Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture of Robert Thompson and John Venables (Jamie Bulgers Killers) on facebook

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I fully expect pictures of Jamie Bulger's ma commenting on the Thompson/Venables pics to appear soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I fully expect pictures of Jamie Bulger's ma commenting on the Thompson/Venables pics to appear soon enough.
    Swiss swooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My ex had the pic up n facebook demanded she take it down .

Does the ban on reporting their location apply to Ireland too ? The family of one of them was living here up til recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Owryan wrote: »

Does the ban on reporting their location apply to Ireland too ? The family of one of them was living here up til recently

Facebook were right to remove it. People need to move on from this, it was a horrible crime, devastating for the family but there comes a time to let the hatred go.

I think the ban applies everywhere.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pics%20of%20jamie%20bulger%20killers%20banned%20from%20public&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk%2Fcrime%2Fprobe-launched-into-twitter-photos-of-james-bulger-killer-jon-venables-8495083.html&ei=xfwoUcjYGMeBhQf0n4DwCw&usg=AFQjCNFgjWwK1vCuUIhC3O2dSOze2wxOLg

"The AGO has been alerted to a possible contempt of court. We are liaising with the MoJ (Ministry of Justice) and others to establish the facts,” a spokesman for the Attorney General's office said. "We can neither confirm nor deny whether the pictures in question are of Jon Venables. It should be noted, there is a worldwide injunction in place which prevents the publication of any images or information purporting to identify anyone as Jon Venables.''

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I think it's a very dangerous thing to be doing, sharing this photo could easily end up with someone being killed.

The guy who is supposedly Thompson in the photo is named Sean Walsh he committed a (heinous) crime in Kilkenny a few years back and bears a resemblance to thompson as a child.

As for the guys who is supposed to be venables, there are two photos going around and I don't think that they are the same guy, they look too different.

This is dangerous stuff to be messing with and I don't think people think enough to realise that by sharing these they are putting innocent peoples lives at risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    This is dangerous stuff to be messing with and I don't think people think enough to realise that by sharing these they are putting innocent peoples lives at risk.

Most of them spell using numbers. I don't think they realise much of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Owryan wrote: »

So? Are their families not allowed get on with their lives?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Advertisement