Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Did you add the 0 on at the end by mistake?

Console, Game, Classic Pro Pad set, not just the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just got offered a MH3 Wii U sealed with the receipt for €350, is that a good price?

Yes & No. Yes because it will cost you more anywhere else. No because the Wii U has been a massive flop so far and there is simply no games to play on it. It's not worth €99 at the moment. I would wait until after E3 to see what Nintendo has in store for the Wii U (no Zelda announcement would be a disaster).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Also you could have the WiiU Premium for £200 from Asda which is about €237
    You could get the controller for €22 in Currys if they're still doing it
    Monster Hunter will set you back between €40-€60 depending on where you go, and bear in mind you can trade in NintendoLand from your Premium Pack to offset the damage.
    So, you've spent a max €319 and the only thing you're missing is the box that has a Monster Hunter graphic on it. And you've got an extra game. Next you head to Zavvi or The Hut and get DarkSiders II for between 12 and 17 euro. That leaves you with about €20 which is just enough to pick up Assassin's Creed III, Batman Arkham City or The Sonic the Hedgehog kart racing game.

All in all, if you can shop online you can do a lot better, but it's a lot of shopping around, long delivery times and watching the prices oscillate. But is it worth it? That depends on how you feel about only ever getting to play first party Nintendo games, UbiSoft releases and indie Unity games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Console, Game, Classic Pro Pad set, not just the game.

Oh, then no.
    Isn't the console like 200 euro in gamestop?
    I think that's the price I saw last week when I was in there (for white).
    Might have been the trade-in price now that I think of it.

Game is 60, pro pad is 40 online, both probably cheaper if you shopped around.
    Yes & No. Yes because it will cost you more anywhere else. No because the Wii U has been a massive flop so far and there is simply no games to play on it. It's not worth €99 at the moment. I would wait until after E3 to see what Nintendo has in store for the Wii U (no Zelda announcement would be a disaster).
    2 Zeldo's were already announced for it.
    Along with 3D Mario, and all the other standard Nintendo games.
    Excluding metroid of course, but it's only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

/\/ollog wrote: »
    2 Zeldo's were already announced for it.
    Along with 3D Mario, and all the other standard Nintendo games.
    Excluding metroid of course, but it's only a matter of time.
    All a ways off.
    You could just easily wait for a better deal to come along, if not even an official price drop.

• Advertisement

All a ways off.
    You could just easily wait for a better deal to come along, if not even an official price drop.
    Windwaker remake is coming by christmas, might be a good time for a deal then, assuming nintendo don't pull it back in time and get all the children of europe interested in santa delivering a load of u's.

FIFA 13 has dropped 5 quid to £18.99 on Amazon.co.uk.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A76KA34/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Elligible for Super Saver if you can find something for £6.01 or more that you want. Shinobi, Bit Trip or Ghost Recon on the 3DS perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I got the basic 8gb model of amazon for €188 you get zombie u with it for a extra €25 optional .IT took only 2 day to arrive ,i probably buy ps4 of them to just not at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Wii u gone back up to full price 8GB wii u 199 pounds on asda and 234 pounds on amazon luck I got it for 149 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's not even full price. It's still £50 off the original price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone know of good deals on the Wii U Pro Controller anywhere?
    Can just find it full price so far.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Assassin's creed 3 is currently £15.99 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone know of good deals on the Wii U Pro Controller anywhere?
    Can just find it full price so far.

Thanks

On the lookout for one myself today. Have a champions league pub night followed by a nights session of FIFA with three Xbox playing lads. Do they have them in smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just Dance 4 is €24.99 in Smyths new for Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Assassin's creed 3 is currently £15.99 on Amazon

Never played an AC game. Are they any good?

Dunno. Neither have I. It has pretty good reviews and at that price I'm going to take a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Super Metroid is 30c on the eShop at the mo, not sure if it was mentioned already or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

EnterNow wrote: »
    Super Metroid is 30c on the eShop at the mo, not sure if it was mentioned already or not

Thats for everyone right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

cloud493 wrote: »
    Thats for everyone right?

Everyone with a Wii U anyway :D

• Advertisement

It's for everyone, no strings other than the limited time. It's part of their VC launch, 6 titles over 6 months for 30c. There's one left, should be out around the 20th of June.

Note, if you've purchased a vc title on Wii already you can also upgrade to Wiiu version for a discounted price, backing and there's a discount off 2 Kirby snes titles if you bought the nes Kirby game (for 30c in april/may)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

they are very good. and you dont have to have played previous ones to enjoy it. there is an overall story arc but the main part of the game is a brand new story in AC3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

Any good wii u console deals these days folks?

Cheapest I've seen after a few searches seems to be amazon - basic package for £209

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

The cheapest it's been so far is £150 for the basic and £200 for the premium.

Keep an eye out on hukd for offers.

The best I found was this:

Wii u basic + Tekken Tag 2 for £180

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

The cheapest it's been so far is £150 for the basic and £200 for the premium.

Keep an eye out on hukd for offers.

The best I found was this:

Wii u basic + Tekken Tag 2 for £180

Thanks for that Martin.

So has anyone ordered from shopto.net and if so what are they like?

Zombi U has dropped to £19.99 on Zavvi
    If you order it now they should have it to you by Christmas!
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/zombiu-wii-u/10616853.html

Banjo wrote: »

It's 6p more on Amazon at £20.05 : clicky linky
    Might be a better option...

Nah, man - There's something magical about the price when it drops below £20.00. It wouldn't be the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »

Seriously, dont order from zavvi, still waiting on my delivery of RE:Revelations for the Wii U, it was posted to me on the 22nd and the customer service is no help at all! I know you're meant to give it 30 days but the courier company say 14 days and that was last Tuesday.

I ordered Donkey Kong at the same time, they sent that to me 3 days after they sent Resy, got DKCR3D it last friday but still no sign of resy :mad:.

Terrible company, go with amazon!!!!

• Advertisement

Seriously, dont order from zavvi, still waiting on my delivery of RE:Revelations for the Wii U, it was posted to me on the 22nd and the customer service is no help at all! I know you're meant to give it 30 days but the courier company say 14 days and that was last Tuesday.

I ordered Donkey Kong at the same time, they sent that to me 3 days after they sent Resy, got DKCR3D it last friday but still no sign of resy :mad:.

Terrible company, go with amazon!!!!

I wouldn't call them terrible.
    After 28 days they'll email you a form to sign and you'll get your game sent again.
    I wouldn't pre-order from them anymore though.
    Their delivery has gotten much worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement