Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 x chicken fillets = €8, inch and a 1/4 thick striploin steak =€3.69 & more !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What irks me is that they can buy in Dutch/Thai/Other chicken fillets, put breadcrumbs on them here (processing) and them call them an Irish product !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

vicwatson wrote: »
    What irks me is that they can buy in Dutch/Thai/Other chicken fillets, put breadcrumbs on them here (processing) and them call them an Irish product !

That's not the worst of it.

If a processor purchases a Kilo of chicken for €1 from anywhere in the world..... then adds 40% to the resale price.... Boom! you have yourself some Irish chicken.

All completely within the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

There are a lot of butchers out there passing off Dutch/Thai/other as Irish fillets.:mad:

They're definitely breasts. Not thighs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

YourName wrote: »
    Branigans in rosemount industraial estate blancharddtown is the best in my opinion, always thought the prices were really good (don't have anything to hand right now) and always give good cooking advice.

I buy my chicken fillets in bulk with them and freeze them, about 30, works out with more chicken for less money, so would recommend any day.

Will look at prices properly later and see if it really is a great deal i am getting

Not everything there is Irish though - so if you care where it comes from make sure you read the label. I got a huge strip of (irish) sirloin there last week to try for €7 odd and it was lovely so will be going back for more since I work in the bus. park next door ;) Also got some lamb breast for the dog and he was delighted lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭sungear

Just to fill you all in, on the topic of chicken fillets: my local butcher, in Dublin, is involved with a farmers group, and they have chicken fillets which they will be selling shortly.
    I'll keep you in the loop.

Any news on that?
    uch wrote: »
    Where is the Butchers ?

I was wondering too
    McLoughlin Butchers in Ballyfermot and the Mill Centre Clondalkin do 10 extra large Irish chicken fillets for €10.

Are they Irish or processed to turn them into Irish, how do does anyone know, butchers dont usually have them prepacked and even if they are how do you know?
    I say this on the basis that Im looking to find a butchers that either cuts the meat themselves or gets it from somewhere that it is known where it comes from. You would think it is in a businesses interest to just say whats what, if you like the look of the prices of foreign produced meat, ok, if not then what is the price of the traceable stuff produced in Ireland/nearer afield.
    I would like to stop buying in Tescos.
    There are a lot of butchers out there passing off Dutch/Thai/other as Irish fillets.:mad:

I've wondered, simply how would you know?

Anyone know any place that makes a point of providing traceable preferably Irish meat? Anywhere in western Dublin, as Id plan on buying in bulk and freezing it.
    Or even if it can be sourced from butchers that have deals with farmers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ok so how much is this PER KG?

Advertisement