Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War: Judgement

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

Was all set to pick this up today before reading that there's no Horde mode? Leaving out the best part of the series like that is just baffling.

there is horde it has just been renamed survival and has 10 rounds.

I consider myself a good player and can do wave 1-50 on insane on my own in all other gows but have not completed wave 9 on survival yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    there is horde it has just been renamed survival and has 10 rounds.

I consider myself a good player and can do wave 1-50 on insane on my own in all other gows but have not completed wave 9 on survival yet

Have you had much issue with locust spawns? I've had them spawn on top of the e hole a few times, and 9/10 tickers are already at the 1st wire defence before you are able to move on wave 1 :mad:

I imagine there will be a patch for this ...... I hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

calex71 wrote: »
    Have you had much issue with locust spawns? I've had them spawn on top of the e hole a few times, and 9/10 tickers are already at the 1st wire defence before you are able to move on wave 1 :mad:

I imagine there will be a patch for this ...... I hope.

probably a loading issue
    in survival host spawns then everyone joins 5-10 seconds later

Finished the campaign this morning, in terms of story it was a massive let down
    pretty much an A to B affair and totally without surprise or imagination

I wasn't expecting a gears 3 campaign, but I was expecting it to come at least close to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

I think this game is pretty good in terms of multiplayer overall. Haven't played the campaign yet. Only few small things annoying me.

1 - Team deathmatch with all cog and no locust. I've actually killed myself a few times with a digger shooting a my own player running towards me.
    Ridiculous decision to take out locust to be honest.

2 - Team deathmatch where everyone has the ability to start with a frag. Amount of frag getting thrown around is crazy. Soon as you see someone you're guaranteed to get a frag thrown at you. Why not let people choose between stim gas / smoke / ink. Leave the frag as a pick up weapon.

I think overrun is an excellent new mode. For those complaining that cog have a huge disadvantage, well they always had a disadvantage since the locust came about. It's obviously designed to give locust the advantage. It's really about who can destroy the 3 objectives faster. It can be tough enough to stop any team destroying the e-hole cover. I agree that the grenades get a bit out of hand. Think they should have given the cog the ability to kick the grenades if near the e-hole cover.

The new free for all is an excellent mode too. Can be a bit hectic when playing quick match but I played a private match with 5 friends and it was class. Nice bit of room to move around too.

• Advertisement

Played Aftermath there, I think I enjoyed that more than the main game.

To be honest, when I played gears of war 3 and knew there would be DLC I immediately assumed that this would be one of them as that chunk seemed to be obviously missing from gears 3
    Where baird and cole get sent off for help you didn't actually have a chapter with them or anything

Does anyone know if this was developed specifically for this game or was it something that never made it out for gears 3?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This really depressed me, because it works...
    People who want to try the locked out mode, Warzone

"Start up Gears Judgement. Go to Private Match and highlight TDM, then press A.
    At the next prompt press A+B simultaneously. When it says "You are about to start a match. Continue?" press A again."

Saw some differences, weapon pick up is back to normal so picking up weapons will have to be fought over which is good, player spawns atm are terrible, 1 team will get the majority of power weapons eg Libary

No doubt this will be released for 400 microsoft points or whatever.

Tinie wrote: »
    This really depressed me, because it works...

No doubt this will be released for 400 microsoft points or whatever.

I'm more shocked at the fact this works too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Oh epic, why do you do these things...

missingmaps.png

Maps that were found on the disc, and we will be charged for.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Oh epic, why do you do these things...

Maps that were found on the disc, and we will be charged for.

I wouldn't have an issue with them charging for maps as such but when there are so few included with the base game it's very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Haven't got the game yet, and not defending them, charging for On Disc DLC is low(lowest of the low, no excuse), but isn't there a Free map pack inbound, hopefully it just unlocks those maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Haven't got the game yet, and not defending them, charging for On Disc DLC is low(lowest of the low, no excuse), but isn't there a Free map pack inbound, hopefully it just unlocks those maps?

At least this being type of stuff being found early on might force them to include them as a free DLC (of course they'll say it was planned all along :rolleyes:).

Either way as tempted as I am, I'm still gonna wait on this until it's price drops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Were getting 2 free maps. One of which is already in the game in overrun, and one which has been delayed and pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If its on the disc, it should be free, Capcom get serious heat for charging for on disc content as DLC. You think other companies would want to avoid that.

Its bad form.

Hopefully those maps end up being free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is it me or is the MP not a patch on GOW3?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is it me or is the MP not a patch on GOW3?

Not even close imo :(

In other news though the Execution multiplayer mode is due on Tuesday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

calex71 wrote: »
    Not even close imo :(

In other news though the Execution multiplayer mode is due on Tuesday

I finished campaign last night and will probably trade it in for Luigi's mansion on Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Only got a chance to play this a bit today.
    Enjoying the overun mode atm,something different at least.
    Haven't touched on SP yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

Execution mode and new map ''Haven'' available now on line!!! Anyone played it yet and whats your thoughts on it??

Execution mode and new map ''Haven'' available now on line!!! Anyone played it yet and whats your thoughts on it??

The haven map is one of the better ones in the game, was never a fan of execution so won't comment on that, there is 2x XP on the DLC at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Simple Question lads this or Tomb Raider and reasons why lol

Simple Question lads this or Tomb Raider and reasons why lol

Tomb Raider, hands down. much fresher experience, GOW:J is an Ok game just the campaign is short lived and very pedestrian and the multiplayer is more of the same only not as good and featured as previous games.

Tomb Raider as a better story also, but nearly no replay value if you do everything in one playthrough, and it's tacked on MP is poo. Gears has it's co-op and insane difficulty to offer in terms of campaign replay.

Overall GOW:J feels like a cheap knock off of GoW3 just my opinion and others will likely argue with me fiercely on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Still undecided whether to buy this. I still enjoy playing GOW 3, but I see a lot of complaints, notably about no horde in Judgement. Can't believe horde is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Still undecided whether to buy this. I still enjoy playing GOW 3, but I see a lot of complaints, notably about no horde in Judgement. Can't believe horde is missing.

Don't waste your money it is the worst gears so far. If you like the traditional multiplayer, it only has 4 maps (not great maps either) . If you want more maps you have to buy DLC.

Anyone know of any price drops on this yet in Bricks & Mortar shops in Dublin? Cheapest I've seen it so far is in Smyths for €49.99. Doesn't seem to be dropping much in price.

Also is there any messing about with online activation codes for it etc, in case i can find it cheaper pre-owned somewhere?

Advertisement