Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Swagger arrested

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

thats a shame, i hope he isnt pulled from mania, I like his current run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Of all the companies in the world, breaking the law is always more than a legal matter with WWE. Vince likes his champions (or potential champions) to carry themselves in good light. It's not just about the issue legally, it's about his actions and the timing of it, actually probably more so. Swagger was idiotic to get himself in this situation, he's been in purgatory for the past 2 years almost, then gets a huge push out of nowhere and does this.

We the people eh, how about you the idiot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

It was a stupid mistake by Swagger, one I imagine he is deeply regretting. However some people on here are over-reacting. If you got penalty points tomorrow, arrived into work only to be told you've been let go because of the points you got, would you consider that fair? Of course you wouldn't, as WWE themselves said, he is responsible for his own actions. I imagine they will give him a slap on the wrist for sure, but nothing too major. This angle is getting them too much media attention in the U.S for them to pass up on, it will continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It was a stupid mistake by Swagger, one I imagine he is deeply regretting. However some people on here are over-reacting. If you got penalty points tomorrow, arrived into work only to be told you've been let go because of the points you got, would you consider that fair? Of course you wouldn't, as WWE themselves said, he is responsible for his own actions. I imagine they will give him a slap on the wrist for sure, but nothing too major. This angle is getting them too much media attention in the U.S for them to pass up on, it will continue.

He didn't get penalty points, he is being charged with speeding, driving while under the influence and possession of drugs. There is a very big difference. From the point of view of the office it is just a simple matter of risk assessment: with all factors considered, is Swagger worth keeping on the books as an asset of the company?

I have worked for companies that rely heavily on the public & professional image or their employees, and if somebody did something that brought that image into question they would face the office for it, up to being fired, even if it was something you did on your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

orestes wrote: »
    He didn't get penalty points, he is being charged with speeding, driving while under the influence and possession of drugs. There is a very big difference. From the point of view of the office it is just a simple matter of risk assessment: with all factors considered, is Swagger worth keeping on the books as an asset of the company?

I have worked for companies that rely heavily on the public & professional image or their employees, and if somebody did something that brought that image into question they would face the office for it, up to being fired, even if it was something you did on your own time.

There really isn't that much of a difference. Driving under the influence and speeding are penalty point offences. Possessing weed in Mississippi is maximum 250 dollar fine. They are all misdemeanors. Swagger will appear in court, pay a fine and move on with his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Tatanka will make a comeback and point out that his people were actually there before Zeb and Swagger's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This seems like a pet project for Vince and had been planned for nearly a year, with WM only weeks away, I reckon they will just go along as if nothing has happened, they have enough problems with booking the show as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

He wasn't charged with drink driving, just to correct the half a million people in the thread who said he was. He was charged with "DUI (not alcohol)" according to the article - ergo for being stoned at the wheel

Looks like Swagger and Zeb will be on Raw, although I say this guy will not show up and they all know it.
    WWE® INVITES GLENN BECK TO GET RAW

STAMFORD, Conn., February 22, 2013 – WWE has extended an invitation to talk show host and political commentator, Glenn Beck to appear live this Monday on Raw, in response to a segment that aired on TheBlaze TV yesterday. In the segment, Beck references WWE as “stupid wrestling people,” when criticizing a recent WWE storyline involving WWE characters Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio®, Jack Swagger® and Zeb Colter®. WWE is giving Beck the opportunity to address our 14 million weekly viewers and our global fan base, as he believes we are offending our “conservative” fans with this storyline.

Similar to other television shows and feature films, WWE is in the entertainment business, creating fictional characters that serve as protagonists or antagonists. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines. WWE is creating a rivalry centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view. This storyline was developed to build the Mexican American character Del Rio into a hero given WWE’s large Latino base, which represents 20 percent of our audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Why is Vince McMahon dressed as Zeb Colter here?

Meltzer:
    Monday is scheduled right now as the Stan Kroenke Raw unless cooler heads prevail. Stephanie has the writing team in the office now at 12:30 a.m. on a Friday night redoing the show.

So lame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That promo is brilliant...Dutch just buried a character who has NEVER appeared on WWE TV.Triple H must be so proud ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Stan Kroenke Raw? Can someone explain the reference to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Vince had a rant at the Arsenal shareholder for not allowing them into a basketball arena or some sh*t causing wwe to find a new venue for Raw on short notice. They tried to milk some mainstream attention out of it but nobody really gave a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

GTR63 wrote: »

Vince had a rant at the Arsenal shareholder for not allowing them into a basketball arena or some sh*t causing wwe to find a new venue for Raw on short notice. They tried to milk some mainstream attention out of it but nobody really gave a crap.
    I wondered why the name was familiar but couldnt figure it out. All coming back to me now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I believe it's referencing when Raw was re-written around the idea of ripping on Kroenke who as well as being a major player with Arsenal owns the Denver Nuggets and had just screwed over Raw by refusing to allow the WWE have Raw in their arena because they needed it for their own game. Sounds simple enough but they had been stupid enough to book the arena out well in advance even though there was the possibility that their team could do well enough to reach the playoffs and thus need their home venue.

Similarity someone or something (Beck and his comments) have annoyed Vincent and co so much that once more the show is being rewritten for external reasons (to put beck in his place / show support to wrestling fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I believe it's referencing when Raw was re-written around the idea of ripping on Kroenke who as well as being a major player with Arsenal owns the Denver Nuggets and had just screwed over Raw by refusing to allow the WWE have Raw in their arena because they needed it for their own game. Sounds simple enough but they had been stupid enough to book the arena out well in advance even though there was the possibility that their team could do well enough to reach the playoffs and thus need their home venue.

Similarity someone or something (Beck and his comments) have annoyed Vincent and co so much that once more the show is being rewritten for external reasons (to put beck in his place / show support to wrestling fans)

Like hell he is. He sits around and does nothing but take money for himself :mad:

Two whole days, now that will scare him....

Citizen-times.com has an update on Jack Swagger's Tuesday night DUI & drug arrest. Swagger is due back in court March 12. Had he been arrested only for speeding and marijuana possession, he could have paid his fines by mail or online, but the DUI makes this a different kind of case.

If convicted, records show Swagger faces fines of $188 for driving 10 mph over the speed limit, $437 for a small amount of marijuana and $1,300 if it’s his first DUI offense. The DUI charge carries a mandatory court appearance and he could lose his driver’s license for 90 days. However, Police Lt. Craig Petersen says he'll push for the maximum sentence for Swagger's DUI, which is jail time:

“We have never recommended mere fines and fees only on a DUI,” Clark said. “We always recommend the maximum sentence of two days in jail for first offenders. That time can be suspended but only on completion of certain court-ordered conditions like probation, classes, AA meetings, etc.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Surely the $1,300 fine (no exchange rate, but thats about six weeks wages for me) is worse for the normal person? Why push for something as small as a weekend in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dude Love 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_Spn2xKFg

I'm not a Swagger fan. I don't think he has what it takes to cut it at the top, if Del Rio v Swagger match goes ahead @ Wrestlemania I'd be expecting something of the above..

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Zeb is absolutely amazing! Just put the belt, in fact all belts on him now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_Spn2xKFg

I'm not a Swagger fan. I don't think he has what it takes to cut it at the top, if Del Rio v Swagger match goes ahead @ Wrestlemania I'd be expecting something of the above..

Clearly not his fault there.

Worked last nights house show in Waco, beating Sin Cara

With zeb?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

I dont think this is true. It was posted on 20th February and says he was coming after filming Friday night Smackdown which was on the 22nd around 9 pm, but the message was posted at 12.30pm on 20th, and it doesn't make sense.

pointing towards the news being Fake..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I dont think this is true. It was posted on 20th February and says he was coming after filming Friday night Smackdown which was on the 22nd around 9 pm, but the message was posted at 12.30pm on 20th, and it doesn't make sense.

pointing towards the news being Fake..

Smackdown is taped on the Tuesday every week

Ya smackdown is taped Tuesdays and he was arrested Tuesday night Wednesday morning the 20th

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya smackdown is taped Tuesdays and he was arrested Tuesday night Wednesday morning the 20th

I thought it was Friday night Smackdown and was live like RAW. If its not then it might be true..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm glad they are keeping the storyline going and not punishing Swagger, at least not yet (given that he appeared in that video talking about Beck).

Ya Smackdown is taped on a Tuesday a long time now.its never live on a Friday altho sometimes it's shown live on a Tuesday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Beck's response:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glenn-beck-slams-wwe-declines-423606
    During Friday’s radio show, Beck excoriated the WWE not only for making Tea Partiers the villains in one of its latest storylines but also for making one of them a Vietnam War veteran, and he inferred that conservative fans might reconsider their decision to spend money on the brand.
    “You’re making a villain out of what?” Beck asked. "Probably 80 percent of your audience who’s tired as it is of being miscast? They’re tired of this…I’m sick and tired of being miscast. I am sick and tired of it. It is lazy at best. And I certainly am not going to give any more time or my money to any organization that is miscasting, is making it harder for me and my family to stand up for what I believe in.”

I'm no fan of Glenn Beck but I think he has a point. I'd prefer to see Swagger and Coulter as someone conservatives can get behind; and Del Rio someone liberals/latinos can get behind; with WWE not making it clear who people should support. So some people will cheer the conservatives and some people will cheer the liberals - it would be an interesting way to move on from the old face/heel formula; Beck's main problem is that WWE made it clear the the conservatives are the villians and I sort of agree in the sense it would make it interesting if they let the fans make up their own mind - so when they visit Alabama each character will get a different reaction then when they visit El Paso, Texas. (Bret Hart being a face to some and heels to others come to mind).

Advertisement