Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remembering "closed account" users

Options
  • 21-02-2013 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭

A fair few people who posted in here regularly have deleted in recent times. No doubt that some will come back to the good old comfortable time waster that is boards.ie and others will move onto more important things like settling down with a huge mortgage, having kids, doing the school run, attending parent teacher meetings, leaving the surf board and the mountain bike and the tent permanently in the garage to gather dust.

There comes a time in most people's lives when they start to focus exclusively on boring "grown up" things like the ones mentioned above and obviously boards does not have any part in that.

Anyway I would hate to think that those who self-immolated their accounts like a Tibetan monk are instantly forgotten about and would like to give a "shout out" as they do on the radio to some of them

Ghandee - Hope you havn't spent all that lottery win inside in the one shop!

Pottler - A true man of knowledge and integrity, I can't help but think I have the new account spotted already :)

Eve_Dublin - Maybe if it wasn't for lads like myself spewing so much "sexist bollocks" you'd have stuck around a bit longer. Sorry about that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Flutt - his toilet tales were legendary

Stupidusername - always good for a laugh but could fight her corner when needed

alexa5x5 - still sadly missed

For all I know they could have re-reg'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I mostly use the motorcycle and martial arts forums, which tend not to lose people.

But from AH the two who stand out with me are Stupidusername and Outlaw Pete.

And some (who shall remain nameless) can go f*ck themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I don't think we are allowed this threads but remember closed account users.. Panda will sniff you out when you re-reg if he cares enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Oh, man I was a whole bunch of these guys

we go back 8yr at least... think I am comfortable with myself now. This is truly who I am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

In no particular order and not mentioning the previously mentioned names:
    • Kevin Duffy
    • LighterGuy (banned)
    • KeithAFC (banned)
    • Run_to_da_hills (banned)
    • RichieC
    • TheZohan
    • Kasabian
    • OutlawPete
    • Fago

For those that haven't rereg'ed I hope IRL is all you hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dudess <3

I don't think we are allowed this threads

Just looked, nothing in the AH charter.

They usually get closed

EDIT: it is in charter. No favourite posters, ex-mods threads, etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If they never posted in AH (just like most boards users) what about the charters of the forums they DID post in.?? :D

They usually get closed

I know, I'm just saying.

Another ~ Kevin Duffy, although I bump into Kev regular enough and usually when he's pissed as a bar mans fart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

We should have an After Hours remembrance, like in the oscars, to reflect on posters that have closed accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What happened to Run_to_da_hills?

He finally ran off

The chem trails & lizard people got him in the end ~and in the end he was right and the chem trails and lizard people will get us all :(

He finally ran off

He was banned... for what? I'm just wondering how a poster who has given almost 20k worth of posts could get such a harsh sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Seachmall wrote: »
    In no particular order and not mentioning the previously mentioned names:
    • Kevin Duffy
    • LighterGuy (banned)
    • KeithAFC (banned)
    • Run_to_da_hills (banned)
    • RichieC
    • TheZohan
    • Kasabian
    • OutlawPete
    • Fago

For those that haven't rereg'ed I hope IRL is all you hope for.

WTF? What happened there?

Also, forgot KeithM89.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Javaboy, the love triangle between himself Dr Bollocko and Frada was a thing of pun filled beauty.
    He was banned... for what? I'm just wondering how a poster who has given almost 20k worth of posts could get such a harsh sentence.

See, this is why these threads usually get locked.

Get banned or infractioned too many times and its a site ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

A fair few people who posted in here regularly have deleted in recent times.
    You've been here two months. That's an awfully short time to make such detailed observations. PBU or re-reg? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Faith+1 wrote: »
    WTF? What happened there?

Do you not read the Prison Forum? ;)

*Keith AFC's a/c is still open afaik*

orestes wrote: »
    Javaboy, the love triangle between himself Dr Bollocko and Frada was a thing of pun filled beauty.

See, this is why these threads usually get locked.

Threads usually get locked around here for no reason anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Seachmall wrote: »
    Also, forgot KeithM89.
    Was that the mod who vanished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Most people banned with that post count would just have amassed so many cards and bans that they would be deemed an official pain in the hole. I reckon thats the case with him.

I'm going through old posts and keep coming up with more.

chin_grin.

Last one I'm gonna mention though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Run to the hills is back posting in the conspiracy theory thread...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The AH mods may decide to close this thread, but in the meantime just a reminder to everyone about the Boards Terms of Use:

You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:

* identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user

I've already deleted one post, but the next post I see speculating as to the possible current identity of a poster who closed their account will earn whoever posted it a week off the site. There will be no further warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The Dagda wrote: »
    Run to the hills is back posting in the conspiracy theory thread...

prison forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Too many to remember at this stage, a few off the top of my head:

G'em
    Ruu
    Dudess
    Snyper

Many others too. I know several users (not necessarily those listed) have reopened accounts and are enjoying their new found anonymity, others I don't know about or have genuinely left boards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

Zaph wrote: »
    The AH mods may decide to close this thread, but in the meantime just a reminder to everyone about the Boards Terms of Use:

I've already deleted one post, but the next post I see speculating as to the possible current identity of a poster who closed their account will earn whoever posted it a week off the site. There will be no further warnings.
    "commander of the internet"? lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement