Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tad right wing, but what do you think?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Except it wasn't just one incident, there was an alarming number of mass shootings last year.

There's always a spike in mass shootings after a heavily publicised one (and there were two last year).

Same with suicides and even car crashes.

Can't remember the name of the phenomenon, I'll have to have a flick through a few books to find it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

When children were born in the late eighties and early nineties (like me), a heel-prick test was performed, this gave information on all the allergies the child had / might have had.

I am of the opinion, that ALL children (regardless of whether the parents consent or not, even if for silly religious reasons), should have a blood sample taken, along with finger print. These should be kept on file:

My reasons:

If a child's (or even at adult hood) identity is stolen, this situation can be quickly ameliorated.

If a child / adult commits a crime, then he / she can easily be identified from crime scene blood / hair DNA, fingerprints, etc. If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear. This will allow us to circumvent crime especially because of the growing number of Muslims in Ireland because they are wearing the Hijab etc, also the Shiks wearing the towel thing, not saying crime is specific from them, but if their faces are covered it obviously poses a problem in identification.

If a passport is lost abroad, then the person can reenter Ireland with just their fingerprints, easy !!!

I would go one step further, and put tracking devices into children, these can be tracked by parents and maybe a certain number of select Gardaí (possibly just Gardaí, for reasons which are obvious). If the child is kidnapped, the scumbag who kidnapped him / her can easily and quickly be found. If the child is lost the child can also easily be found. Adults, uon reacing the age of 18 can then opt to keep it in, or have it removed.

Yes, because a lot of Muslims wearing a Niqab go around breaking into people's homes and beating up people, attacking people on the street etc.

Putting tracking devices into children so that they can easily be found if kidnapped won't work. The kidnapper(s)can cut the tracking device out of the child's arm or wherever the device is placed.
    Keeping it in can be a good thing, for example, if a scummy tramp falsely accuses a man of false rape, then he can absolve his name in court by showing where he was with undeniable proof.

What if a man has concensual sex with a woman, the woman's husband finds out, but the woman then files a false rape case because she doesn't want her husband to find out she was cheating on him.

If a woman is is abused by her husband, then the prick can be brought to justice with this device too. This will not provide any audio or picture of the person, just a satellite location of where he or she is.

Presumably, the satellite will show the husband at home with his wife. Will that be a crime now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It is downright shockingly frightening that so many people out there are not only indifferent to civil liberties and privacy, but would actively restrict them through policies like these.
    Frightening.
    If I wanted to live in a police state I'd move to the Middle East.

Much the same reason I moved out of the UK. Police States are so much more conveniently located these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

MadsL wrote: »
    Much the same reason I moved out of the UK. Police States are so much more conveniently located these days.

When did the UK become a police state? Was it on a Monday? I'm always half asleep on Mondays...

e.t.a: I am aware of the erosion of civil liberties - I just think that we are much better off than some countries. Gay marriage, for starters. And from the tories - cripes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

old hippy wrote: »
    When did the UK become a police state? Was it on a Monday? I'm always half asleep on Mondays...

During the last Labour government

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

During the last Labour government

Ah yes, I remember it well. Although roughed up by the police, I still was allowed demonstrate and march. I wasn't executed for the sit down protest on Oxford Street and I don't remember being imprisoned in the gulags for speaking out against the govt :D

There's plenty, plenty wrong with the govt and their laws in the UK but we haven't quite reached police state just yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement