Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beats Studio by Dr. Dre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Beats are great, they have made spending €300+ on actual high quality headphones acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

PPC wrote: »
    Beats are great, they have made spending €300+ on actual high quality headphones acceptable.

Have they really though? I don't know that the "acceptable expense" thinking extends beyond their marketed brand niche.

• Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

How much do beats and other expensive headphones cost to make? No more than 20 quid i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Brian wrote: »
    Have they really though? I don't know that the "acceptable expense" thinking extends beyond their marketed brand niche.

Or does it drag prices up and standards down?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

You assume any thinking at all is involved by the mass marketing zombies :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hairyleprechaun

xpletiv wrote: »
    I would imagine this is for the Professional version, which I have (though didnt pay that either... long story.)

Recommend spending it on a pair of Bose QC15s. Best headphones on the market if you ask me. Though dearer.

I've had a pair of QC15s for just over a year now, they are great. The noise cancelling is unbelievable. Great for flights, can't hear the engines. It's also nice to be able to hear the in flight film, the crappy headphones airlines hand out are shocking!

But each to their own, 80 euro off sounds alright if you like those headphones...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Headphones for posers who know nothing about music or audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

It does for sure, especially when people hear other headphones in the same price range who have listened to Beats before.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

To quote one comment from this interesting piece on Beats by Gizmodo

"I for one am grateful for Monster's efforts in bringing Beats headphones into the world. It used to take between several seconds and a few minutes to tell someone was a complete tool. Now for a large subset of the population... merely a glance."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Getting back to a bargain alert.....I picked up a pair of Audio Technika ATH M-50s's for $110 from a us company.
    http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=ATH-M50-PROMO&source=froogle
    They are now $118 (thats €88). Delivered for free to anyone in the US.
    They are currently €156 on amazon....

Beats are like tiger woods in golf, they have created more market and greater sales for all the other sellers and generally created a buzz about headphone hifi, which in my books is not a bad thing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I think most of ye are missing the key point. Theres few headphones that look as good, especially to the average joe. Its like the iphone. Over priced compared to the rest of the market. Yet extremely good looking.

Most of ye guys are posting links to on ear headphones rather than over the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I think most of ye are missing the key point. Theres few headphones that look as good, especially to the average joe. Its like the iphone. Over priced compared to the rest of the market. Yet extremely good looking.
    Is it just me or is this the wrong criterion on which to base your choice of headphones?

blastman wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this the wrong criterion on which to base your choice of headphones?

What ever matters to you. I want good a great looking headset that sounds good. I think beats does that great.

I think most headsets out there are plain damn ugly and I wouldn't be caught wearing them even if they had the best sound quality.

Some posted by people here are good looking but not great.

I think most headsets out there are plain damn ugly and I wouldn't be caught wearing them even if they had the best sound quality.

You wouldn't wear the best sounding headphones in the world unless they looked cool? You've substantiated my previous post that stated that Beats are for posers who only care about image & label - not for serious audiophiles or music fans.

"I don't care how they sound - do I look cool when I wear them!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

theidiots wrote: »
    I own a pair and also have a pair of sennheisers. If your into rap and hip hop and songs with heavy beats then they are excellent headphones. If you are into Indie, Rock, Pop etc then sennheisers are the better headphones.

I find with beats they are excellent headphones and theres like a seperate channel for every note, audio etc. Hard to explain but its awesome. I listen mainly to hip hop and rap

considering there are many different types of Sennheiser headphones, your post doesn't really make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What ever matters to you. I want good a great looking headset that sounds good. I think beats does that great.

Some posted by people here are good looking but not great.
    whatever works for you indeed.

personally, I'd be embarrassed to wear them out. I think they look tacky as hell, not to mention their comparatively poor sound quality, or the fact that 90% of people who wear them seem to be tools who don't have a clue about audio quality.

for the people who treat headphones as fashion accessories, the ones in the OP aren't really much of a bargain. better off just getting fake ones to listen to some crap bitrate mp3s on your ipod while walking around....

Well guess what. Most people don't have a clue about headphones. I certainly wouldn't be able to tell the difference from looking at stop spec.

It's an easy choice for them and once again is going to guarantee good sound quality.

I don't see anything wrong with them. I use Power AMP on my phone which has a very good EQ they let me get a huge amount of bass. Which is what I want. It doesn't crackle or give any hassle either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lifehouse

this became a discussion thread/debate already instead of bargain alert..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Listening to music on grooveshark with my 'replica' beats.Less than a fiver and the sound is perfect,I'm pleasantly surprised considering my usual headphones are Sennheiser.

I simply couldn't justify spending over €200 simply for a logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

And youll get done on customs fee. Tried ordering motorola w10 bt headset before. Item was bought 70 euro. Revenue wanted 60 euro

jave you tied using parcel motel

• Advertisement

jave you tied

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

:confused:

Clearly they meant 'Have you tried'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bare in mind hes not actually a real doctor..

Dont waste your money..sennis for real studio musicians..
    Dr. dre for the kiddies..

Clearly they meant 'Have you tried'.

sori oi didunt reeuliz.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gamestop is still the cheapest for these at 179 for the studio and 119 for the solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Gamestop, well known purveyors of high quality audio products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Got house of Marley rebels yesterday for 30euro..having had many headfones both expensive and cheap ones these have to be the most inexpensive set I have yet to purchase.unreal sound for 30 squids

Advertisement