Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bibles in hotel rooms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I prefer the Sith code
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.'
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

I used to leaf through the old testament and find some random nonsense like how to treat mildew and put a dog ear on it. That or the story of Lot was a favorite one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Morag wrote: »
    I prefer the Sith code

That always struck me as a far more accurate portrayal of reality. I never quite understood how it led to the dark side because it's pretty reasonable stuff. Or maybe I'm just a sith lord already and wouldn't realise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sarky wrote: »
    That always struck me as a far more accurate portrayal of reality. I never quite understood how it led to the dark side because it's pretty reasonable stuff. Or maybe I'm just a sith lord already and wouldn't realise it?

[husky voice]Good...let the hate flow through you...[/husky voice]

*cough* I'm going to need a drink after that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I just take 'em home with me so I always have a Bible to lend to Catholics. No way would I actually pay for one.

• Advertisement

Roman Catholics aren't meant to use them as the Gideons are a sect onto themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They're so small, how is anyone meant to find the space to highlight the inaccuracies and inconsistencies in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

B-b-but context!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Morag wrote: »
    Roman Catholics aren't meant to use them as the Gideons are a sect onto themselves.

So that would be an ecumenical matter, eh?

Sarky wrote: »
    They're so small, how is anyone meant to find the space to highlight the inaccuracies and inconsistencies in them?

You should see the pocket editions they distribute in schools.
    They get invited in give one to all the students talk about how the 'word of the Lord' can help teens and show of the marked passages and then the teachers tell the kids to keep them in their bags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement