic but still could be a possibility.

Master of the Universe

Yeah combined shipping is a bit optimistic but still could be a possibility.

Purely to see the awesomeness of a container of cabs landing :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That E2 looks in pretty good condition to me! If I had the dosh I'd snap it up asap without a moments thought (assuming the rotate mech is intact and working).

The lack of hi-res wouldn't bother me at all - I have a tri-sync and I never use the hi-res on it. 15Khz looks so much better for Mame and Xbox, and the E2 is supposed to have a great low res picture too.

I think kerbdog meant egret 3.

They wouldn't come stock with a trisync but one could dream of one coming on the market with a tri already installed :)

Seems some lad made more rotate mechs for the Egret2 and the AtomiswaveSD cabs;
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16557

I'm with Andrew on this. The cab looks good to me (assuming geometry and Tate ok) and the price without shipping isn't astronomical by any means for an Egret 2.

I know the marquee holder is broken but the one that came with my AWSD was fine and I still replaced it with a repro for that shiny new look.

Group discount from Ronnie if a few cabs bought might work if he can't budge on shipping!

Master of the Universe

I would never, ever let marquee condition factor into a cab purchase. It's just a piece of plastic afterall. Simple to reproduce.

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Seems some lad made more rotate mechs for the Egret2 and the AtomiswaveSD cabs;
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16557

Did that guy ever post detailed plans and instructions in the end. Defo a project I would consider but only if clear instructions were available.

Did that guy ever post detailed plans and instructions in the end. Defo a project I would consider but only if clear instructions were available.

Templates for the metal work here, think you would need to MacGyver the rollers
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16557&start=20#p215807

the rotate mech is in it.

Master of the Universe

the rotate mech is in it.

Serious major want here. That would be really amazing. Lift the hood, rotate, throw in Raiden II...then lift the hood, rotate back for Metal Slug. Too easy!!!

I'd go for one immediately if I didn't already have a cab. It might be too big for me to have as a second cab though (main reason I was looking for something small as a second cab like like a Pony III or 18)

If you were only planning on having just one cab then the egret 2 with its rotate mech would be a wise option.

But as we all know one cab is never enough so one cab (without rotate mech) left permanently tated is a very valid option and allows for far greater choice in cab.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

But as we all know one cab is never enough so one cab (without rotate mech) left permanently tated is a very valid option and allows for far greater choice in cab.

If I can find a Pony III, Pony 18 or a Capcom Impress that that's what I'll be doing alright :)

Advertisement