Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponge it - surveys / focus groups for rewards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

No, this isn't anything to do with boards.

I used a different e-mail account to sign up here, one I only use occasionally.

That e-mail came to my main e-mail account, which boards don't have access to, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I also got it offering 50E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Did we perchance have to give an email when we did a Boards survey or did they just use our account ones? If we did then it might explain why some people are getting the email in their non-boards emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Bicycle wrote: »
    No, this isn't anything to do with boards.

I used a different e-mail account to sign up here, one I only use occasionally.

That e-mail came to my main e-mail account, which boards don't have access to, as far as I know.

Spongeit confirmed to me that's how they'd acquired my email.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yamanoto wrote: »

They lied, but then they're spammers, they have a tendency to. I received the same spam to a different email address then was used to sign up to boards.ie and not one that Distilled Media ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yamanoto wrote: »

If that IS the case, I'd expect Dav will have an announcement at the top of the Home Page of this site with a Big Apology contained therein:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Oooh, I love a good scandal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Spear wrote: »
    They lied, but then they're spammers, they have a tendency to. I received the same spam to a different email address then was used to sign up to boards.ie and not one that Distilled Media ever had.

Did you complete the Boards Census & if so, did you enter an alternative address to win the competition prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Why does nobody ever offer me €50?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFS

I am with 2 different survey sites and i got this email too, and i filled it out cos i figured it was from them and now after finding this thread

And now they have my phone no

Also the email i got it on is NOT the 1 i signed up to boards with:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Offered me €50 too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I got this too. Wouldn't normally have noticed it but it made it through to my inbox rather than junk.

Had a gander at their facebook and there are no unflattering posts. In fact, the ones that are there are downright gushing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Got one here too. Bit annoyed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Didn't get the email. \o/

Would've junked it straightaway if I had.

Anyone else NOT get the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Johro wrote: »

You are not alone. Thankfully didn't receive said email to any of my e-mail accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

I got this too, and I'm very careful where I give out my email, Boards.ie would've been one of the only places I trusted with it really :(

Didn't get the email
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    You are not alone.I didn't receive said email to any of my e-mail accounts.

Hahahahahahaah LONERS! :D

What ye even doing on here - this is reserved for us cool kids who did get picked to recieve the email. Now if you will excuse me, My moms collecting me to go to Mc Donalds!

*Struts away*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have it too, and the lure of €50 is tempting! (That's 60 cans of Sainte Etienne!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I got this too. Wouldn't normally have noticed it but it made it through to my inbox rather than junk.

Had a gander at their facebook and there are no unflattering posts. In fact, the ones that are there are downright gushing.

Odd that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got this too,was in my spam folder in the competition email account that I have registered with Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

tbh wrote: »
    Edit - to clarify, if they are using the addresses for the survey my guess is that its without permission, and that boards are going to be fcukin furious.

I wouldn't say there's any doubt about that. Dav will go fcuking ballistic I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Orion wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there's any doubt about that. Dav will go fcuking ballistic I imagine.

Would like to overhear that conversation tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Can I pretend I got one of these emails please?

I don't like feeling left out of a thread.

It's technically online bullying if anyone says I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I don't recall doing the census on here.....but if it is from boards ill be pissed....who is dav everyone keeps mentioning?

MadsL wrote: »
    Ah, deleting facebook posts. That will end well.

That's easily combatted - screenie attached.

Have it too, and the lure of €50 is tempting! (That's 60 cans of Sainte Etienne!!!)

Are you my husband- thats so something he would say:D

Ya the lure of 50 squids tempting but im worried they will have pass my phone on to these scam callers
    Can I pretend I got one of these emails please?

I don't like feeling left out of a thread.

It's technically online bullying if anyone says I can't.

see post 79 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Are you my husband- thats so something he would say:D

I don't remember getting married, but that might also have something to do with Sainte Etienne...

That's easily combatted - screenie attached.

I'm in a crap mood so I also tweeted that screenie to @spongeItpanel - they can't delete that.

• Advertisement

Hahahahahahaah LONERS! :D

What ye even doing on here - this is reserved for us cool kids who did get picked to recieve the email. Now if you will excuse me, My moms collecting me to go to Mc Donalds!

*Struts away*
    Yeah you're one of the chosen suckers.;)

Advertisement