Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfway House, Walkinstown, closed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Be interesting what market Long Mile Inn go after. Try get the old regulars back (not many) or go after the 20-30 brigade and get good bouncers at the weekend.

It's always been a well run shop -can't see that changing but they need sales.

Long Mile Inn back open today so they say.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone been in it yet?

Was in the lounge friday, €4.50 pint of Guinness. The kitchen is all new and open plan. Still using some old seating -they say will be replaced. One thing I noticed if your at the bar you can get the odd 'whoft' of food which if your not having any is abit annoying but other than that not much to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Danye

beertons wrote: »
    A guy called McAlendin, sp, is opening it. Hopefully by Wednesday. Has another pub in town called Foley's. Played football for one of the northern teams.

Didn't realise the forge doesn't have a late license any more, I never noticed a drop in sales, so it never affected me.

Apparently they where caught with people inside and still serving the last time Conor McGregor fought.

• Advertisement

Danye wrote: »
    Apparently they where caught with people inside and still serving the last time Conor McGregor fought.

Maybe that explains why their manager got the bullet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The Gardai must be busy when a fight is on as I know a lot of pubs around the Harolds Cross/Rathmines area that stayed open for late fights. One even charged patrons a fiver to stay back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Danye

Who was the manager?

Danye wrote: »
    Who was the manager?

Pm sent as not to name names.

Advertisement