Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexism you have personally experienced or have heard of? *READ POST 1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

My skincare bits arrived from Boots and they threw in a free sample of women's perfume...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

Are the male murders in there being painted as ''victims''?

Large numbers of women either fail to show up for an interview or fail teats required to get in yet it's everyone else fault. I'm guesses entry for females will be made easier again aftr this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The Woke media thought they were onto a winning story of discrimination against the Wimmin's only to find when they dug a little deeper that the wimmin (that bothered to show up for interview) weren't upto scratch.

Headline would more accurately read

"Only one woman met standard for Army recruitment"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

The Irish Defence Forces have a target that 35% of the forces are female. It will be interesting to see how they work towards reaching such a target e.g. will standards being lowered; will women be advantaged; etc. It seems a high percentage for both the type of work and the working conditions (though I don’t know much about the details of the latter for the Irish Defence Forces).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭purifol0

I wonder do people here understand the difference between in group and out group preference.

It's literally the reason women are "feminist" and men are "white knights".

Women have an in group preference, this means they see other women as on the same team. Whereas men have out group preference, they will naturally advantage women over men.

This is a natural instinct and one that has to be manually overriden. Doing this consciously is relatively easy, but in daily life the hardwired biological nature can be seen in action very clearly.

For example legislation that is gender neutral eg. Crimes & sentencing may say that either gender gets 1 year inside, but female prisons look like hotel rooms whereas men get cells. Not a peep from anyone that this is unfair, unless the situation was reversed of course.

In group preference is also why women cannot stand to hear criticism of other women from men. They themselves get angry and defensive, even though they aren't being criticized at all. They see themselves as other women. They also get embarrassed on behalf of other women when they are rightly criticized by men. Think Helen McEntee levels of ****-up. Women absolutely think she's an eejit, but they dislike men critiquing her harshely even if they agree with the sentiment.

It's a herd mentality protection instinct. And they can't easily switch it off, most of them don't even realize it exists.

I think because women think this way, they think we also must think this way about other men. This really confuses men, especially when we cop flak for something we didn't do, but some guy somewhere did and now all men are responsible and should feel collective guilt.

Basically men don't see other men as on the same team and what's worse is, in mixed gender social situations other men are seen as competition. Another reason for the need for the return of male only social spaces.

Apologies for the ramble, but in group preferences are well studied but not well known by the general public

The issues with more females in the Defence Forces is they all want to go in straight to the top ranks as offices etc and do so without acutally putting in the work. The entry requirements for females are already lower than it is for males yet no one seems to have an issue with that.

Meritocracy is now misogyny. The girls have been told all their lives now they have an uphill struggle, and deserve more because of all the awful awful treatment men gave them (in the past of course).

Whether it's the public sector or a public company in the private sector it's women to the front.

The public sector don't have to worry about employee performance because politicians won't fire any if them and their budget comes from taxes.

The private sector doesn't care about promoting women into positions of high pay if they are getting DEI and ESG funding and their stock goes up the more woke they are.

As per my last post, women's in group preference basically blinds them from seeing things fairly and makes them inherently sexist.

As an example a girl I went out with recently told me she's got a new mentorship program going for new female hires. This was about ten seconds after we she told me that men are privileged because they always get the best jobs, over a dinner that I was paying for naturally.

When I told her that this program is literally the definition of sexism, and that there was no program in place for new male hires the mental gymnastics she performed were telling. I could see in her face that she had just realized the truth but was never going to accept it or internalize it instead just babbled on, red faced.

The way female TDs have been treated recently have been a good example of this. The whole RTE thing is one good example. Catherine Martin the minster has got away scott free ywt if it was a male minster they'd be slated.

It's apparently quite well know within FG that Helen McEntee is given preferential treatment and will be put into jobs regardless if she's the right person for the job or not. The fact she know has kids means she'll get away with even more.

It's like all those ''Women in xyz industry'' how no one ever calls that out i don't know. Yet if a suggestion was made about something ti encourage more men into teaching for example there would be uproar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭dickdasr1234

Oh no men are of course "encouraged" to be teachers/nurses etc.

But when its the other way round women get QUOTAS!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mobius2021

Something sort of aligned to this. Recently a female friend and I were chatting about mutual friends when we were back in our 20's and the topic of cheating came up.

The conclusion we came to (in our opinion all around this) was that women tend to be less likely to hook up with an attached man as they they don't want to do that to the man's partner. Where in general men seem far more comfortable in being with an attached woman.

The reason we thought was as you say - women see other women as being part of the same team where men are less likely to give a sh*t about other men, especially when it comes to the above.

Now the Defense Forces are pretty much getting rid of fitness testing for females!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

How do mistresses and sugar daddies fit into that? How about home wreckers, where a woman intentionally goes after a married man with children to get him for herself? The Idea where women go after men already in relationships is that they are already wanted enough by another woman so must not have any major problems.

(I'm not claiming this is a big thing)

Dublin Marathon 2024

"All 2023 paid entrants have 48 hours from this Tuesday to midnight on Wednesday, November 1st, to claim that option of early 2024 entry, if so desired. They will be provided with a code to enter the race by email.

For next year’s 2024 event, set for Sunday, October 27th, this preferential early entry will also be open for the same time frame for all women who entered the 2023 Dublin Half Marathon. This is to encourage and support more female entrants to the marathon."

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/athletics/2023/10/30/dublin-marathon-still-running-off-around-6000-unused-entries

See also:

https://twitter.com/dublinmarathon/status/1719327860328903069

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/1204/1420023-international-protection-applicants-ireland

Earlier, the Department of Integration said it can no longer provide accommodation to all international protection applicants due to a severe shortage.

In a statement, a spokesperson for the department said tents and sleeping bags will be provided to people where required.

A total of 107 people were accommodated over the weekend, however from today, the State is not in a position to accommodate everyone.

Earlier a spokesperson had said women and children will still be accommodated.

---

Speaking on the same programme, Tanya Ward, Chief Executive of the Children's Rights Alliance said she was thinking of the teenagers and young men impacted by this move.

"Sometimes there is not a big difference between a 16-year-old, a 17-year-old and an 18-year-old, and we know that young men are very vulnerable to violence... in the context of the recent riots and the violence on the streets, it does worry me greatly that people could be exposed on the streets," she said.

---

Edited to add:

If you want to make sure you can always accommodate everyone from a certain group (here women and children), I have to wonder does that mean that there is some spare capacity on some nights i.e. that they are holding spaces for the group they are favouring meaning some nights this spare capacity is not used i.e. spaces could be said to be wasted.

Post edited by iptba on

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/social-affairs/2023/12/15/more-than-200-asylum-seekers-left-without-accommodation

More than 200 asylum seekers [all men] left without accommodation

State has been unable to provide accommodation to single men since December 4th

[..]

Mr Henderson said at least 25 people have come into the council’s offices in the last 10 days, saying they feel “unsafe”.

“We met with one man last week who was chased, he told us that he was chased in the city and had his shoes stolen from him,” he said.

He added that the situation towards international protection applicants has deteriorated since the riots in Dublin at the end of November.

https://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/expression-of-interest-for-female-independent-non-executive-director

Think what would be said if there was a job ad for a male only role 🙄

Since Ian Bailey died some of the comments, mostly from females, are something else. Another trial by social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Here you go

Post edited by iptba on

Recent incident with the Chelsea women's manager. Claiming she was the victim etc as the Arsenal manager was aggressive etc yet watching the video there's only one of them being aggressive….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Advertisement

[quote]Recent incident with the Chelsea women's manager. Claiming she was the victim etc as the Arsenal manager was aggressive etc yet watching the video there's only one of them being aggressive….[/quote]

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/emma-hayes-must-be-called-out-on-her-male-aggression-jibe-imagine-if-jonas-eidevall-had-cited-female-emotion/a418043497.html
    Emma Hayes must be called out on her ‘male aggression’ jibe – imagine if Jonas Eidevall had cited ‘female emotion’

(I’m having difficulty using replying to a post)

Advertisement