Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next gen console yay or nay

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

o1s1n wrote: »
    It comes down to a cost thing with myself. Why pay €600 for a new PS3 on release and €60-€70 for games when they'll be a fraction of the price a few years later?

Same here (new console+10 games)=(candy cab) You wouldn't see a grand going on a new console and a few games over a year or so. There's great value to be had in good games for the ps2 brand new and even better second hand. May have to invest in a new PS2 as my one is starting to throw up disk errors:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I reckon I'll be playing my PS3 for a long time yet, I still haven't finished playing all the wii Games in my pile of shame.

the more I think about the forthcoming consoles the more I start thinking that a gaming PC might be a better bet, Steam seems to get better and better every time I look.

Oh and a WiiU for the Ninty exclusives of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

It's sad in way really though.

This current generation is the last of the custom designed consoles as we know them, no more Emotion Engines, CELLs or even that lovable duo Tom & Jerry.

All the next gen stuff (PS4, XBOX ??, Steam Box) is effectively PC technology at the core with a few frills added to help differentiate them. Should make life easier for developers but what will fanbois rant about now ?

Poor 'ol IBM, gone for supplying every processor in this generation (and most of the last one) to chucking out a few to keep WiiU in production..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

It's sad in way really though.

This current generation is the last of the custom designed consoles as we know them, no more Emotion Engines, CELLs or even that lovable duo Tom & Jerry.

All the next gen stuff (PS4, XBOX ??, Steam Box) is effectively PC technology at the core with a few frills added to help differentiate them. Should make life easier for developers but what will fanbois rant about now ?

Poor 'ol IBM, gone for supplying every processor in this generation (and most of the last one) to chucking out a few to keep WiiU in production..

Forgot about that one, feck the PC I'll just have one of those so.

Advertisement