Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Been really busy with work lately so didn't have a chance to give an update in this thread.

On foot of getting the Super Star Destroyer for my birthday, I've officially become an Lego aficionado :) I'm limiting myself to select Star Wars sets and one or two of my favourites.

I've managed to pick up the following (new and in mint condition) in the past few weeks:

Clone Wars ARC-170

5bea68f3-939d-4581-a03b-de41d31e05ba.jpg

Republic Venator Class Cruiser

e465e007-fa70-421c-9da8-c05e464aa0d3.jpg

R2-D2

LegoR2D2.jpg

Imperial Lambda Class Shuttle

LegoLambdaClassShuttle.jpg

I really got back into Star Wars through the Clone Wars animated series & I love the Clones, particularly Rex, Cody, the 501st & the 212th. I've recently discovered the joys of Bricklink so I picked up a few, with more to follow :)

IMG_1209.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Great haul of sets there mate, did you get them all on Bricklink? The Imperial shuttle is an incredible set I would love it! Congrats. What country was it bought from and is it 100% complete? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Great haul of sets there mate, did you get them all on Bricklink? The Imperial shuttle is an incredible set I would love it! Congrats. What country was it bought from and is it 100% complete? Cheers

I got the Venator, Arc-170 & Shuttle off a seller here. I had seen them on Adverts with 100% feedback and accidentally found them on eBay, also with 100% feedback when searching for Lego kits. All boxes were sealed & looks like everything is in there. Haven't assembled them all yet.

Picked up R2D2 in Argos Swords near the end of November, seemed to be the only one left in the country according to checkargos.com.

I've also recently grabbed the Tumbler, the UCS X-Wing and Ecto-1 off the Lego store during their Black Friday promotion.

Next on the list is Slave I on 5 January and then I'll be taking a break until the next UCS kit come out late next year. Hopefully the rumours will be true and it'll be a reissue or an updated Falcon for the new films.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Just built MINECRAFT the first night and the cave. As some figures, really good value. I ordered them off of the website so I got the winter freebie set as well. My Christmas present to myself. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just built MINECRAFT the first night and the cave. As some figures, really good value. I ordered them off of the website so I got the winter freebie set as well. My Christmas present to myself. : )

Bet you're pleased that you're not a parent who had to pay the crazy secondary market prices! I debated talking my boyfriend into selling his Godson's Crafting Box so that come February he could have a Crafting Box and €40!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Had an order for presents arrive this week and I've just assembled the latest Christmas Lego Store freebie. Really nice little set. 127 pieces in a nice sturdy box. The two minifigs are really surprising. Danish made. The second I took them out of the bag, I could tell they were a much higher quality than the poor quality Chinese made CMF that TLG are charging almost 4 euro a pop for.

They're cunning though, I now want to start collecting the Winter Village scene stuff.

Bought the Santa's workshop about an hour after I posted this. Arrived in three days with standard postage. It's a bit out of context with the older stuff, but I Love it. Sitting on the hall table now. Already hunting around bricklink and will definitely start collecting the rest of the Winter village stuff and try and have a display next year. Will also have a mess about with lighting it with SMD LEDS, just like the display below.

full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Bought the Santa's workshop about an hour after I posted this. Arrived in three days with standard postage. It's a bit out of context with the older stuff, but I Love it. Sitting on the hall table now. Already hunting around bricklink and will definitely start collecting the rest of the Winter village stuff and try and have a display next year. Will also have a mess about with lighting it with SMD LEDS, just like the display below.

full.jpg

I love the lighting!

I only have Santa's workshop but I can definitely see why people like them, they're adorable and lovely builds

today i bought 3 technics :D my wife is gonna kill me

I got an 8448 for not too much. I have not announced its impending arrival yet.

today i bought 3 technics :D my wife is gonna kill me

I got an 8448 for not too much. I have not announced its impending arrival yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yippee!!:) I got the Lego Creator street scene from my sister for Christmas. Delighted!!:D

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Today we have

Ghostbusters ecto-1 21108
    Lego city passenger train 60051
    Lego creator mountain house 31025
    Lego movie ice cream machine 70804
    Lego technic plane 42020
    Lego movie melting room 70801
    Lego movie getaway glider 70800

And a lego sorting head. Gonna be a long night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Currently building the Town Hall that I picked up just before it retired, caught in the nick of time!

My girlfriend is currently building the Holiday Train, which I've been painstakingly piecing together since early in the year as her Christmas present. I sneakily built it myself a few weeks ago to make sure the parts were all there, and I took this video when it was finished:

LivelyHighlevelIchneumonfly.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

fuavk8.jpg

My bird got me the Volvo L350F Wheel Loader set for crimbo. Great set but rather pricey. I'd love if the crane had the remote control function.

Enjoyable build it must be said. I hate putting on those bloody stickers.

Now what to get next.............. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

fuavk8.jpg

My bird got me the Volvo L350F Wheel Loader set for crimbo. Great set but rather pricey. I'd love if the crane had the remote control function.

Enjoyable build it must be said. I hate putting on those bloody stickers.

Now what to get next.............. :D

Wow thats a good size, is it a fully functioning remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow that is a beast, I'm damn tempted to pick it up now, its about 50% bigger than I pictured it in my mind.

EDIT: How much control over the bucket and loader do you have with the remote?

Nevermind, looks like a lot:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Not a present as Santa bought it but Sean received this Lego gift.

Loving the look of that TECHNIC digger! Also the Lego Movie Spaceship is, awesome...!

I hadn't made a lego set since I was 7 or 8, when I got the M-Tron Mega Core Magnetiser for Christmas one year, loved Lego as a kid and got it a lot as a Christmas gift. Got the itch to get back into it a year or two ago after seeing the UCS Super Star Destroyer, but never actually went through with getting it.

I put together two sets over the Christmas though, first up was the UCS Red Five X Wing (10240), excellent set, so good I painstakingly broke it down and rebuilt it - I love the end result but part of the draw for me is the actual build. This set was a great mix of TECHNIC and more conventional lego building, the wing mechanism was such a treat to make. The notorious cockpit canopy stickers went a lot smoother than I thought they would but are not without some amount of blemishing. This most definitely should have been a printed piece imo. Makes for a great display piece.

Next up I did the AT-AP Walker (75043), not a UCS model, but a truly enjoyable set to build and one that also makes for a great display. Some excellent minifigs included. You could argue that certain parts, such as the underside might look a little sparse, but overall the look of this model is really impressive, and the technical design elements involved in forming the "skeletal" structure very impressive, this thing stands on two legs with remarkable sturdiness. Another TECHNIC-under-the-hood build here, and that blend of techniques in the building process is something I very much appreciated.

I'd still love to do the UCS Tumbler as well, regardless of reports of it being very look but don't touch, on account of many delicately connected substructures. The thing is a freaking beast! Anyone done this one yet, how did you find it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'd still love to do the UCS Tumbler as well, regardless of reports of it being very look but don't touch, on account of many delicately connected substructures. The thing is a freaking beast! Anyone done this one yet, how did you find it?

Yup here's mine that I built over Christmas, great build. Took about 4 days on & off building. It is quite brittle in places & it's fecking huge! Well worth it!

lwQpDci.jpg?1

Cheers for the photo mate, I Deffo want that set, looks the part! Wouldn't bother me if it was only a display model, I'm hardly going to be rallying the thing round the gaff!

A quick shot of the UCS X wing, not the greatest pic for detail but you get an idea. This thing is fairly big set!

2014-12-26%2002.13.47%201_1_zps7lrwezbe.jpg

• Advertisement

A quick shot of the UCS X wing, not the greatest pic for detail but you get an idea. This thing is fairly big set!

2014-12-26%2002.13.47%201_1_zps7lrwezbe.jpg

I think I just found my next set! I got a fairly decent haul over Christmas/December in general. I got:

10937 Arkham Asylum breakout
    76012 The Riddler chase
    76015 Doc Ock truck heist
    76011 Man-bat attack
    76010 The Penguin face off
    76017 Captain America vs Hydra
    70800 Getaway glider
    79006 The council of Elrond

Hi, I have news of 2015 superheroes sets.
    DC
    Jokerland will cost about €90, will have batman, robin,joker, barley, penguin, poison ivy, beastboy and starfire, along with a Michael keaton style batmobile. The batboat harbour pursuit will feature Deathstroke, batman and robin. It will cost about €25. Images can be found on Google, but I can't post them due to copyright.
    MARVEL:
    No names! One set has Sandman, no other details.The second spiderman set has a pic on Google, it will include dark suit Spiderman, Carnage and a shield agent?... There will be one set based off of the antman movie with antman, hank pym and a giant beetle. It will cost about €25.Thats all for now though!

Extra info: The Sandman set is pictured on Google, will include Sandman, rhino, spiderman and a four armed mech spider guy. This set will be €60. Images attached have no copyrights, and are therefore Ok to be posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

The last fig looks like the Iron Spider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The two Spiderman sets contain the following minifigures between them:

Spiderman (Miles Morales), SHIELD agent, Carnage, Iron Spider, Spiderman, Rhino, and Sandman. Apparently there will also be a new Green Goblin minifigure in one of the 'Juniors' sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

That first image is by Muddy River Figs on eBay.

We are also getting a winter soldier polybag,it may be released in April with the AoU sets

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    We are also getting a winter soldier polybag,it may be released in April with the AoU sets

Also

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »

Also a joker bumper car polybag is on the way. Lego marvel superheroes 2 is set to release in October, so more sets are definitely coming in 2016. Jurassic world has me psyched!

Yeah it's a pity it's not an alternate joker,here is my custom pad printed superheroes to date:
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/p_o_s_t_y/16177119388/

• Advertisement

More 2015 polybag news!
    1. Spiderman super jumper: spidey,drone, super jumper piece
    2. AoU Quinjet
    3. Electro amazing spiderman 2: until now was very scarce, coming to toys r us for £3, much like the rocket and baby groot poly.

Advertisement