Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Hellraiser

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I am uncomfortable with the term 'hellraiser' for a persons antics who knows what hell they raised behind the scenes.

Jack Nicholson, another dodgy bleeder him and roman I am however a fan of many devoted catholics who play extreme devil metal. rather their art portray the hellraising must be soft in that department if they need to act up irl, are you reading liamy g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

"No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tar.Aldarion

You know you want it !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ike Turner is/was an ass hole.

Probably Olly Reid or, living, or Screech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I read a biography of Ollie Read yers ago and in the centre pictures was one of him after 72 pints balancing on a barstool with two hands .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

ashers22 wrote: »
    Jean D'Arc. Crazy bitch went to war on a horse, pretended to be a bloke when it was against the law to do so and rallied a nation to arms and led them on the battlefield. I don't think she took any drugs btw.

Google ergot and get back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Isn't Ike Turner the fella who battered Tina Turner?

How he could be anyone's favorite anything is beyond me. Unless you have a top 10 scumbags list.

Back in the days of The Word and Euro Trash.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Nodin wrote: »

...at the 'lark in the park' out in Dun Laoghaire. The "melee near the sea" as it was known. I'd accidentally drunk meself into a coma and missed the whole thing.

Aye. That was just after "The scutter in Calcutta". Remember it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Keith Moon. The man showed complete disregard for the highway code when he drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool

• Advertisement

Angus Mcnally at the height of his fame could have you killed. Some craic in Mullingar's Greville Arms back in the pre cocaine days.

Of course this was well before Derek Davis made the big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ashers22

Google ergot and get back to me.
    you've ruined my fantasy :(
    still though, the peasants may have been maddened by rye bread but she still managed to get her man gear on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

ashers22 wrote: »
    you've ruined my fantasy :(
    still though, the peasants may have been maddened by rye bread but she still managed to get her man gear on :)

Didn't mean to shatter the dream! All I really wanted to convey was that in the Middle Ages everyone was basically living out a Hieronymous Bosch painting for most of every winter due to rye mould, just as everyone in urban areas (even the kids) were hammered on the drink in the Renaissance period because there was nothing else to hydrate with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

No females mentioned. Lindsay Lohan or maybe Amy Winehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

The great Richard Harris R.I.P.

Meself and the bro,Tommy (name changed to protect the guilty) used to run a pub in Brixton. Tommy loved his rugby, but, there was no way he could take the day off for the Ireland v England match,so he used to take the Friday off and go out to Twickenham for the "A" game.

So, Tommy is sitting in the pub two minutes after opening time, ("he'd had the breakfasht early,so he'd have a good run at the day") and who should arrive in only Richard Harris. He sits down at the bar and orders a pint. Tommy nods to him and pays him no more notice,not wanting to bother the man.

So, the two of them sit there in comfortable silence for the space of two pints (ten minutes), until Richard Harris finally breaks the ice. "So, what chance do you think we have today, or more importantly tomorrow?"

Tommy: "I wish it was the other way around, but I think we've a better chance today."

Richard:"Yep. Agreed."

So, with the ice broken, the two of them then proceed to get royally ****faced together and toddle off to the match together. Afterwards after another shedload of pints, the brother finally makes it back to the pub.

This story, by now has become a thing of legend in the Choco household. But, a lot of people don't really believe that it happened.

Cue forward to two years later, and a friend of another brother has come over for the match and is staying in the pub. He's come over early, so, himself and the brother decide to go out to Twickenham on the Friday to watch the "A" game.

They're there in good time, and they're just having a quiet pint, when next thing this roar comes across the floor "AAAHH Tommy, I was hoping you might be here...."

Richard Harris R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

im surprised Paul mc Grath didn't get a mention yet. absolute legend on and off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

kraggy wrote: »
    Isn't Ike Turner the fella who battered Tina Turner?

How he could be anyone's favorite anything is beyond me. Unless you have a top 10 scumbags list.

Not saying I love the guy ffs.
    Hes an interesting character thats all,how often do you hear of people taking crack at the age of 77 after half a century of the rock and roll lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Not saying I love the guy ffs.
    Hes an interesting character thats all,how often do you hear of people taking crack at the age of 77 after half a century of the rock and roll lifestyle.

Also, we would never have had this headline: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/Ike%202.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Colin Farrell, I recall legendary tales of linedancing and white zinfandel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Nikola Tesla, Edgar Allen Poe and Nicolas Cage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I would consider them addicts or possibly "troubled". See Whitney Houston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Shane McGowan

I was in the Olympia the night he vomited onstage over a large portion of the people sitting in the front row. How he is still alive is beyond me...

Nikki Sixx

The Keith Moon of the 1980's. Bassist with Motley Crue and all-round nutjob. Died in 1988 from a heroin overdose, but they did a "Pulp Fiction" on him and a few shots of adrenaline later he came around. Left a message on his answering machine afterwards 'Hi, it's Nikki. I can't come to the phone right now because I'm dead'.

George Best

Arguably the most naturally gifted footballer the British Isles has ever produced. He was the original rock-star footballer. Spent all his money on booze, women and fast cars; he squandered the rest. He sadly wasted his pure talent and faded away. Died in 2005 following a liver transplant, but failing to stay off the booze.

Frank Sinatra

Ol' Blue Eyes. The Chairman Of The Board. Was (allegedly) connected to the Mafia, drank Jack Daniels by the barrel and had an incredibly volatile relationship with his wife. Tore his house apart in a rage when President Kennedy refused to visit him there. Despite the years of alcohol and who knows, performed live well into his 70's.

Boris Yeltsin

The idea that the man who was in charge of the second most powerful country in the world, with a shaky finger poised over Russia's 39,000 nuclear warheads "Launch" button should be terrifying. But it was all a bit of a laugh, to be honest. The phrase "Circling over Shannon/the airport" was invented in tribute to him when he left our own Taoiseach standing on the tarmac like an eejit while he was on his plane too drunk to disembark. He and Bill Clinton were in charge of the world for most of the 1990's. The world was safer back then; when it was in the hands of an alcoholic and a sex maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pro wrestling has tons of great hellraisers, Andre The Giant once drank over 100 bottles of beer in a day, passed out in a hotel lobby and due to his size they just left him there until he woke up. Ric Flair used to get hammered and strut around hotel foyers bollock naked with a balloon tied to his knob, and once ran up a 20 grand bar tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

GG Allin...the ultimate hellraiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin
    By this point, Allin's performances, which often resulted in considerable damage to venues and sound equipment, were regularly stopped after only a few songs by police or venue owners. Allin was charged with assault and battery or indecent exposure a number of times. His constant touring was only stopped by jail time or by long hospital stays for broken bones, blood poisoning, and other physical trauma.

everyone else posted is/were fukking lightweights:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Grace Slick, Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin.
    GG Allin...the ultimate hellraiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin

everyone else posted is/were fukking lightweights:pac:
    I was first :pac: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83356445&postcount=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Archeron wrote: »
    I have such sights to show you.
    Woooo pinhead.

Don't cry girl its a waste of good suffering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Who bassist John Entwhistle was a fair Hellraiser on the quiet.

On the night before The Who's 2002 world tour,after a heavy session at a Las Vegas bar he decided to have a coke 'n hooker night in his hotel room.

He was found dead the next day at the age of 57.

I particularly liked his bandmate, Roger Daltrey's reaction to the news.

'Well, it's not a death any man should be ashamed of!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

He was just Horse-ing around.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Keith Moon.

Advertisement