Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's been 15 years...

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Happy Birthday boards!

Congratulations!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Quake died on its ass...

barely even a tremor out of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Quake died on its ass...

barely even a tremor out of it now.

That's so true, and so sad :( **alone tear **

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Victor wrote: »
    How many reported posts, warnings, infractions, bans, etc.?

boards.ie stat Victor Victor as % of boards.ie
    36,244,733 posts 59,743 0.16%
    2,297,620 threads 7,180 0.31%
    959 active forums ??? ???
    613,742 users 1 0.00%
    6,158,747 thread subscriptions 30,183 0.49%
    106,716 forum subscriptions 8 0.01%
    6,210,808 private messages 7,105 0.11%
    144,312 visitor messages 0 0.00%
    16,716,594 thanks 9,302 0.06%

Wasn't your post count reset after one of the early boards beers as well? Cant remember if it was restored or not...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wow! What an achievement! Boards must be one of the oldest Internet forums around.

Over 8 years here myself and it feels like yesterday when I joined.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Wasn't your post count reset after one of the early boards beers as well?

Hahaa. I vaguely remember that. Set back to zero posts? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Thats alot more than I thought there was, poor ah mods... is all I'll say, pretty much every thread belongs somewhere else. :eek: Then again thats been the way for a long time :rolleyes:

Hopefully this place lasts another 15 years :D

I remember when DeV made me admin by mistake after a name change and I banned you from ah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Bear in mind that the following data may be inaccurate from years of DB changes but from a 20 second look I got the following:
    • 58,782 reported posts
    • 17,146 warnings
    • 22,244 infractions
    • 19,685 forum/category bans
    • 60,094 permanently sitebanned users (including spammers)

And that's all the stats you're gonna get :pac:

Welcome to the sixteenth year, proud to have been here for 13+ of them :) Let's hope it doesn't go down the swanny any time soon, I've bills to be paying!

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

So how many boards weddings, boards babies etc....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

We don't keep stats on that ... well, not publicly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

joined for the TFC section - I think, at one time the RvR private forum accounted for about a fifth of the total posts o_0

Seaneh wrote: »
    I remember when DeV made me admin by mistake after a name change and I banned you from ah :D

You attempted to ban me from AH you mean. :p You succeed in banning me from the category, just not the main forum. Cant ban a mod from his/her own forum :D

Trust me, I tried banning myself from ah for spamming once.:eek: It didn't work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You attempted to ban me from AH you mean. :p You succeed in banning me from the category, just not the main forum. Cant ban a mod from his/her own forum :D

Trust me, I tried banning myself from ah for spamming once.:eek: It didn't work.

I think I demodded you and banned you and put your name in the word filter.

I but loads of common words in the word filter, half the post for about an hour looked like everyone was letting off a torrent of profanity :D

While all that was going on I was trying to create a new user group with admin privileges and put an alt loggin in it, but couldn't get the hang of it and eventually got bored and emiled tom and told him he'd made me an admin for over a week :P

Seaneh wrote: »
    While all that was going on I was trying to create a new user group with admin privileges and put an alt loggin in it, but couldn't get the hang of it and eventually got bored and emiled tom and told him he'd made me an admin for over a week :P

The good ol' days. :D
    That sort of carry on would make headline news these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thread smells like an old folks home. :p

I dont remember getting demoded that time :eek: ... Maybe I'm just getting old :(

[edit] never mind I do remember that now that I think about it, it was wierd because I was still flagged as mod and retained mod forum access...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Wow it's been 15 years already... I'm really thankful boards is still around, it's my goto website and keeps me entertained in work each day.

Looking at my join date (02-02-2002 nice eh!) I noticed that I missed my 11th year anniversery :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wasn't your post count reset after one of the early boards beers as well? Cant remember if it was restored or not...

I think there was some goofing around all right, but I don't remember the details clearly. the above is about accurate (some posts don't count towards post count, e.g. The Cuckoo's Nest, but I don't have many posts there.

I think it was SMAK who had a negative post count and someone else's post count dropped for every post they made.

Don't make me go old skool on your ass!

Victor wrote: »
    I think there was some goofing around all right, but I don't remember the details clearly. the above is about accurate (some posts don't count towards post count, e.g. The Cuckoo's Nest, but I don't have many posts there.

I think it was SMAK who had a negative post count and someone else's post count dropped for every post they made.

Think it was hobbes who got the negative post count...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It'll dry out and we can blame it on the cat.

Advertisement