Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beats Studio by Dr. Dre

Options
  • 05-02-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Call it bargain or not, Peats in Parnell Street and on their website have the on ear headsets for 220 down from 300.

I know some might argue that its crap and not worth even the 220, but they are one of the nicest looking headsets out there, not something your scared to wear outside your house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Not a comparitively bad price.

I'd spend that kind of money on a set of Sennheisers though.

I have a set of foldable sony headphones and their fine for wearing outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

How much are beats normally? :confused:

Beats Studio in Zavvi with code THGBEATS for €129 (Or it was a couple of days ago anyway..)

I will google THGBEATS.

EDIT.

Studio were €129 and SOLO HD were €159. - Code expired now. sorry...

Double edit... That must be the wrong way around, because the solo are €109 on Expansys.

I don't know anything about the Dr Dre Beats, other than beats also released a version for Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Britney and P diddy.

Enough to make me consider they are marketed at kids for a ridiculous price, because they know parents will pay. (Overpriced)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I would imagine this is for the Professional version, which I have (though didnt pay that either... long story.)

Recommend spending it on a pair of Bose QC15s. Best headphones on the market if you ask me. Though dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

....not something your scared to wear outside your house.

I kinda read that opposite to the way you meant it....

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Beat+earphones+mugging&oq=Beat+earphones+mugging&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.4614&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

BostonB wrote: »

Would like to see them try :)

I didn't mean it in that way. I meant as their good looking. They have a nice simple design.

As I said it's up to the person weather they like them or not our they think that their worth it. I just think they look really good vs. The rest of them

• Advertisement

They do free delivery here. Or $10 if you want them extra quick.

But the most expensive pair are only €139 ($189) for the Ferrari red ones. All the rest are around €129.

Am i missing something? Or are the real good ones not on that site?

Solo/Pro Solo HD/Pro Studio etc.. They're all there..

http://www.monstercity.us/

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

If they are the pro's that's not a bad price... If buying online be careful loads of sites are selling fakes..

And youll get done on customs fee. Tried ordering motorola w10 bt headset before. Item was bought 70 euro. Revenue wanted 60 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

And youll get done on customs fee. Tried ordering motorola w10 bt headset before. Item was bought 70 euro. Revenue wanted 60 euro

Did you send them the receipt showing the amount paid?

Did you send them the receipt showing the amount paid?

No. I told UPS to take it back to Amazon.

Either way, If your importing from the US your going to get hit, unless your very lucky. I know its cheaper there, you can try ordering from Monster themselves, but in my experience, anything I ever ordered unless it was very small value (like phone cases from China) your going to be hit with import tax or whatever you want to call it.

On a personal basis every time I found a headset that I liked, no retail stores had it, I got bored of searching and just went for it when I saw it. Havent got any complaints with sound quality, build quality or anything else for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Allyall wrote: »
    They do free delivery here. Or $10 if you want them extra quick.

But the most expensive pair are only €139 ($189) for the Ferrari red ones. All the rest are around €129.

Am i missing something? Or are the real good ones not on that site?

Solo/Pro Solo HD/Pro Studio etc.. They're all there..

http://www.monstercity.us/

fake site , you will receive nothing or receive aload of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pplant

I want Beats solo ones, seen them in PC World for €179.99, Anyone know if they are any cheaper anywhere else???

antocann wrote: »
    fake site , you will receive nothing or receive aload of crap

It's very well done.. But that means nowt.
    pplant wrote: »
    I want Beats solo ones, seen them in PC World for €179.99, Anyone know if they are any cheaper anywhere else???

Expansys have them for €109.

I don't know anything about BEATS. I don't mean to take from the OP. I just thought they sounded a bit expensive. I'm probably wrong. There are so many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

beats are terrible headphones, made by the same people who sell gold plated HDMI cables for that "better picture" quality.

do yourself a favour and buy a nice pair of sennheisers/shure's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

beats are terrible headphones, made by the same people who sell gold plated HDMI cables for that "better picture" quality.

Or Beyerdynamics, Audio-Technicas, JVCs or Denons... The list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

There not that terrible, just way overpriced for what they are. Unfortantly that's because there is a market of "trendy" people who want and are willing to pay over the odds for them. Same people who buy a new phone every time the next one with the .3inch bigger screen comes out. Nothing to do with the item, just want to be the first to have it etc

If they were like 30 - 50 euro, I'd buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Everyone I've met with Beats headphones bought them off a stall on Henry St for €15. Do many people actually buy the real ones?

I've tried them in a shop and I prefer my €25 Sennheiser 201s

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Gaw_ wrote: »
    no one is a moron for buying beats, or any product for that matter.

maybe under informed of whats available but certainly no means a moron.

take for example if i was considering taking a pair of beats off a friend or won them in a competition, therefore am i a moron?, nope i'd be a genius cause i'd sell them second hand and buy a few pints ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

I own a pair and also have a pair of sennheisers. If your into rap and hip hop and songs with heavy beats then they are excellent headphones. If you are into Indie, Rock, Pop etc then sennheisers are the better headphones.

I find with beats they are excellent headphones and theres like a seperate channel for every note, audio etc. Hard to explain but its awesome. I listen mainly to hip hop and rap

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Everyone I've met with Beats headphones bought themenry St for €15. Do many people actually buy the real ones?

I've tried them in a shop and I prefer my €25 Sennheiser 201s

I seriously doubt it. I never had Sennheisers but from playing music through my phone in PC world their nowhere near as good as beats.

For the last time for people who cant read. No one cares if you think their worth it or not. Its a good bargain for a good 80 euros off.

Personally I don't think any headset under 220 can look as good as that one while producing good sound. I had my eyes set on a sony headset for 150 euro which sounded just as good as beats, but no one in Dublin had stock. I though the rest of the headsets just looked ugly.

I do like rnb ,hip hop, hard dance and edm and for those things its great .Watching movies from my phone is just as good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

V Moda M-80s look good and sound brilliant. They are the #1 rated on ear headphone on audiophile. Get yourselves a pair of them or the Sennheiser HD 25 II if you want a great pair of cans.

Beats are sh1t.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    V Moda M-80s look good and sound brilliant. They are the #1 rated on ear headphone on audiophile. Get yourselves a pair of them or the Sennheiser HD 25 II if you want a great pair of cans.

Beats are sh1t.

Do you own a pair of beats?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

theidiots wrote: »

Why would he own a pair if he thinks they are sh1t ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Why would he own a pair if he thinks they are sh1t ?

Because people slate them without trying them, see my previous post regarding the sennheizer and beat headphones. I own both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My cousin has a pair and I used them when he came down for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Spent 15-20 mins in a Currys listening to Beats Studio and comparing them to my Sennheiser MM-450 X. I plugged in my own iphone and compared them on Rap, House, Rock, Punk, Folk and Indie and the muddiness of the beats in the high tones was shocking. Listening to some multi-layered instrumentation I could barely distinguish some of the sounds that were clear as day on my Senns. About the only thing the Beats had going for them were they were louder especially in the bass, but I would still say the Senns had a deeper more even bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

I have owned about 40 sets of headphones including beats they are appallingly bad for the price or any price for that matter the bass and lower tones overpower everything else i personally do like base alot but the beats are just far to unbalanced . I have heard a lot of people praise beats for the bass sound saying they are great for R&B Rap but thats total bull any headphones that are as unbalanced as beats are only ment for people who want the latest fad and don't really care about how good the headphones really are . Do your self a favor get Audio-technica/Sennheiser/AKG . As my portable cans i use the AKG 450s and they are better than beats in every way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Because people slate them without trying them, see my previous post regarding the sennheizer and beat headphones. I own both

but if you thought they were sh1t, would you still own them ?

People can try things without having to own them, would not make sense to buy something you think is ****, or to hang on to something you did buy if you then decided they were ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Beats are terrible

Advertisement