Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the Ball Team Leaves Newstalk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nobody listens to that show, I know I don't. It's the point in the day I decide I've had enough radio for one day. There's far to much lazy sport shows on the radio to just fill in time. Extend Hooks show out to fill the gap I say!

"Lazy sports show"

You're talking bollocks, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

"Lazy sports show"

You're talking bollocks, tbh.
    I never said it was a lazy sports show I said there's far to many lazy sports shows in general. The weekends are the worst every single radio station doing the same sports reports. It's not even worth turning on the radio. Maybe this was one of the better ones but there still needs to be a cull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I never said it was a lazy sports show I said there's far to many lazy sports shows in general. The weekends are the worst every single radio station doing the same sports reports. It's not even worth turning on the radio. Maybe this was one of the better ones but there still needs to be a cull.

Fair enough so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Ah yes, the weekend afternoons, a time of radio silence in the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ah yes, the weekend afternoons, a time of radio silence in the car :D
    Bar the roar of my 1.6L diesel engine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Best sports show on Irish radio by a very wide margin. Innovative and entertaining. Very likable crew who you can hear by their interactions are a group of mates.
    Will be sorely missed. Hope they have been poached by another broadcaster (not the RTe).
    Big big mistake by newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm not really into sport that much but these guys were fun to listen to and did some great interviews, I hope they stick together.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

As gutted as i am, i'm gonna have to close this and direct you all to the OTB mega thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056765553&page=12

We'll reserve this type of thread for when Joe Duffy leaves to do announcements in Tesco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement