Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls 6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

If they released TES6 and it was just Skyrim with co-op I would be happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

SB2013 wrote: »
    If they released TES6 and it was just Skyrim with co-op I would be happy.

Interesting viewpoint. Would you recommend storming caves etc as a co op mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Interesting viewpoint. Would you recommend storming caves etc as a co op mode?

lolwut

Wossack wrote: »

lolwut

Raiding as a co op mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Surely in that instance everything you'd do in Skyrim would be in co-op mode?

• Advertisement

Agricola wrote: »
    Surely in that instance everything you'd do in Skyrim would be in co-op mode?

I am referring to the pros and cons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

twilightzone has gotten himself a lifetime ban for harassing me through pms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Harrassing people through pm's - shocking thing to do. Discuss

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I keep saying this but they should use a combat system like in The Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    also times to use a new game engine as the last one is looking old even though it was updated with shineys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Oh now i get it!!! yeah cant wait for the next elder scrolls, deeper storyline and actual character relationship progression are what id be looking for.

• Advertisement

Actually, while we're on the subject, what I'd love to see in an Elder Scrolls game is better voice acting, or at least more varied voice talent. Skyrim improved on Oblivion, but it did get irritating sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I didn't even come in to this thread as I know it is highly unlikely we'll hear anything new about a new Elder Scrolls at any time this year. Way too soon. The thread still being open, though, gave hope that something interesting had come of it all. I see one of the fonts of wisdom has been put out. I think we'll survive their absence though.

Anyway, jokes aside, I love TES games. Have done since Morrowind. In terms of TES VI whenever in the next generation it does get released, it is going to be a day one buy. For me, I'm hoping they use the setting of Elsweyr. I enjoy playing as Khajiit, so with that said, it might not be a surprise I'd want a game set there.

In all likelihood, though Summerset Isle may be an easier place to set it up. The Altmer seem an easier one to base a storyline around in terms of TES.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't think I've ever once played as a khajit, and I clocked up so many MW hours :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've still got a few addons for Skyrim to go, and even once they are out it will be years before we hear anything about the next installment. Fallout 4 in the Skyrim engine will be the next thing we see from them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What province do you all reckon the next TeS will take us to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Only thing that will work for these games is a random mission generator.

Seriously we play the fcuk out of these games and after 300 hours or so complain? Solution to that is that every player gets his own story from the ground up. Which would differnetiate everyone experiences.

I am aware of the game engine required to be able to do this and it could shorten the game considerably if used. if you followed the main quest you could theroetically cut off possible random missions from main areas.

reckon it will be more of the same and we will complain about it after 300 hours or so :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only thing that will work for these games is a random mission generator.

Seriously we play the fcuk out of these games and after 300 hours or so complain? Solution to that is that every player gets his own story from the ground up. Which would differnetiate everyone experiences.

I am aware of the game engine required to be able to do this and it could shorten the game considerably if used. if you followed the main quest you could theroetically cut off possible random missions from main areas.

reckon it will be more of the same and we will complain about it after 300 hours or so :D

That would be awesome :D random mission generator .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What province do you all reckon the next TeS will take us to?

What's the lizard people province called?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Black Marsh. Though I would guess Valenwood/Summerset Isle could be next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Does skyrim not have a mission generator too? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

not really,it has endless fetch quests .. similar enough but not really the same idea

random missions would be a disaster anyway. the wiki's for bug fixes and workarounds would either be a complete cluster**** or utterly pointless

bluewolf wrote: »
    Does skyrim not have a mission generator too? :confused:

Unfortunately miss wolf it didn't :'(,one of the earlier game had it though right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

There are radient quests which are clear out a cave etc.

I would the ability to raise skeletons and zombies the way you could in Oblivion rather than just reanimate bodies.

(or can you summon zombies?)

GRMA wrote: »
    There are radient quests which are clear out a cave etc.

I would the ability to raise skeletons and zombies the way you could in Oblivion rather than just reanimate bodies.

(or can you summon zombies?)
    And even those radiant quest can cause problems such as retrieving the Helm of Winterhold or that Skooma dealer in Riften quest. It must incredibly frustrating playing on a console and not being able to complete a quest simply because you'd already visited a cave earlier.

Off the top of my head I can't think of an actual summon zombie spell. If you have Dawnguard there are spells for conjuring Wrathmen, Mistmen and Bonemen which are like skeletons and zombies. There are other conjuration ones too for summoning Dremora and Arniel's Shade. I think Dragonborn adds a couple too.

Adyx wrote: »
    And even those radiant quest can cause problems such as retrieving the Helm of Winterhold or that Skooma dealer in Riften quest. It must incredibly frustrating playing on a console and not being able to complete a quest simply because you'd already visited a cave earlier.

Off the top of my head I can't think of an actual summon zombie spell. If you have Dawnguard there are spells for conjuring Wrathmen, Mistmen and Bonemen which are like skeletons and zombies. There are other conjuration ones too for summoning Dremora and Arniel's Shade. I think Dragonborn adds a couple too.

Dawnguard is the one with random misson generator ?

Dawnguard is the one with random misson generator ?
    No Dawnguard is DLC for Skyrim, I don't know which Elder Scrolls game had a proper random mission generator. The first one maybe (Arena?). That took place over the whole of Tamriel.

Adyx wrote: »
    No Dawnguard is DLC for Skyrim, I don't know which Elder Scrolls game had a proper random mission generator. The first one maybe (Arena?). That took place over the whole of Tamriel.

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'v still yet (and really want to) play Daggerfall. It's map size is one of the biggest and Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind's map size is dwarfed compared to Daggerfall. 15,000 towns and 750,000+ characters apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They just announced it too early. It's pretty obvious they didn't have two games on the go. I say they had the art teams working on the design docs and mood art while Starfield was being made and they are only ramping up on ES6 now that starfield is done. Bethesda isn't big enough to handle two massive games at the same time.

Advertisement