Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Driving Ban?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

not everyone has a trade doh in Ireland a lot of people are pumped into college i no when i done my trade a lot of my mates went to coll where are they now a buck in a trade can walk into a job no bother over there and be well payed a person with a degree and no experience might find it a lot harder and i no for a fact most wont get 50$ an hour. a trade is a fantastic thing to have if people are haveing great lifes over there on 25$ an hour what kind of life can one have on 40 or 50:D

why would you need the dole in canada?haha sure there's plenty of work there for those that want to work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭helpme23

Just lad could be getting the scratcher over there and cash in hand just like the good old days when Ireland was in her peak.Be earning the big bucks then.Ha what ya think.Serious tough would be able to walk into any job out there if thats the case.But to the point they are crying out for tradeys out there at the minute.So they cant bar everybody with criminal convictions on there record wouldnt make sense they want us out there to work.Simple.So i will attend to Canadas needs.Gunna sneak in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

arsenal59 wrote: »
    How's things I'm in the same situation as u I was banned for dangerous driving I went through a red light by accident and hit another car, I'm on stage 2 and received my garda cert today and I don't know what to do next? My mate is a garda so I'm see if there is anything he can do for me!

Were you texting someone or updating your Facebook? You don't deserve to be let leave this god-forsaken depressed rock - you should be made pick up soggy burger wrappers off the hard shoulder of the Mullingar bypass in an orange jumpsuit for three years. As for your mate being a Garda, I hope he unfriends you for even asking him to help you.

'c

Ah now jesus ya wouldnt like to be doing that yourself now give the lad a chance.Lad.Am just waiting to get a response on the whole thing i dont know they cant tell everyone to go fook off.Mine was 8 friggin years ago im a changed man.Dont drink no more and have no convictions since or before.When was your crime committed.?

i dont think a guard should be allowed give you a clean police cert. regardless of how much a friend of yours he is.

• Advertisement

Im gunna stick 20 euros on the scanner and then e-mail the visa crowd sayin is that enough to get into canada.Its all up in the air lad to be honest for us all .I dont know at all once on the record thats it every 1 like us are screwed .

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

arsenal59 wrote: »

P.s I was just onto my mate the garda he couldn't be more happy to assist a friend in need.

I call B.S on this. As if a guard would risk his job to lie on a cert for you. It's not even the guard that signs it. The superintendent signs it. Is he going to lie for you too? Or maybe the superintendent is another friend of yours?!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

helpme23 wrote: »
    Yea thats just my luck at the moment.ah i tink im not gunna even bother with the legal end of things am still gunna head out ive got a trade so am employable so am not going to let that stop my plans .cheers for the bad news.

You might as well try their embassy or consulate just to confirm it, I know it does look obvious it might be the case, you never know you just might, though the internet is full of information that maybe correct, I think you are better off to confirm it with them

Lima Golf wrote: »
    I call B.S on this. As if a guard would risk his job to lie on a cert for you. It's not even the guard that signs it. The superintendent signs it. Is he going to lie for you too? Or maybe the superintendent is another friend of yours?!

It seems arsenal59 has gone and deleted all his posts and has not replied to you your right deffo B.S. us:rolleyes:;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tilltill10

Hey i just seen this post and i am in same boat as the original poster made stupid kistake to park car from my friends around the corner to my house and there was a check point applied for my 2 year visa for canada feb just gone and i just sent off the court judgement that they asked for did u hear anything back about ur visa yet ? For the original poster of this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Buster1986

Hi everyone I'm wondering can anybody help with my question from past experience or someone who knows about it.
    I have been invited to apply for second stage of Canada working holiday visa and I have a list of driving convictions the worst been driving with no insurance the rest are no nct no tax non display of nct non display of tax driving a car that's unworthy.i have two different convictions both for 2010.im a bit worried as looking at it on the police cert it looks a lot worse than it is because it seems a lot but the all only driving convictions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buster1986

Buster1986 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm wondering can anybody help with my question from past experience or someone who knows about it.
    I have been invited to apply for second stage of Canada working holiday visa and I have a list of driving convictions the worst been driving with no insurance the rest are no nct no tax non display of nct non display of tax driving a car that's unworthy.i have two different convictions both for 2010.im a bit worried as looking at it on the police cert it looks a lot worse than it is because it seems a lot but the all only driving convictions

Forgot to add that I'm just back from New Zealand from spending 3 years there with the same police cert accepted

Advertisement