Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

ZombiU showing at £23 on amazon at the moment

Also, according to HUKD you can pre-order Injustice for about £40 and get a free Arkham City (which is worth £15—19 on its own, here they're effectively giving it to you for a tenner vs other offers)

http://m.thehut.com/games-wii-u/injustice-gods-among-us-includes-batman-arkham-city-game-of-the-year-edition/10793598.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

ZombiU showing at £23 on amazon at the moment
    Had a look there, still at £23 but says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 4 weeks." which is not so great

...then you should have looked on Friday when I said it :)

Fifa 13 and Mass Effect were in the Zavvi Super Monday MegaDeal Bonanza Prices reduced-by-up-to-5p thing they do every week when I checked it last night, but surprisingly they were at a decent price, both at around £23 with a 10% off code to bring them down to £21 if anyone's interested. All the launch shovelware was in there too in case you're a completist. Rabbids down to 12 or 13 I think but metacritic reviews suggest it's not worth that kind of money. The prices on the headsets looked like they hadn't been discounted at all through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Had a look there, still at £23 but says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 4 weeks." which is not so great

Doesnt always mean that much. They could have stock sitting in Ireland ready to go...has happened to me several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭Nollog

Indie games on sale on the eShop today (Both 3DS and Wii U).
    If you don't have Trine 2, buy it now.
    Also features, the cave for 9 euro, which I'm just finishing installing now.

http://www.videogamesuncovered.com/news/nintendo-celebrate-indie-development-with-european-wii-u-3ds-eshop-sale.html
    This sale will run from Thursday 11th April until 25th April, except for Trine 2: Director's Cut, which will run until 30th April.

Wii U:
    • Little Inferno – €4.49/£4.49 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
    • Nano Assault Neo – €6.49/£5.99 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
    • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – €7.49/£6.75 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
    • Puddle – €6.99/£6.29 (Was €9.99/£8.99)
    • The Cave – €8.99/£7.99 (Was €12.99/£9.99)
    • Toki Tori 2 – €13.49/£11.69 (Was €14.99/£12.99)
    • Trine 2: Director’s Cut – €8.49/£6.99 (Was €16.99/£13.99) – Till 30th April

Nintendo 3DS:
    • Mutant Mudds – €5.99/£5.39 (Was €8.99/£8.09)
    • Mighty Switch Force! – €4.49/£4.09 (Was €5.99/£5.39)
    • Art of Balance TOUCH! – €4.99/£4.49 (Was €6.99/£6.29)
    • Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH! – €3.49/£3.19 (Was €4.99/£4.49)
    • Gunman Clive – €1.49/£1.49 (Was €1.99/£1.49)
    • Dress To Play: Cute Witches! – €1.99/£1.79 (Was €3.99/£3.59)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Cave was one of this months free games on PS+, had planned on getting it for the Wii U but not anymore

Picked up Trine 2, missed it by minutes last time it was on sale. There have been a few sales recently, suggests that maybe Nintendo are starting to realise that adding 20% to bricks and mortar retail prices is not really going to take a big bite out of any market and certainly isn't much of an incentive for people to break out of the buy-trade in-buy cycle, so I'll hold out for the Cave to drop further I think :)

Bought Trine 2 and Toki Tori 2 :)

Kirby's Adventure (NES VC Game) is 30 cent on the eShop.

Fifa 13 is down to £26 on amazon, and is currently in stock. Not the cheapest its been but it's Amazon : at least you know it will be delivered during your own lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CastorTroy wrote: »

Do you need parcel motel for this or do they ship to ireland?

I used Parcel Motel when I got my Wii U from them. They keep restocking so they should be getting more premiums in and maybe bundles once the restock games. I know I was waiting for new copies of Mario before I ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

wow that's a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wish they would price match the premium one! :D Looks like MH3 Bundle went sky high in price too :mad:. I was keeping an eye on that bundle and its price drop. Not going to happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I wish they would price match the premium one! :D Looks like MH3 Bundle went sky high in price too :mad:. I was keeping an eye on that bundle and its price drop. Not going to happen..

To be honest with you at that price I'd probably just get the basic (unless you absolutely hate white). The only real difference is the premium has 32GB of storage while the basic has 8gb. You'll probably need an external hard drive either way. If you really want Nintendo Land, it's less than £27 on Amazon, which is the other difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm gonna be at asda tomorrow. So ****ing tempted.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be at asda tomorrow. So ****ing tempted.

Think online only. I was in Asda before I bought mine, with the intention of getting it, but it was its normal price. But you never know.

Was in Asda a couple weeks ago and saw Assassin's Creed 3 there for £15. Was in a rush so didn;t get it. May get it tomorrow if still the same price. Or maybe wait for a complete version with the Washington episodes included.

Tank! Tank! Tank! Is currently free to download. It doesn't say it on the home page of the eshop, but when you click it, it's free. I've just kicked off my download. Fingers crossed that it's not a mistake!

• Advertisement

Tank! Tank! Tank! Is currently free to download. It doesn't say it on the home page of the eshop, but when you click it, it's free. I've just kicked off my download. Fingers crossed that it's not a mistake!

It's always free, same with the pinball game. Tx3 gives you limited plays and modes which you can pay to expand on. The pinball one gives you no tables, with demos and paid full tables as dlc

It launched at a price on disc, and went free to play months ago here.
    It went free to play last week in America so people will probably just hear about it now, which is kinda funny.

Ah.... Ok....

Ah.... Ok....

Also its local multiplayer only, a crying shame as this had the potential to be huge fun otherwise

I'm sure anyone who's going to pick it up has done so by now but Darksiders II is now under a (n english) tenner on Zavvi as part of their Mega Monday deal:
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/darksiders-ii-death-lives-wii-u/10481347.html
    ...which is pretty insulting given it's a pretty good game.

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm sure anyone who's going to pick it up has done so by now but Darksiders II is now under a (n english) tenner on Zavvi as part of their Mega Monday deal:
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/darksiders-ii-death-lives-wii-u/10481347.html
    ...which is pretty insulting given it's a pretty good game.

Is it free shipping to Ireland with Zavvi?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It is yeah, got it from there myself when it was 18, great game, even if I have been getting the ragequits recently :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

I see that the Wii u pro controller is down to £26 on amazon . not as cheap as the guys that got it for €22.99 in currys but still better than gamestop/smyths.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Pro-Controller-Black/dp/B009ACALCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1367957625&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just got offered a MH3 Wii U sealed with the receipt for €350, is that a good price?

• Advertisement

Just got offered a MH3 Wii U sealed with the receipt for €350, is that a good price?

Did you add the 0 on at the end by mistake?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement