Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Notes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Metallica are in Japan in August. Therefore he's tweeting rubbish!
    Normally hes very reliable, might have just got dates wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Normally hes very reliable, might have just got dates wrong.
    He is very reliable. I know him well he probably got the dates wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

lord lucan wrote: »
    Metallica are playing Tokyo on August 10th.

Maybe he just mixed up Tokyo and Dublin. Easy enough mistake to make :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

42.50 for 50% slayer .... hahahahahahahahahahaha

joke right ???

Yeah it's shteep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That felt like a pile of meh to me :(

If it were 50% cheaper, I'd be slightly more into the idea of it.

Would have definately gone to bring the younger sibling, but pretty sure he's in the middle of his Junior Cert then - he'll probably be gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

So hang on ... is that it ? .. Slayer is the "HUGE" announcement ... well thats seriously disappointing.:(

Slayer is a pretty big deal. Does make it seem a bit less big cause it's in the academy though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So who is it that's supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Slayer is a pretty big deal. Does make it seem a bit less big cause it's in the academy though.

Small venues are the best places to see a band like Slayer, much more of an intense atmosphere.

As for the "50% Slayer" jibes above, yes the whole Dave and Jeff situation is shit but Gary Holt is an excellent guitarist and has been touring with them a long time now and Jon Dette is an animal on the drums. Their show out here last week was fantastic even without the 2 lads. And who knows Tom could well be the next one to walk away so why not go see a class live act in a setting thats bound to generate a savage atmosphere, might be the last chance to catch em live!! :p

• Advertisement

Testament1 wrote: »
    Small venues are the best places to see a band like Slayer, much more of an intense atmosphere.

Oh I agree, but Slayer in the academy probably isn't as 'huge' an announcement as this was pumped up to be.
    Denny M wrote: »
    So who is it that's supporting?

Not announced yet. Probably a band off the download line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Oh I agree, but Slayer in the academy probably isn't as 'huge' an announcement as this was pumped up to be.

Exactly .... when it was billed as "huge" I was hoping for an anouncement of huge significance (such as Van Halen playing here for the first time ever etc ) ... not Slayer in The Academy.

Yet another Anti-Climax announcement IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Not my cup of tea. Could've seen them at Metaltown over the summer, walked right by the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Slayer in a small venue will be great. Only ever seen them in a festival or in the O2. I imagine these tickets will be gone in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Slayer, by name is a massive announcement but they or rather what's left of themselves should consider no matter how they are unaffected or even bolstered by a change of personel its the fans that clearly are hurt more in not getting the genuine article let alone paying full price

Not seen em since the ambassador, thought they were done with here but it still leaves a sour taste and I am not so sure I will attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Think I'll be goin myself?? How many years ago was the Ambassador gig? I remember seeing them in the SFX in the 90s I think, almost got squashed to a pulp in me chair during Raining Blood! A dumbfounded bouncer had to drag me out of the pit! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

The ambassador was '05.

if either one or the other returns then I'm game, but not with both out. is more half empty than half full atm and being so far past their prime tis a bit ramshackle and up in the air

You know what I will take DL's facebook status as "currently drumming for slayer" as just that, despite the window of black he uploaded.... and the fact he's obviously not and will just have to trust jeff is still due a return regardless of the silence and so I might, check out dette and holt's contribution on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

so I might, check out dette and holt's contribution on the night.

If they play anything like the headline gig they did in Sydney recently then you wont be disappointed. Dette is an animal of a drummer and as for Holt, well i think his back catalogue should speak for itself!

I don't think anybody's doubting that this is gonna be class. Dette and Holt are both savage and the setlists recently have been good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ray mcgowan

Just a reminder this is on next monday

METAL NOTES 5th annual Irish Metal Special .. March 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The ambassador was '05.

if either one or the other returns then I'm game, but not with both out. is more half empty than half full atm and being so far past their prime tis a bit ramshackle and up in the air

You know what I will take DL's facebook status as "currently drumming for slayer" as just that, despite the window of black he uploaded.... and the fact he's obviously not and will just have to trust jeff is still due a return regardless of the silence and so I might, check out dette and holt's contribution on the night.

That long ago!? :-o Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's a new standalone thread for the Slayer show here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056897619

This thread has gotten a bit off topic,can we get back to this thread being about Ray's Metal Notes programme from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Slayer, by name is a massive announcement but they or rather what's left of themselves should consider no matter how they are unaffected or even bolstered by a change of personel its the fans that clearly are hurt more in not getting the genuine article let alone paying full price

Not seen em since the ambassador, thought they were done with here but it still leaves a sour taste and I am not so sure I will attend.

no lombardo or hanneman = not slayer.

the playlist from the Irish special is now up on the phantom website

http://www.phantom.ie/shows/190.191.196.256/1061/1/Metal_Notes

Got a packed show next monday.
    I'll be broadcasting an interview with Slash.
    I have copies of BFMV - temper temper - to give away
    I have copies of Axewound - Vultures - to give away.
    I got my hands on the forthcoming Suicidal Tendencies album '13'. I'll be playing a track or two.

On next mondays show, i will be giving away a pair of tickets for the Lamb of God gig.
    Also will be playing a track of the new Airbourne album.

LAMB OF GOD
    Olympia Theatre
    Sunday 11th August

I got another pair of LOG tickets to give away on next mondays show.

I got some tickets for the SAXON show and the CANCER BATS gig to giveaway next week.

playlist here

• Advertisement

In memory of the late great Jeff Hanneman, i'll be having a bit of a Slayathon on tonight show. It will also be extended to 3 hours.
    Kicking off at the earlier time of 8 !!

Advertisement