Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How worried should we be about N. Korea

Options
  • 23-02-2013 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0223/369198-north-korea-us-south-korea/

what are people opinions on this? is it all smoke with no fire or should we be buying bomb shelters?

there is a huge varience in the world wide news coverage of this at the moment which can perhaps be attributed to time difference i dont know....

just seems like this is the great threat to world peace at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dont be worried, north korea is best korea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

In response to your question , I'd like to ask how worried are North Korea about us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

We don't need to worry at all, they need to flex their muscles now and then towards the World Police USA. They are not stupid enough to try and launch any attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

We don't need to worry at all, they need to flex their muscles now and then towards the World Police USA. They are not stupid enough to try and launch any attack.

This is the bit that I'm wondering about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

We're neutral, be grand. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

It has to be stepping up now that there making threatening phone calls :-) wonder do they have meteor talk & text there..

Pac Rim-su gave the message by phone to Gen James Thurman, commander of US Forces Korea, KCNA news agency said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

we should be more worried about the real global terrorists..united states of america!this is only the tip of the iceberg. we are only findin out recently how close we were to full nuclear war between ussr and u.s during the cold war. id be more worried about what ya dont hear about in the news.. if thats possible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Nothing to worry about.

Our beloved leader is just feeling a ronery right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

More worried I'll die falling out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

really interestin doc if ye havent seen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mn-1LuLhrw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

El Spearo wrote: »

Wouldnt worry in the slightest about it. Usual splutter from them. As the earlier poster said they are isolated and appear to have no fear, but they are not stupid.

They would be annhilated, carpet bombed from all directions out of existence. Their so called super army wouldnt even get a chance to fire on an opposing soldier.

I think the Russians and Chinese wouldn't intervene either as their patience is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

When I am too drunk Mrs Mattjack used make me sleep on the floor , not because she was afraid I'd be hurt falling out of the bed , more that the noise of me hitting the floor would wake her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Military society or not the USA would wipe out the entire country in a matter of days. Their Generals know that, remember that the 29 year old Un is only a figure head. The country is controlled by military figures, a politburo in the design of the USSR if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

We have America ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Wait for all the references to South Park movie..... Boring move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*Worry only about those things you have some control over*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Dont a nuclear warhead fired from korea cant reach us anyway and the US has got a missile defense system which will shoot any missile down. Its the same one used by Israel in Gaza war last year and it looked pretty good at shooting down missiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

If North Korea is a rational state, no bother.

If North Korea is an irrational state, plenty bother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Dont worry

Enda will sort it lads

*****nothing to see here.move on*****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

irishgeo wrote: »
    Dont a nuclear warhead fired from korea cant reach us anyway and the US has got a missile defense system which will shoot any missile down. Its the same one used by Israel in Gaza war last year and it looked pretty good at shooting down missiles.

you should watch this and see what a nuclear power can actually do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiPgsesupDQ

it doesnt have to reach us at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0223/369198-north-korea-us-south-korea/

what are people opinions on this? is it all smoke with no fire or should we be buying bomb shelters?

Buy a bomb shelter. Considering the long standing disagreements that Ireland and North Korea have, we should all be worried that they might attack. The Guiness embargo only made it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

North Korea only harms itself ... They just want to keep their own people under fear and control, they know they don't have the technology to take on the West, they just want their own people to think they can - feeding into the myth they have created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think the most disturbing thing about Kim's death was they said south korea only know about it when it was reported on north koreas tv network. They had no intelligence in north korea.

But I don't see n korea as a threat. They can't even get a satellite into space. So I highly doubt they can build a functioning weapon. So weird considering south Korea has some of the biggest electronics companies in the world LG, samsung

But I feel sorry for people. Millions are starving and likely dying of hunger cause a dicators desire for a nuclear weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Somewhere between not and absolutely petrified.

At the moment, I'm a little panicky. Elevated heartbeat, jumping at little things, rash judgements being made.

Not about Korea though. I don't know what I'm panicky over, and that's making me paranoid.

Nice one, OP. Now I'm panicky and paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

They are not going to bomb us so I am not too worried.America will blow them up if they get too dangerous.
    I think China will let them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

About as worried as we should have been about Saddam Hussein.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

we should be more worried about the real global terrorists..united states of america!this is only the tip of the iceberg. we are only findin out recently how close we were to full nuclear war between ussr and u.s during the cold war. id be more worried about what ya dont hear about in the news.. if thats possible

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

Could we sell them one of the nama sites, id say they would pay top dollar, to have camp in europe...........Are we in europe..........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Just the usual bollox.
    Nothings gonna happen

Advertisement