Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help appreciated .

Options
  • 17-02-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

In the Insomnia Coffee Shop the inverse demand function for chocolate muffins is P = 20 – 2Q. To produce muffins the Coffee Shop has a fixed cost of €30 and a variable cost of €4 per unit produced. The firm breaks even earning zero profit at the output level(s):
    Answer
    A.
    Q = 10 and Q = 4
    B.
    Q = 3 and Q = 5
    C.
    Q = 0
    D.
    Q = 30
    E.
    None of these

Question 2

In a market, the demand function is given by Q = 50 – P and the supply function is given by Q = 20 + 2P.
    The government now imposes a tax on suppliers of t per unit sold.
    In the new market equilibrium with the tax imposed, what share of the tax is paid by the consumer?
    Answer
    A.
    Half of the tax is paid by the consumer
    B.
    None of these
    C.
    Quarter of the tax is paid by the consumer
    D.
    None of the tax is paid by the consumer
    E.
    All the tax is paid by the consumer

Question 3

The demand function for a good is given by QD = 150 – 5P + ½ Y , where P is price and Y is income. The Supply function is given by QS = 5P. The market equilibrium price and quantity is then,
    Answer
    A.
    P = 15 + 1/20 Y and Q = 75 + ¼ Y
    B.
    P = 15 + ½ Y and Q = 75 + 5/2 Y
    C.
    There is no equilibrium in this market
    D.
    None of these
    E.
    P = 15 – 1/20 Y and Q = 75 – ¼ Y

Question 4

The demand and supply functions for a good are given as Q = 200 – 2P and Q = –20 + 2P, respectively.
    The government now imposes a tax on suppliers of 10 per unit sold.
    Which of the following statements is TRUE in the new market equilibrium?
    Answer
    A.
    The price that consumers pay will be the same as the price that suppliers receive
    B.
    Consumers will pay a price of 60
    C.
    Suppliers will receive a price of 60
    D.
    None of these statements are true
    E.
    The tax will be paid entirely by the Suppliers

Question 5

The equilibrium Price and Quantity levels in a market with a supply function Q = 10 + ½ P and an inverse demand function P = 200 – 2Q are:
    Answer
    A.
    P = 200 and Q = 10
    B.
    P = 90 and Q = 55
    C.
    P = 76 and Q = 48
    D.
    There is no equilibrium in this market
    E.
    None of these

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Pepsi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

No, do your own homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's the point of selling cholcate mufins if you don't make profit? And do you know the muffin man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I like banana and walnut muffins, sometimes blueberry ones, but never chocolate ones!

Sorry I can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

SV wrote: »
    No, do your own homework.

I wish, i am so lost in this module fml.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Stop that now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Pepsi?
    Partial credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

I am reporting you to UCD for trying to get other people to do your quantitative economics graded homework (course number econ 10030)

Have a nice day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

Cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

is think junior cert commerce type stuff? Surely there's places online that can help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭BubbleBalls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Demand functions are straightforward enough just google it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I am reporting you to UCD for trying to get other people to do your quantitative economics graded homework (course number econ 10030)

Have a nice day

Should be real easy to identify him, what with him having picked his real name as his username.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Should be real easy to identify him, what with him having picked his real name as his username.

There are other ways to identify users

There are other ways to identify users

What are you, the internet police?

Have a nice day

Ye go on...you 4kn tool. odds are you are in my module, I honestly cant even comprehend why you would even make such a stupid statement.....

I am in your module and don't take kindly to others cheating when the rest of us work for our results.

belgrove house 28, you live there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

6 by 3, make sure you have someone to dig it , on the promissory you willl fill it.

I am in your module

belgrove house 28, you live there? :)

Yes call up to me now sure. apartment one....

even if u did, i dont live there anymore you fuktard, cant live in the same house two years in a row. You sad knt, I dont even know why im pissed but your comment is so retarded , its immense, and before you call me out for some **** like i don't work hard, this is only my elective.

• Advertisement

brownlad wrote: »
    Yes call up to me now sure. apartment one....

even if u did, i dont live there anymore you fuktard, cant live in the same house two years in a row. You sad knt, I dont even know why im pissed but your comment is so retarded , its immense, and before you call me out for some **** like i don't work hard, this is only my elective.

It's Sunday night, you had a full week to do it

The lecturer did some examples of them in class that are pretty much step by step how to do it.
    Use those

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

From now on I want you to put an equal amount of blueberries in each muffin. An equal amount of blueberries in each muffin. I don't care how long it takes.

e31.jpg

It's Sunday night, you had a full week to do it

It's not even hard

well then help me please , as a fellow class mate. We cant all understand it or have time to study it. I study b&l and still work 20hrs per week. i took 4 modules in sem one and now im paying for it with 8 this semester.. thats my reason for finding it difficult.

sorry about earlier too , i just got out of work and i had a run in with a retarded supervisor that lost my contract so no pay for another week... and ive got 50e to my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ye go on...you 4kn tool. odds are you are in my module, I honestly cant even comprehend why you would even make such a stupid statement.....

I've never seen that crap before and I have no idea how you can't solve it. It's basic math.

Either

1) Get out of economics before you destroy a country.

2) Join Fianna Fail. You may actually bring up the intelligence of the party

wtf I feel for ppl who like myself have to work and go to college so i'll give some tips.

Do you have the quants book, it has several examples of step by step how to do these exact problems. Flick through the chapters about this stuff and you will get these done in no time if you follow the examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

well then help me please , as a fellow class mate. We cant all understand it or have time to study it. I study b&l and still work 20hrs per week. i took 4 modules in sem one and now im paying for it with 8 this semester.. thats my reason for finding it difficult.

You just need to grow a pair and go for it, to stand on the side lines, is to see the game happening but you are not involved, the worst thing you will hear is no, be strong, win.

wtf I feel for ppl who like myself have to work and go to college.

Do you have the quants book, it has several examples of step by step how to do these exact problems. Check the chapters about this stuff and you will get these done in no time.

no i dont have the book. cheers anyway.

• Advertisement

You just need to grow a pair and go for it, to stand on the side lines, is to see the game happening but you are not involved, the worst thing you will hear is no, be strong, win.

^^ this guy... He knows what's up!

Advertisement