Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Bowe's Bodycheck

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't know about that, I thought the whole family structure thing was brilliant and showed the support he had, I couldn't imagine my father driving me to a trial and then have my mother follow down separately afterwards. It was also great at keeping him grounded, as Neil3030 said, I don't know if there's another back in world rugby that could have done that program and come across as a genuinely nice guy.

Chris Ashton would nail it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Henson , Austin Healey,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

really interesting in so many ways. The imbalance between his left and right sides was mad. You could see in the games how many of his breaks came off the power of a step off his right side which you'd think isn't something he'd want advertised. not that if you knew you could stop him anyway.
    Good point about the AB's shorts and tops same colour so hard to focus on core.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

shaungil wrote: »
    really interesting in so many ways. The imbalance between his left and right sides was mad. You could see in the games how many of his breaks came off the power of a step off his right side which you'd think isn't something he'd want advertised. not that if you knew you could stop him anyway.
    Good point about the AB's shorts and tops same colour so hard to focus on core.

*sung* "My hips don't lie and I'm starting to feel just right."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paulmacr

Great Documentary just shows us what athletes like that commit when going professional and knowing that at any moment they could get an injury and suddenly there career is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That last injury looked fricken awful....9G all on a stationary knee...ow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Just watched this on the RTE player - great doco. If I was a chick I would seriously dig Tommie, as it is I felt a bit of a mancrush. One of my fav Irish players to watch over the years. Ulster fans, when is Tommie due back please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I know the family. All of them are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

Swiwi wrote: »
    Just watched this on the RTE player - great doco. If I was a chick I would seriously dig Tommie, as it is I felt a bit of a mancrush. One of my fav Irish players to watch over the years. Ulster fans, when is Tommie due back please?

Don't blame you dude. Hate to be one of those female rugby fans who lusts over the players (do I really though?), but he is seriously gorgeous alright. The whole package, as they say. :D

I have heard he's due back sometime in April, have also read he won't be fit for the Sarries game so I'm guessing it's going to be late April? Will be awesome to have him back for the end of the season anyway.

And darnit I really wanted to watch this but RTE are informing me it's not available in my region. I'll hold out faint hope it will be uploaded to youtube one day...

• Administrators Posts: 53,543 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tommy Bowe's accent makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Good show though, interesting to watch how much science is involved.

• Advertisement

MolBee wrote: »
    Don't blame you dude. Hate to be one of those female rugby fans who lusts over the players (do I really though?), but he is seriously gorgeous alright. The whole package, as they say. :D

I have heard he's due back sometime in April, have also read he won't be fit for the Sarries game so I'm guessing it's going to be late April? Will be awesome to have him back for the end of the season anyway.

And darnit I really wanted to watch this but RTE are informing me it's not available in my region. I'll hold out faint hope it will be uploaded to youtube one day...

Found this

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

Grimebox wrote: »

Class. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

hey,

Im studying sports in college and have an exam which the lecturuer said you must explain 3 sports science innovations from this video. Does anyone have any idea what they are? I haven't seen the vid and its gone now

Its a bit ridiculous that your lecturer is asking you to do an assignment on a video that isn't freely available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

fireflys wrote: »
    hey,

Im studying sports in college and have an exam which the lecturuer said you must explain 3 sports science innovations from this video. Does anyone have any idea what they are? I haven't seen the vid and its gone now

I can only tell you a few things that came up. Maybe you can research info on them.

1 was the Alter G treadmill. It's an anti-gravity treadmill that allowed him to run at a percentage of his body weight.

2 was this thing called Optigait which is where they put like reflective balls on his calf and a bar on the floor to measure how much power he had in each leg when jumping.

3 was this virtual reality simulator, where they put this headset/goggles on him and it simulated a rugby pitch with an opposing player. He had reflective infrared balls all over him to detect his movements. This was done in Queens University.

http://optogait.com/
    http://www.alterg.com/
    http://www.qub.ac.uk/research-centres/MovementInnovationLab/News/Title,377075,en.html

This video will explain the virtual simulator.

....Maybe I should just do your project.*

*To avoid causing offence to others who might read this. This is what's called a light-hearted joke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Don't forget about the kit bit as well, no definition around the hips while having bright colours on the feet and hands

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hagz wrote: »

....Maybe I should just do your project..

That's a bit unfair now. The fella hadn't seen it so how would he have known what equipment was mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

That's a bit unfair now. The fella hadn't seen it so how would he have known what equipment was mentioned?

.........it was a joke chap. Ya know? I saw that I posted a lot and thought to myself I'm basically doing the project. And then joked that maybe I should just do the whole thing for him, not because I doubted his ability to do it, but because I had......Oh forget it. Christ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hagz wrote: »
    .........it was a joke chap. Ya know? I saw that I posted a lot and thought to myself I'm basically doing the project. And then joked that maybe I should just do the whole thing for him, not because I doubted his ability to do it, but because I had......Oh forget it. Christ.

It's very easy for tone to be missed, no need to drag it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Fair play for the advice Hagz, I for appreciated your subtle humour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Watched the show, thought all the technical stuff was excellent and the nutrition and evaluation they go through... superb... the family stuff though I thought was meh, wasn't needed in my opinion. Should of stuck to the body and how it works etc... not jibber jabber around his dinner table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

Thanks a lot for the advice especially hagz I really appreciate it. Now to put pen to paper ;)

Advertisement