Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

No, they're both from the same scheduled mid-week round.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

How does that work then? Amazon don’t have this game (or any game from this round) in the U.K.?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Only kopping United on PS1 tonight - happy days

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Efan Ekoku and Pien Meulensteen commentating - a quick Google reveals both work on the world feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Acosta

FFS I didn't even know this was on and made other plans. I would have at least recorded it, If I had known. They really need to start using social media. I even checked the schedule yesterday and there was nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would say so.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the Premier Sports URC coverage is now absolutely bare-bones minimum. There is no longer any pre-match analysis, the programmes starts pretty much right before kickoff. There's no half-time analysis, the half time is just a solid 15 minute block of ads, the overwhelming majority of which are ads for Premier Sports and one or two betting companies. And then at the end of the game it just ends.

No studio, no presenters. Just commentators.

I can't remember how many years of rights they have left, but they seem to be doing the absolute minimum to meet their contract right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I was surprised to see they had a studio for some of the football over the Xmas/new year.

Some of it was as you describe (world feed comms, no panel etc, even the half time highlights had no comms) but at least two games had a presenter and panellists (Neil Lennon and someone else who’d have had to travel to be on it so not the cheapest option)

Yeah there was presentation with Eoin McDevitt for the evening games over the past couple of weeks. With the URC I suspect you’ll see live presentations resume eventually but you have to remember all their existing crew moved to Viaplay and they basically have to start again.

FA Cup Third Round picks (all Prem 1)

Man United v Everton Fri 8pm

Saturday

Spurs v Portsmouth 12:30pm

Blackpool v Not’m Forest 3pm

Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle 6pm

Liverpool v Wolves 8pm

Sun

Cardiff v Leeds 2pm

Man City v Chelsea 4pm

Oxford v Arsenal Mon 8pm

The good news: Premier can now show ITV games, so no more messing about with Manual Tuning (or not available at all on cable). URC fans, your games are on Prem 2. Incredibly they’ve also managed to squeeze five LaLiga games in there too. The bad news is that there’s just one Top14 game in the schedule.

But still, it’s probably the busiest weekend of live sport on Premier in a while.

Post edited by icdg on

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

Not so good though for the Rugby fan who wants to view Munster V Lions in English live, it's been bumped to a deferred showing on PS1 at 10:30pm due to FA Cup. Of course still live on TG4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Interestingly Premier Sport's live soccer is not now being geo blocked here in N. Ireland.

While neither channel is on the Sky epg they can be manually added.

Anyone point me to their schedule on the internet as when I type it in search button Viaplay comes up?

It’s live on Premier 2? (Edit. That’s what Sky EPG says. Entertainment.ie saying Dragons v Blue Bulls).

Also showing on Saturday Treviso v Ulster (1pm), Connacht v Sharks (5:15pm), Ospreys v Leinster (7:35pm), on Sunday, Glasgow v Stormers (3pm) and Montpellier v Racing (8:05pm). So plenty on the rugby side too albiet fans of the French league may be disappointed to see only one game.

There are three URC fixtures not televised (Dragons v Blue Bulls (or maybe Munster v Golden Lions), Edinburgh v Zebre, Cardiff v Scarlets).

@Digifriendly www.entertainment.ie is only online source now I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's also clear in Britain so I can't imagine it will last too long. The Premier League or the FA won't be happy with 3pm games going out live to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭swoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Looking at the Sky EPG using skygo and it's showing Premier Sports 2 will have the game live this evening URC.tv will have the game also

I guess, as is sometime typical of Premier Sports, turn on the tv at 7:30pm and see which game they show? It’s an awful way to treat subscribers paying €40 a month for their channel though. At least it will be on TG4 if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

From reading about this on Digital Spy there is the opinion that neither PL nor FA will worry too much as so few viewers will know how to access Premier channels since they are not on the Sky Epg. It's techno nerds like me who are interested in these kinds of things.

Also there seems to be some technical difficulty about geo blocking Premier now after their demise in the UK and that doing so could possibly block out the channels in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It may have been the cause of the recent “you must be subscribed” messages that satellite viewers were greeted with for some games

Very odd, end of days feel to it all

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

Thanks guys, yes that seems to be a change since last night when it was showing Dragons v Bulls.

Incidentally (should any ice hockey fans be interested) I’ve just checked and the reverse is also true - Sky ROI viewers with Sports Extra entitlement can manually tune and view the Viaplay channels.

• Advertisement

Viaplay 1 - 11686 V 23.0 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

Viaplay 2 - 11082 H 22.0 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

for those interested

Post edited by icdg on

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Frequency correction. For Viaplay 2 HD it is 11,082 and not 11,802. All other details are correct. If anyone is interested in Viaplay XTRA HD the details are 11,426V, 29.5, 8/9, DVB-S2, QPSK. This is also available to Sky Sports Extra ROI subscribers.

Thanks, typo corrected. I had forgotten about Viaplay Xtra (but from what I hear, so have Viaplay!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Looks like they're showing the ITV coverage including the prematch of the game tonight. I presume its going to be like that for all of ITVs games this weekend on Premier 1

Fwiw it is indeed Munster v Lions on Prem 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Strange to see, they’d hard stream a feed from BBC aswell? 🥴

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The 3pm game will be bare bones coverage so.

It normally has been in the past in the FA Cup anyway, it’s not normally the top tie anyway.

if I were to hazard a guess. Liverpool v Wolves and Cardiff v Leeds have slots which are long enough to have studio coverage, both are possibly not coincidentally ITV ties.

Odd seeing the ITV feed used rather than the world feed. I do remember eir sport back in the day took some fully branded ITV sport coverage but I think it was mainly darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Acosta

Happy to see PS using the ITV coverage, instead of the generic world feed. Their football coverage is decent enough these day's.

Advertisement