Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hurling League 2013 Discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

wonder88 wrote: »
    Travel wise Croke Park would suit a lot of Galway supporters more

Which Galway supporters? The ones living in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Thought that was a great game. Both teams looked really good at times, even if they'd want to work on stuff before the Championship.

Mick Fennelly seemed to be playing centre-forward and he was absolutely brilliant, not only the powerful running and fielding that you get from him all the time but his score-taking was superb. Although thought Gleeson could have done a lot better with the 2nd goal.

Colin Fennelly and Michael Rice were both very good too, Lester Ryan was huge aswell, scored some fantastic points and the whole defence was very very solid, Tipp never really looked like getting a goal.

But Tipp will be reasonably happy with their performance, I think, Brendan Maher was outstanding, he really is pure class. Lar Corbett had a good game before the red card, Noel McGrath was excellent and again, some of their backs had really good games.

Both would have to be considered favourites in their respective provinces and the top two teams in Ireland.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Thought that was a great game. Both teams looked really good at times, even if they'd want to work on stuff before the Championship.

Mick Fennelly seemed to be playing centre-forward and he was absolutely brilliant, not only the powerful running and fielding that you get from him all the time but his score-taking was superb. Although thought Gleeson could have done a lot better with the 2nd goal.

Colin Fennelly and Michael Rice were both very good too, Lester Ryan was huge aswell, scored some fantastic points and the whole defence was very very solid, Tipp never really looked like getting a goal.

But Tipp will be reasonably happy with their performance, I think, Brendan Maher was outstanding, he really is pure class. Lar Corbett had a good game before the red card, Noel McGrath was excellent and again, some of their backs had really good games.

Both would have to be considered favourites in their respective provinces and the top two teams in Ireland.

I agree with pretty much all of your post except the highlighted. I thought Lar and Callanan were stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

scary to think the cats missing 4 top class forwards and still never look like losing today, Lar had another no show today for tipp

Padraig Maher should have been took off at half time Fennelly got 2-4 off him.

scary to think the cats missing 4 top class forwards and still never look like losing today, Lar had another no show today for tipp

Padraig Maher should have been took off at half time Fennelly got 2-4 off him.

If you'd won handy perhaps id agree with all of your waxing lyrical but i didnt think that ye were all that today tbh. Granted a very efficient team in punishing errors but nothing suggests to me that Kilkenny cant be beaten this year.

• Advertisement

I agree with pretty much all of your post except the highlighted. I thought Lar and Callanan were stink.

Maybe my opinion is tainted by that handpass to McGrath. I love a good first-time handpass into space, and that was an unbelievable point.

I did think Callanan was very poor...and I'm still not convinced by Shane Bourke. He's a good player certainly, and he had an okay game, but I think he drifts in and out of games too much and he's certainly not the same kind of threat that someone like Colin Fennelly is.

Maybe my opinion is tainted by that handpass to McGrath. I love a good first-time handpass into space, and that was an unbelievable point.

I did think Callanan was very poor...and I'm still not convinced by Shane Bourke. He's a good player certainly, and he had an okay game, but I think he drifts in and out of games too much and he's certainly not the same kind of threat that someone like Colin Fennelly is.

Id agree that our forwards need to find that extra 10% and learn how to win their own ball a bit more but overall im optimistic enough going forward.

Credit must go to Kieran Bergin today. He left Ireland 7 or 8 years ago to emigrate to the USA, and to make his Senior intercounty debut in that type of game today and give that level of performance is fantastic. A sign of great self-belief and determination. Well done to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

Were Tipperary missing any players?

locoo wrote: »

Pa Bourke?
    Brendan Cummins, although he was dropped......I think he would have saved Fennelly's 2nd goal tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

locoo wrote: »

Paddy Stapleton + Brian o meara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I like Bourke and he's doing quite well. He's bulked up a bit and is a quick player with a serious nose for goal. He's scored 2-9 from play in five games of six games for the League. He played well in preseason games too. He's still only 24 and made his debut back in 2011. He does drift in and out of games though so that needs to be rectified. Despite that O' Shea likes him and I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the team sheet come June against you guys.

I like Bourke and he's doing quite well. He's bulked up a bit and is a quick player with a serious nose for goal. He's scored 2-9 from play in five games of six games for the League. He played well in preseason games too. He's still only 24 and made his debut back in 2011. He does drift in and out of games though so that needs to be rectified. Despite that O' Shea likes him and I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the team sheet come June against you guys.

I like Shane Bourke myself. Still a bit light but a great attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pudders wrote: »
    Kilkenny or Tipp could be struggling after the next round.

:D

Advertisement