Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 trt01

cronin_j wrote: »
    Might be worth looking at this.

No, just no. Do you actually believe in this BS???!!!

Here's a hint, once scientists discovered that things actually worked, they were grouped as 'medicines', the stuff that didn't work (at all, or needed refined) is what you get conned (if you're stupid) into buying at supp and holistic shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

trt01 wrote: »
    And you're an authority on the endocrine system and necessity of trt?

If you would perhaps educate yourself a tad, you'd realise that trt replaces at scored physiological levels NOT supra physiological, and hence no benefits other than constant levels.

When you've actually walked the path on your ignorant statements, then you possibly try to input something constructive..........until then, you've no idea what you're talking about kiddo

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clark2014

Are you on it?

No but I have used it under medical supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Clark2014 wrote: »
    No but I have used it under medical supervision.

Temporarily? Do you no longer need it?

Mellor wrote: »
    Temporarily? Do you no longer need it?

No I got very limited benefit from it. But after I had a 2nd injection of TRT I noticed no effects what soever.

I took it for medical reasons but for many people it is now becoming a "lifestyle drug".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Don't sleep for 50+ hours, get blood tested, bingo

top madra wrote: »
    Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here what go, what? Providing medical fact v silly little boys? Not much of a contest..........

No I got very limited benefit from it. But after I had a 2nd injection of TRT I noticed no effects what soever.

I took it for medical reasons but for many people it is now becoming a "lifestyle drug".
    Can you provide details? What exactly were the benefits you needed/sought?

What ester/product? What was the administration protocol?

I find this a tad strange, not in an argumentative basis but in a physiological basis.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Don't sleep for 50+ hours, get blood tested, bingo
    Absolute rubbish, sorry to burst your bubble.

Can you provide details? What exactly were the benefits you needed/sought?

What ester/product? What was the administration protocol?

I find this a tad strange, not in an argumentative basis but in a physiological basis.

I took nebido for a hormonal problem. It did not fix the problem but it did improve my mental state other than that I got no real benefits from it.

I think middle eged men are the ones who get the most benefit from TRT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

I think middle aged men are the ones who get the most benefit from TRT.

Or those who can no longer produce their own,mind you I'm middle aged but that's just a coincidence lol

I took nebido for a hormonal problem. It did not fix the problem but it did improve my mental state other than that I got no real benefits from it.

I think middle eged men are the ones who get the most benefit from TRT.
    That's what I am on, I bet the GP didn't follow the loading protocol?

Should have been:

Nothing to do with age, testosterone is testosterone period, if it's low or missing its effect will be pronounced at any age from puberty onwards.

1st, week 1 400mg
    2nd, week 6 400mg

Then every 9-12wks depending on blood level.

You haven't stayed on it anywhere near long enough, for some strange reason Nebido steadily improves over a 6mth period for the majority.

What do you use now?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Or those who can no longer produce their own,mind you I'm middle aged but that's just a coincidence lol
    Yep very true, can be secondary through using AAS or off the shelf prohormones, or it could have been low to start with, and waning steadily.

That's what I am on, I bet the GP didn't follow the loading protocol?

Should have been:

Nothing to do with age, testosterone is testosterone period, if it's low or missing its effect will be pronounced at any age from puberty onwards.

1st, week 1 400mg
    2nd, week 6 400mg

Then every 9-12wks depending on blood level.

You haven't stayed on it anywhere near long enough, for some strange reason Nebido steadily improves over a 6mth period for the majority.

What do you use now?

I'm not on anything now. The problem with TRT is that if you take it for a long time you may need it forever. So I'm glad I didnt take it any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Trt01, you seem very defensive and very easily provoked. The last thing I want to do is rub you up the wrong way but your posts are ridiculous and ill-informed, you obviously don't know what you are talking about and I think you are bring down this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Yep very true, can be secondary through using AAS or off the shelf prohormones, or it could have been low to start with, and waning steadily.

Or through having your testicles removed,as in my case

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daithi1003

arynne wrote: »
    I can help you with this if you care to PM me. GP are very reluctant to get involved with TRT.

I got my get checked 2 months ago the doctor was reluctant as he says a lot of men ask for this test yet the Dr isn't paying for it mine came back at 4.6 which for my age 36 should be aroundc20-25 per mg I was shocked but not surprised as my libido was gone no energy so he refired me to an endocrinology dept 6 MTV's wait plus the 2 MTV's testing I'm feeling suacidal I've a 10yr old daughter I don't want to move from my house and I'm a natural size not over weight I can buy inj steroids but who knows what's in them can you help I live in south county Dublin thanks David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

daithi1003 wrote: »
    I got my get checked 2 months ago the doctor was reluctant as he says a lot of men ask for this test yet the Dr isn't paying for it mine came back at 4.6 which for my age 36 should be aroundc20-25 per mg I was shocked but not surprised as my libido was gone no energy so he refired me to an endocrinology dept 6 MTV's wait plus the 2 MTV's testing I'm feeling suacidal I've a 10yr old daughter I don't want to move from my house and I'm a natural size not over weight I can buy inj steroids but who knows what's in them can you help I live in south county Dublin thanks David
    can we resolve this though - diet, training, more sleep?

What are those three areas like for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I really hate the 'this is the appropriate level for your age group' philosophy.

I mean you get older and your eye sight fades, can I get glasses?/no fcuk you your old and don't deserve to see.

You get older and your hearing fades, can I get a hearing aid?, go fcuk yourself your old and don't deserve to hear.

I was thinking about putting a stair lift in my house as I find it tough going up and down.......No cnut your old

I need a hip replacement...no you need to hurry up.and die

It's the same story when it comes to test, there should be a optimal healthy amount used as a guide instead of well the average 60/year old has this level DERP and ya we will ignore that life expectancy has increase significantly in the last 20/years DERP and these figures haven't been revised.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

If you would perhaps educate yourself a tad, you'd realise that trt replaces at scored physiological levels NOT supra physiological, and hence no benefits other than constant levels.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject but are you saying TRT administered by ,say a doctor, will only be administered at physiological levels or that you cant increase test levels beyond what would naturally occur in the body even if you try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jocmilt

Gel works for a few hours but by the next morning your T levels are lower than before you started TRT because even at low doses the TRT shuts down your natural production. But if you are naive to other forms of therapy this may seem good, for a few hours at least until it metabolizes.

If you have a very good trans dermal absorption rate you might get away with 200mg/day in gel form. But your levels will still be doing a rollercoaster over a 24 hr period.

The injectable method is much better. No comparison. It's not at all bad and you will get used to it very quickly. With a weekly injection of testosterone cypionate you will have a fairly high level all week. Most importantly you will feel better all the time.

I don't know what your medical insurance/medical card status is but the injections are also far cheaper if that is a factor to be considered.

200mg of testosterone cypionate a week will cost you a lot less than gels. I know in France if you are injecting yourself and have insurance you can buy the tcyp for about €10 a month from the chemist. Gel packets are about €10 each and if you're slapping on four a day it's going to get expensive and a pain in the arse compare to an injection once a week that you can do in less than a minute.

You'll need to be taking this stuff under medical supervision so you can be checked for potential side effects which can be severe if not checked by a qualified medical practitioner.

I am not a doctor. These are my opinions and not medical advice. Only take medication under a doctors supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Anyone know where you can get your levels tested.... in Dublin

miller82 wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get your levels tested.... in Dublin
    Via your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

JJayoo wrote: »
    I really hate the 'this is the appropriate level for your age group' philosophy.

I mean you get older and your eye sight fades, can I get glasses?/no fcuk you your old and don't deserve to see.

You get older and your hearing fades, can I get a hearing aid?, go fcuk yourself your old and don't deserve to hear.

I was thinking about putting a stair lift in my house as I find it tough going up and down.......No cnut your old

I need a hip replacement...no you need to hurry up.and die

It's the same story when it comes to test, there should be a optimal healthy amount used as a guide instead of well the average 60/year old has this level DERP and ya we will ignore that life expectancy has increase significantly in the last 20/years DERP and these figures haven't been revised.

I don't understand this post - what exactly are you complaining about? Go to a specsavers, or to a Hidden Hearing shop, whats the fcuking problem?

I'd say GPs are telling lads to get lost because most are coming wasting their time attempting to get onto steroids. I mean, one of the original contributors to this thread was claiming he had low testosterone despite having two normal tests. What the fcuk are you doing looking for another test then?!

I don't understand this post - what exactly are you complaining about?
    Yep, you're right. You did not understand this post. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jnicolau

The way things work here in Ireland is that people need to stop accepting a less than optimal answer from their doctors. Unfortunately appointments are a bit expensive and it takes a while to find a good GP. I'm living in Ireland for 5 years but often I have to callback to Portugal to get some professional advice. I've had very strange experiences where doctors that just didn't want to do their job. It goes from refusing prescriptions for no reason to not knowing the treatments that are available to being suspicious about my intentions. On the other hand in this country, if you go to a doctor and you say that you are under a certain medication they'll just prescribe it to you. They never requested to show any tests and usually the hospitals are not keen to send copies to the GPs. So the GPs don't even bother to confirm anything and they just take your word for real. It's a big mess. Testing my Testosterone and Estrogen is the next in my to-do list. If they reject I'll happily walk away and not pay the consultation. There is no point paying to somebody that it isn't doing their work

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

jnicolau wrote: »
    The way things work here in Ireland is that people need to stop accepting a less than optimal answer from their doctors. Unfortunately appointments are a bit expensive and it takes a while to find a good GP. I'm living in Ireland for 5 years but often I have to callback to Portugal to get some professional advice. I've had very strange experiences where doctors that just didn't want to do their job. It goes from refusing prescriptions for no reason to not knowing the treatments that are available to being suspicious about my intentions. On the other hand in this country, if you go to a doctor and you say that you are under a certain medication they'll just prescribe it to you. They never requested to show any tests and usually the hospitals are not keen to send copies to the GPs. So the GPs don't even bother to confirm anything and they just take your word for real. It's a big mess. Testing my Testosterone and Estrogen is the next in my to-do list. If they reject I'll happily walk away and not pay the consultation. There is no point paying to somebody that it isn't doing their work

GPs guard against this by getting you to pay before you go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jnicolau

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    GPs guard against this by getting you to pay before you go in.

That is not the case with all the GPs I've visited. Anyway, that's the same as with any other service, nobody should change for services they haven't rendered.

Advertisement