Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arseholes that park on the pavement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

some roads are just not big enough to park your car on the road otherwise you could well end up blocking the road

Then park in the nearest available parking space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Rasheed wrote: »
    So it doesn't bother you that because of your vehicle on a footpath, that people will have to walk out on the road? That a wheelchair user will have to get down off the path ( if they can) and go out on to road to continue on their journey? Ditto for an elderly person, ditto for a woman with a buggy.

What do you mean 'a bit slow'? If you mean in pace, try looking at an elderly man or woman suffering with arthritis who can't run if they see a car coming. Try looking at a person using a manual wheelchair trying to push a bit quicker to get out of the way of that car. They're in danger because they're in the cars path because you were ignorant enough to be in their path.

If you mean 'slow' in another way, you're a dick.

I never park on the path and have never claimed to, You may want to read before you start off there.

I'd see someone who walks out in front of traffic as being a bit slow alright, yeah. I'm a dick for thinking that? Ah, ok.

P.C. wrote: »
    So, blocking a foot path with your vehicle is not dangerous.

What happens to people in wheelchairs? I think it is dangerous if they have to go out onto the road in their wheelchair. But, you do not.

What about visually impaired people with a guide dog? How are they supposed to see oncoming traffic? How are they supposed to 'hurry up' when they go around the parked vehicle? It seems to me that it is dangerous for a person with a vision impairment, but you do not think so.

Well done you!

People in wheelchairs are screwed, but they're not really in danger unless they choose to go out on to the road. They kind of made the situation dangerous themselves if ya ask me.
    Also, I don't think visually impaired people have any problem with the speed they move, doesn't Ireland have a legally blind chap who's running 100ms in just over 10 seconds? jaysus.
    hollster2 wrote: »
    :eek:

REALLY??? YOU CANT BE SERIOUS! :eek:

blue peter badge for you

I can be serious.

Awh, thank you :)

btard wrote: »
    No. His complaint is that inconsiderate pieces of **** like you think they can do whatever the **** they want. Have a nice day ****wit.

mod: banned

but..I can do whatever I want? Just some of it is illegal and I may be reprimanded for it.
    but thanks..? I never park on the path by the way.

hollster2 wrote: »
    EXACTLY maybe sv didnt have his weetabix this morning!!

I don't really like weetabix anymore, usually stick to toast!

And what about the kind of people who park their cars on a pavement and force pedestrians to walk on the road? They obviously don't give a shyte about anybody so why should we give a shyte about them? A few months back, I noticed a car fully parked on the narrow pavement of a busy road with no room for pedestrians to walk on the foothpath, meaning elderly people and parents with buggies and small children had to risk walking on the road onto oncoming traffic. As I walked onto the road and past the car I couldn't help but 'accidentally' bang against the wing mirror. I didn't give a damn if I caused "criminal damage" or not. It was nothing compared to the damage that the moron of a car owner could have caused if somebody had been knocked down due to his ignorant selfishness. And I'd do it again if I saw a car parked in a similar situation.

You're so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

SV wrote: »
    Hope the same thing happens to some of your property someday, by someone who thinks they're being equally funny.

And maybe, just maybe if you close your eyes and wish really hard you too could one day find yourself in a wheelchair, unable to use a footpath due to a car obstructing your way.

Oh, wait...
    People in wheelchairs are screwed, but they're not really in danger unless they choose to go out on to the road. They kind of made the situation dangerous themselves if ya ask me.

... So it would be your own fault then, for not waiting behind the obstruction for however long it took them to get back to their car? That's okay of course, you'll have nowhere else to be I suppose.
    It's ok, you've made it quite clear the kind of person you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'm rural. We can park anywhere. Lovely. Must be awful, having to park on a "street"...or a pavement..

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Cienciano wrote: »
    OK, there is a percentage of people out there that can look perfectly able bodied but need a handicap parking permit.
    But not the massive percentage of people that use them. In my local shop there's about 7 spaces almost always taken up, there's not a chance in hell that there always happens to be 7 able bodied looking people, with hidden handicaps that just happened to forget to display their permit that day.
    And it's not like the place is full and they have to walk miles (it's a lidl). People are just lazy, they can't be bothered parking in the next row.
    never judge someone for looking able bodied whilst owning a blue badge,go ask them politely why they have a bb but dont expect everyone to answer as its rude to some people,some of us cant answer!

have had a bb for many years due to very complex and accute mobility difficulties caused by multiple disabilities [severe autism,intelectual disability and severe epilepsy with todds paralysis].
    will never be able to drive though do own a motability car and though am recognised immediately as disabled by young/middle aged general public,people assume severe mobility difficulties equals a permenent physical inability to walk which is not true,iin own case f it wasnt for disabled parking woud not be able to access anywhere-itd mean turning back home.

many people who have blue badges have conditions such as ME/CFS,they may look able bodied going in but come out nearly falling apart,if it wasnt for having parked nearby in the first place they woud not have been able to shop.
    its easy to judge when do not experience what people with complex severe disabilities do,folks need to remember anyone can become disabled and may end up in the situation of needing disabled parking,a bit of open mindedness doesnt go amiss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I never park on the path and have never claimed to, You may want to read before you start off there.

I'd see someone who walks out in front of traffic as being a bit slow alright, yeah. I'm a dick for thinking that? Ah, ok.

You said it doesn't bother you. Ergo you have parked on a footpath before and are back tracking or it doesn't bother you when you see another person doing. One is as bad as the other. It says a lot about you that you can't recognise what might be a massive barrier to some people.

Nobody walks purposely out into traffic. You never heard someone being knocked down on a road when they were out walking, no? Never? Ah they must have been 'a bit slow', that was there problem.

Also, I don't think visually impaired people have any problem with the speed they move, doesn't Ireland have a legally blind chap who's running 100ms in just over 10 seconds? jaysus.

They didn't choose to go out onto the road. Their choice was taken away when somebody lumped a vehicle in their way on the path. They had no choice but to use the road, which is also used by cars. A person in a wheelchair is about 3 foot high. Quite easy to miss if a person is bombing down a road. Ah but the wheelchair users mistake if something happens, right? That aul slowness is a curse........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

You're so cool.[/QUOTE]

you're the man!! obviously you have such a "cool" life yourself that you think it's ok to smirk, and poke fun at everyone else here, in the hope of getting a reaction, which is really only a craving for attention i think, because, in real life you have probably run out of friends, (real or cyber), with such a "cool" attitude to people less fortunate than your "cool" self, hope it all works out for you...."you're so cool"

Rasheed wrote: »
    You said it doesn't bother you. Ergo you have parked on a footpath before

quite possibly the worst conclusion. ever.

razorgil wrote: »

you're the man!! obviously you have such a "cool" life yourself that you think it's ok to smirk, and poke fun at everyone else here, in the hope of getting a reaction, which is really only a craving for attention i think, because, in real life you have probably run out of friends, (real or cyber), with such a "cool" attitude to people less fortunate than your "cool" self, hope it all works out for you...."you're so cool"

Thanks man :D
    btw yeah I've got more than enough of reactions.

some craic lads

And maybe, just maybe if you close your eyes and wish really hard you too could one day find yourself in a wheelchair, unable to use a footpath due to a car obstructing your way.

Oh, wait...

... So it would be your own fault then, for not waiting behind the obstruction for however long it took them to get back to their car? That's okay of course, you'll have nowhere else to be I suppose.

wait, are you honestly saying someone can wish themselves disabled?
    that's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

I find that Gaa supporters up from the country for the big match are the worst offenders, just look at Pairc Ui Rinn on match days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

quite possibly the worst conclusion. ever.

Thanks man :D
    btw yeah I've got more than enough of reactions.

some craic lads

well that is what we're here for dude!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Are these the same arseholes that leave skidmarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Unless it's an area where parking on the road would block the road completely then, yes, that's right. :)

I also wouldn't say it ever puts motorists in danger, more like an inconvenience.

Then find a suitable road to park on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I can be serious.

Awh, thank you :)

but..I can do whatever I want? Just some of it is illegal and I may be reprimanded for it.
    but thanks..? I never park on the path by the way.

I don't really like weetabix anymore, usually stick to toast!

You're so cool.

Wow, you have a great attitude towards people with disabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

I hate idiots who don't park on the path and block the road. We have couple of occasional idiots on our narrow little road.

Walk around the bloody car you lazy cúnt.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

P.C. wrote: »
    Wow, you have a great attitude towards people with disabilities.

Leave it, he's just a sad keyboard warrior looking for a reaction.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

thewing wrote: »
    I hate idiots who don't park on the path and block the road. We have couple of occasional idiots on our narrow little road.

Walk around the bloody car you lazy cúnt.....

Buy a house on a bigger road you poor cúnt. :eek: :D

Why should people including kids and old folk not to mention those with mobility issues venture onto the road due to your lock of foresight in seeing the predicament with the road!

razorblunt wrote: »
    Buy a house on a bigger road you poor cúnt. :eek: :D

Why should people including kids and old folk not to mention those with mobility issues venture onto the road due to your lock of foresight in seeing the predicament with the road!

Ha! Not too many poor on my road with cheapest houses still hanging around the 500k mark

Road is just narrow, cars can't NOT park on the path.

Ireland's cities were not built with cars in mind...or pedestrians in some places. Get over it, or get out.

Ha! Not too many poor on my road with cheapest houses still hanging around the 500k mark

Ireland's cities were not built with cars in mind...or pedestrians in some places. Get over it, or get out.

Still no excuse for pure ignorance though.

?????

If a car doesn't park on path and blocks the road for other cars, it is causing an obstruction - that's ignorant.

At least people can walk around a car.

Live and let live folks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

You are correct, if the road was not built with cars in mind, then you have 2 options :
    Get over it - by not having a car, or
    Get out, move somewhere with parking

The rules don't stop applying just because you have a house that is not sufficient for your needs

Whoops! I'm in After Hours - sensible debate ----> over there somewhere

I'll come back when y'all old enough to 1. own a car and 2. deal with the hassle of buying and moving a home...

(Move house because road too narrow...hilarious!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

If a car doesn't park on path and blocks the road for other cars, it is causing an obstruction - that's ignorant.

Are you suggesting that cars cannot drive round a parked car? Do they not have brakes and steering wheels to allow them to carry out this manoeuvre?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Has anyone ever been successful with the authorities in having a footpath re-designated as a car park?

?????

Wheelchair users/people with buggies may not be able to get past the car on the path, and may have to go onto the road in order to get by..... this is dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Whoops! I'm in After Hours - sensible debate ----> over there somewhere

I'll come back when y'all old enough to 1. own a car and 2. deal with the hassle of buying and moving a home...

(Move house because road too narrow...hilarious!!)

The point that a lot of folk here are trying to make is that your rights & needs are not more important than those of others.

The obstruction of pavements by parked vehicles is obviously more inconvenient for wheelchair users, people pushing buggies, elderly or infirm people.

But even if none of those people, or for that matter any able bodied non buggy pushing people is affected by a vehicle illegally parked on a path, it's still an offence under the Road Traffic Act. It's still wrong.

It's wrong because the driver has decided that nobody else's rights or needs are as important than his / hers. Legally, socially & morally wrong.

If you want people to give a damn about your rights & needs,
    try respecting theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

?????

Let 'cars' work that out for themselves on the road. It's not a concern of pedestrians or disabled people. Your remark about 'walkin'g around a car just shows your ignorance in this regard, an ignorance and lack of consideration that's all too common in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I live near a dual carriageway which I walk down for about half a km with my son in his buggy to get him to pre-school at one of the busiest times of day, the morning rush-hour. I nearly died when one day I had to get off the path and onto a bus lane of a dual FÚCKING carriageway because some ásshole thought it would be an act of absolute genius to park his car on the footpath and bicycle path to visit an apartment complex that would have inconvenienced him to have to do a legal U-turn 150m up the road to get to the complex's road. So a pregnant woman with a buggy had to go on to the N11 City bound to suit some lazy príck. I swear if I hadn't have been in a rush I would have keyed the bástards car.

I know he was in the complex because he left his girlfriend in the car and all she said was "Oh, he'll be out in a minute, he is just dropping something off" needless to say, I had a few choice words for her. All I ever think is after years of helping with the Irish Wheelchair Association, is whatever way it fúcked around my day, it would have ruined a wheelchair users day completely. I was gone for 15 min, and I saw it pulling off the path from a distance on my way back. 15 bloody minutes!!!! Even if all you were doing was getting out of the house for air, the last thing you want to do is stare at the rear-end of a car on the N11. Maunal wheelchairs are awkward near steps, there is a risk of them going backward, but the electronic ones, those things weigh a holy tonne and their users would never be able to maneuver one around a car.

When I go places with the buggy, I get annoyed if their are people parked on the path in a way you cannot get by, it is awkward for me, but I always find myself thinking "What if a wheelchair user needs to get by" I can go around, I shouldn't have to, but I can, they don't have that luxury. I think hefty fines and a bit of "accidental" damage is what is needed for people who are that fúcking inconsiderate. There are 7 million people in this country, not just you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has anyone ever been successful with the authorities in having a footpath re-designated as a car park?

Serious question?

I wouldn't have thought it was necessary for anyone to apply, since local authorities everywhere fail to tackle this endemic problem effectively, despite token awareness-raising PR efforts such as Park Right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Maudi wrote: »
    lets just say for example..im on the cycle lane my kid on the back of my bike. and i dont see your car in the dark your car is illegally parked on the cycle path..what happens to you/your car?

Doesn't your bike have lights?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement