Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were Matt Talbot. . .

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I'd heard the name before and knew he was something to do with alcos but i didn't really know his story. I've just googled him there and whatever he came to it certainly wasn't his senses. It's just typical addict behaviour of swapping one addiction for another and fooling themselves into thinking they're cured.
    Looking at his story, starvation, wearing tight chains around his body, sleeping on a plank - he'd have been better off on the scoops.
    Mother theresa would have loved this fúckwit!

Well ya kinda clipped my post there.

His story may be a bit deeper than "****wit".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

chughes wrote: »
    We all know, as atheists or agnostics, the self flagellation is a sign of insanity.

Or, maybe MT was so ugly that he had to do an S&M DIY jobie due to being unable to find a partner.
    Maybe self flag was code for the S&M club the RCC was running.

If I were MT I'd open a bottle of Chateau Margaux 1982, set it on the table in front of me and let it turn to vinegar while I drank water.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Beruthiel wrote: »
    If I were MT I'd open a bottle of Chateau Margaux 1982, set it on the table in front of me and let it turn to vinegar while I drank water.

Who am I kidding?
    I wouldn't last 0.01 seconds if a bottle like that was set in front of me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd force myself to watch Deception on TV3. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Beruthiel wrote: »

Too far Beruthiel, too far :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Surely if Bru were Matt Talbot she'd drink Blue Nun all the time?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sarky wrote: »
    Surely if Bru were Matt Talbot she'd drink Blue Nun all the time?

so many possible risque jokes but I am Matt Talbot so shall not make them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Sarky wrote: »
    Who indeed.

Well if that's the leadership shown by a mod of this forum then it speaks volumes about that person.

On a side note, I had no clue who Matt Talbot is or was until this thread. Reformed alco who found god, riveting Friday night conversation alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You're not obliged to read this thread, never mind post in it Jank, if it's not up to your high standards.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

But... he couldn't whine in them then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

jank wrote: »
    Well if that's the leadership shown by a mod of this forum then it speaks volumes about that person.

On a side note, I had no clue who Matt Talbot is or was until this thread. Reformed alco who found god, riveting Friday night conversation alright.

No problem.

Although, he's realistically a fruitbar, the church considered him saintly. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

jank wrote: »

Sarky is a mod of this forum??? :confused:

Dispute Resolution is going to be gridlocked! :cool:

I never get posters complaining about me in there.

Well, not since ISAW.

<grin>

Advertisement